Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Can I get some input on a strange glitch I've been getting?

In the Act 1 caves (e: I only really have had problem with this in The Cave so far) I'll be walking through and then I suddenly start walking toward a wall, usually in a corner. I try to run away from the wall but the game keeps forcing me back into position next to the wall. The only way I can get out is to save+exit, and when I enter back into the room it does the exact same things in the exact same places. When I refresh the room to get different maps, it ends up invariably happening in another wall.

Is a plugin acting up? Thanks in advance.

e2: VVV I'd bet a stone of jordan that's the case. I had it up way high 'cause I wasn't sure what was an ideal setting for .pick. Thank you!

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Could be a pickit issue, that happens with gold piles out of reach for me.

Could try turning the radius down to 1 via .pick radius 1

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004

I had two sets drop off corpse fire and the rest before cain. Is that intentional?

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Majik Ninja posted:

I had two sets drop off corpse fire and the rest before cain. Is that intentional?

Seems like Act 1 is VERY generous with beginner sets. I've gotten many full sets from uniques and some duplicates, too, and I haven't even killed Blood Raven yet.

LunaSky
Sep 10, 2008

Even Diablo has a soft side
God bless you Goons! This is just what I need!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Majik Ninja posted:

From OP:

Garfu has fixed a thing and now there’s a chance for you to receive an entire level 1 set from a super unique in Act 1 Norm (Corpsefire/Bishibosh etc). Honestly, you’ll have more sets lying around then you know what to do with! This is repeatable. Repeat until you have your full set level 1 set.

No. No more dancing!
Jun 15, 2006
Let 'er rip, dude!
Oh no, am I going to get suckered into playing this 16 year old game again? I've been trying to resist it but I had too much fun the last few times. Hopefully I'll get sick of the low level slog and burn out and not waste the next month or so playing again...

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
Are you guys playing with Hardcore or Softcore characters? Just finished installing and all that jazz

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I assume Softcore because of the time investment and possibility of painful death from later enemies. I know I am.

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004

I'm on softcore because I felt like playing a sorc and not something super safe. Just made it to A3. Not looking forward to it.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Majik Ninja posted:

I'm on softcore because I felt like playing a sorc and not something super safe. Just made it to A3. Not looking forward to it.

Should I reconsider my Sorceress? Only level 9. I haven't played ES in forever so I'm super out of touch.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Hum, I ran through the install process on the other forum to a tee, click Diablo 2.exe and... nothing? :confused:

My compatibility is WinXP service pack 2 and I did all the other steps...

Anyone else failing out? Win10, if it matters.
Created the shortcut on my desktop and added -w too.
Got all the files from the link on that forum as well.

Edit:
Tried again from the beginning, Windows XP service pack 3 this time, still nothing.
The game runs in task manager briefly and then up and dies.
Is it normal that windows asks if it's alright for Diablo 2.exe to make changes whenever I run it?

Edit2:
Rebooting my machine seems to have corrected it, for whatever reason!

Poulpe fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 16, 2016

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004

Sab669 posted:

Should I reconsider my Sorceress? Only level 9. I haven't played ES in forever so I'm super out of touch.

On hardcore I find sorc to be more of a liability until you've gotten a safer character to find her items. On softcore I love her. I'm at 22 now.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Poulpe posted:

Hum, I ran through the install process on the other forum to a tee, click Diablo 2.exe and... nothing? :confused:

My compatibility is WinXP service pack 2 and I did all the other steps...

Anyone else failing out? Win10, if it matters.
Created the shortcut on my desktop and added -w too.
Got all the files from the link on that forum as well.

Edit:
Tried again from the beginning, Windows XP service pack 3 this time, still nothing.
The game runs in task manager briefly and then up and dies.
Is it normal that windows asks if it's alright for Diablo 2.exe to make changes whenever I run it?

This happened to me when I put the base game folder on the desktop. It worked when I moved it to C: drive.

Also, I'm still getting the random crashes, and I appear to be missing d2hackit.ini. Is that supposed to be included with the goontopia files? PlugY files seem to be there. But none of the hack commands work as far as I can tell and game still crashes every so often.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

The Diablo 2 I downloaded from that one Drive link's Diablo II.exe keeps getting quarantined by Malwarebytes as Trojan.Meredrop, is this just a false positive or what :v:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Yes

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Figured. Now to get this thing working so I can once again sink roughly an entire kalpa into this game :suicide:

EDIT: Okay, so every time I hit tab to open the minimap, my game immediately crashes. What's up with this? I'm on Win7.

NachtSieger fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 16, 2016

No. No more dancing!
Jun 15, 2006
Let 'er rip, dude!

NachtSieger posted:

EDIT: Okay, so every time I hit tab to open the minimap, my game immediately crashes. What's up with this? I'm on Win7.

Same problem for me. I was able to get the map hack to work the first time I installed it, after that it crashed every time.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

edit: Nevermind, lol
My crash appears to only occur when mousing over items in the inventory, but not 100% of the time. I have no idea.

Mince Pieface fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Nov 16, 2016

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Having problems too. Played for an hour yesterday without much issues, today the game won't even start. I reinstalled everything and still the same :(

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk
YES!

Buff Poison Necros.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Does the ladder option matter at all? Is everyone non-ladder or ladder?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

mirror123 posted:

Does the ladder option matter at all? Is everyone non-ladder or ladder?

Everyone is expansion ladder

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Pretty weird. My game crashes when I try to open the minimap as well. Just started happening this morning. Any ideas for us poor saps?

Edit: Win10

hotdog feet fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Nov 16, 2016

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
FUUUUUUUCK UNDER 4 WEEKS TIL FINALS ARE OVER FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

guess I'm just gonna have to wait :(

edit: lol nope gonna install this bitch cause I need something to do to keep me sane for a month

Target Practice fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 16, 2016

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Beobeobeo posted:

Pretty weird. My game crashes when I try to open the minimap as well. Just started happening this morning. Any ideas for us poor saps?

Edit: Win10

I'm on windows 10 with an nvidia card and everything works. What's your and anyone elses gpu that's not able to play? Hope it's something like the geforce experience/raptr loving you over and easily fixed by disabling optimizations for diablo2 or you got the xbox app trying to record poo poo in the background.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
I've got a 970, haven't tried disabling any of the geforce experience stuff yet. I'll give that a shot after work.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

No. No more dancing! posted:

Same problem for me. I was able to get the map hack to work the first time I installed it, after that it crashed every time.

Reboot!

That seemed to work last server... For some reason

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I am so happy this is happening and so enraged that all my other games will gather dust once again

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Oh its back that is exciting. Was literally just playing some MedianXL and a few other mods waiting out MedianXLs newest most biggest update for reals (its totally coming you guys)

that and watching Aftermath development still.

I'm always done for some ES though. Its been sad times since I don't know if any of you remember the PhrozenKeep subforum where MetropolisMan ran tournaments all the time.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
all I want to know is can I make the summoner necro of yore and sit back while my pets do all the work while I randomly cast curse of weakness?

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Carebearz posted:

all I want to know is can I make the summoner necro of yore and sit back while my pets do all the work while I randomly cast curse of weakness?

maybe after the skill/item review

it doesn't really scale nearly as well as other builds right now

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

the lack of a Necro is what made me dislike the Witch Doctor in D3 so much.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Carebearz posted:

Didn't they just release a addon pack that added the Nacro to D3?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

pixaal posted:

Didn't they just release a addon pack that added the Nacro to D3?

DLC in late 2017, probably like 15-20 bucks.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I know, but it's not the same

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Carebearz posted:

I don't know when you last played but you can definitely have a "big horde that does the work" WD now

Of course it's still smaller than the screen stuttering chaos of a real necro

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Server crashed, so we're taking the opportunity to patch a couple things.

In the future, if the server ever crashes, it will restart after 1 minute... so don't panic too hard.

Updates:
  • Passworded games work now
  • The news works now
  • Buffs to drop rates for clones and cows

Clones = Nihl bosses in Fake Note Factory, Andariels in the Dressing Room, etc.

Had a couple hiccups but the server is stable again now, sorry for the unexpected disconnections.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 16, 2016

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.
I was playing hardcore with another goon last night and I highly encourage others to join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

DriveC posted:

I was playing hardcore with another goon last night and I highly encourage others to join.

My game crashes/lags with far too much regularity to play hardcore :(

• Locked thread