Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Ok I will install this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

gently caress me im reinstalling

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I completely forget, what do I do with my barb before he goes into lightning poo poo gently caress mode ?

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
It made me really happy when I found out this morning that you can change your Eastern Sun shortcut to have the Lord of Destruction icon without having to find it online. :unsmith:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Um, last night I was running through act 5 on normal and suddenly the text "You must perform Skullo Dream to proceed." appeared several times on screen. My character is a Necro named Skullomania. Is this an easter egg or am I insane? I tried running around the area I was, but it didnt happen again. Maybe because I already killed Baal.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
You are insane

Ditchard
Jun 28, 2008
I'm in. Haven't played ES in a long while. Been playing the hell out of Median XL though. This will be a nice change of pace! I'm stoked to see it back.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Garfu posted:

You are insane

good to know

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Goin to get back in tomorrow with my old name, Vivec :getin:

Trampy Vampy
Mar 21, 2008

It don't mean a thing,
If it ain't got that swing.
Is there a way to have maphack reveal the map but not make everything daylight and superbright?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Trampy Vampy posted:

Is there a way to have maphack reveal the map but not make everything daylight and superbright?

If there is, I wasn't able to find it. I finally just decided to live without Maphack.

JHJ's maphack is apparently based on mousepad's 4.6 source, but I could find no documentation on the internet that so much as suggests JHJ's maphack is capable of disabling full light.

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe
Wooah this is exactly what I need in my life right now. Again.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Trampy Vampy posted:

"*" - Toggle full screen light radius, full infravision and sunny weather.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

_jink posted:

"*" - Toggle full screen light radius, full infravision and sunny weather.

Applies to Mousepad's hack, not JHJ's.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

gently caress you. I'm installing.

(thank you)

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Is it possible to make class changes, or is it basically just new items at this point? I'd love to see Necro get a facelift, starting with scrapping Revive (it's barely functional in ES) and adding Skeletal Mages back in.

I've never modded D2 before, but I'd be willing to contribute assuming it doesn't require ASM digging or something absurd.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Garfu I'm pretty sure you changed something that made higher runes drop less. Not seen anything but yellows in 7p hell content and this

kind of drops happened multiple times. A dragon stone and a sa rune dropped from the same enemy in magicians and blood ravens

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
you son of a bitch i cant believe you put this back up

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
you fucker you god drat gently caress rear end

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rune drops, or perhaps just boss/SU drops, are definitely hosed. Did a bunch of nm countess runs and she only ever dropped a single rune plus a single non-rune item per kill.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

stay depressed posted:

you fucker you god drat gently caress rear end

rear end fuckers in flight, eastern sun delight

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

Rune drops, or perhaps just boss/SU drops, are definitely hosed. Did a bunch of nm countess runs and she only ever dropped a single rune plus a single non-rune item per kill.

She only drops more runes for the quest. That's how it's supposed to function.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Garfu posted:

She only drops more runes for the quest. That's how it's supposed to function.

Didn't drop more than 1 first kill either.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Jusupov posted:

Didn't drop more than 1 first kill either.

Oh, well I think it's always been broken. The point is the loot the previous person got is intended.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
First kill of countess (quest completion kill) in hell 7p game dropped a single Ka rune

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I think we've tried to fix that in the past and no one was ever able to. I'll take a look at it later tonight. I personally have never looked at that quest.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
I keep getting crashes with "looks like we got a problem here" message, usually when inventory is open. I'm using a resizeable window, so i dont know if that has something to do with it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

pokchu posted:

I keep getting crashes with "looks like we got a problem here" message, usually when inventory is open. I'm using a resizeable window, so i dont know if that has something to do with it.

I remember there being a bug with mousing over some part of the window with something open but it was in the old threads and don't have archives. Did you use a clean install from the forum guide on how to do it?

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I am having the same problem, never installed on this computer before and used the D2 base from the dropbox :iiam:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Yeah I remember some people having that issue too and it was maphack related and it was sometimes fixed with a reboot. I'm not sure :(

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Yeah, reboots fix it for me. The other issue I have is that the game won't actually close when I exit out. Have too close it via task manager.

Or just never stop playing.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

pokchu posted:

I had that too! Started playing fullscreen and it stopped :iiam:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

God I completely forget what to do in this. Time to spend a lot of hours. Anyone wanna play in a few hours once I've got my computer and install properly set up?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

God I completely forget what to do in this. Time to spend a lot of hours. Anyone wanna play in a few hours once I've got my computer and install properly set up?

I'd suggest hopping int he discord. We have almost 100 people in there now.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I am a loner nerd who likes to play solo hardcore. Can I play single player using the directions on the forums? Phone posting at work or ibwould just test it myself. Win10

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

big cummers ONLY posted:

I am a loner nerd who likes to play solo hardcore. Can I play single player using the directions on the forums? Phone posting at work or ibwould just test it myself. Win10

Yeah but you lose respec power (you'd have to use a tool on your own PC for that).

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

big cummers ONLY posted:

I would just use the server but only play passworded games

The server and your characters are going anywhere. I've always released a zip with all of the characters in them when the server inevitably goes down

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Poulpe posted:

I had that too! Started playing fullscreen and it stopped :iiam:

What settings are you using for fullscreen? When I use the default instructions from the forum, I end up with blank fullscreen window on my primary monitor with no ability to get to a task manager to close it out, forcing me to reboot.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

pokchu posted:

What settings are you using for fullscreen? When I use the default instructions from the forum, I end up with blank fullscreen window on my primary monitor with no ability to get to a task manager to close it out, forcing me to reboot.

Uhhh I followed some instructions that let you play in a resizable window, but then when that didn't work out I just opened the settings application again (forget the name) and checked off "windowed" and it works

Sorry, at work and can't look at anything specifically :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Garfu posted:

I would just use the server but only play passworded games

The server and your characters are going anywhere. I've always released a zip with all of the characters in them when the server inevitably goes down

I wouldn't mind this but I play HC and hate dying to lag etc. I mean, I die all the time, but I handle it best when I know I deserved it

• Locked thread