Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Alavaria posted:

Pretty sure it's just the countess that bugged? Specifically the quest that gives the rune fountain.

There was a post earlier with a screenshot from Act II showing a bunch of Sa runes. Countess is Act I, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
Well right after that there was this:

Garfu posted:

The point is the loot the previous person got is intended.
(And confirmation the countess is also broken was seperately mentioned)

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
SA runes drop more often, and the countess is still bugged. She doesn't have a separate quest loot entry like everything else so I have no idea...

Just farm clone areas/cows for runes

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
Comes back to farming eh :v: :sun:

Oooh I see, Sa runes because you use them for maple leafing things :)

Alavaria fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 22, 2016

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I've hit a wall as a summoning druid in act 2. Anyone know where I can farm the next set for lvl 16 or 26+

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Khako posted:

I've hit a wall as a summoning druid in act 2. Anyone know where I can farm the next set for lvl 16 or 26+

Join the Discord. Someone is bound to have a spare level 16 druid set or other low level druid items.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I've received several PMs regarding server costs and offering donations so deathrat and I figured we mine as well open up donations. We absolutely do not need donations to keep the server running, but if people would like to contribute, use this link. The way this particular VPS works is you fund your account and cash is removed hourly ($0.06 an hour, ~$40 a month), so it kind of works out well for donations. We will throw every dollar we get into the server fund and keep the server running indefinitely.

Again, even if we get $0 the server will stay up, I have no problem paying it since ES is awesome and it's always a fun time running this server for goons.

Please try to keep the individual donations under $10 since come on the game is old as f and we're not trying to profit off of it!

Garfu fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 22, 2016

deathrat
May 25, 2010

Garfu posted:

I've received several PMs regarding server costs and offering donations so deathrat and I figured we mine as well open up donations. We absolutely do not need donations to keep the server running, but if people would like to contribute, use this link. The way this particular VPS works is you fund your account and cash is removed hourly ($0.06 an hour, ~$40 a month), so it kind of works out well for donations. We will throw every dollar we get into the server fund and keep the server running indefinitely.

Again, even if we get $0 the server will stay up, I have no problem paying it since ES is awesome and it's always a fun time running this server for goons.

Please try to keep the individual donations under $10 since come on the game is old as f and we're not trying to profit off of it!

Unless you're space rich then give us all your money thanks

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
wheres the cosmetic donor item that lets me flaunt my superiority over all non-donors

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

General Morden posted:

wheres the cosmetic donor item that lets me flaunt my superiority over all non-donors

Agreed, give me a giant obnoxious neon rainbow Fetish skin on a charm. Other mods have done model changes!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Game over man, game over

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

We'll think of some sort of incentive...

Last server it was a maple per $0.50 but I think giving something that isn't necessarily an in game p2w item would be good.

I'll think of something

Or nothing

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Jusupov posted:

Game over man, game over

Very nice!

Is there a list somewhere of the goontopia-exclusive runewords?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Suprfli6 posted:

Very nice!

Is there a list somewhere of the goontopia-exclusive runewords?

https://d2es.github.io/item-db/items/newstuff.htm

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Awesome, thanks

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

anyone have a melee necro build?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

My crystal can looks sad now

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
I went ahead and got a 20 lightning mastery diadem with three sockets and then got completely overwhelmed with trying to figure out crafting.

This game was much easier when I was content with just slapping on uniques and throwing on a little dstoning.

I'm probably just dumb.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Beobeobeo posted:

I went ahead and got a 20 lightning mastery diadem with three sockets and then got completely overwhelmed with trying to figure out crafting.

This game was much easier when I was content with just slapping on uniques and throwing on a little dstoning.

I'm probably just dumb.

You can get it with +3 to class too. Just takes roughly 30 times longer to get.

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk

Drythe posted:

anyone have a melee necro build?

Mines not up to scratch on the server yet and the old forums got wiped so my old summary doesn't exist anymore.

When the last server went down all the characters got given out (see the end of the old thread), so if you don't mind a bit of legwork you can always grab my character out of there and have a look/test him out?

Think his name was "SushTheSecond" or similar.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

oh, neato

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Jusupov posted:

Do you farm both cow levels for Ore or are other areas better?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Suprfli6 posted:

Do you farm both cow levels for Ore or are other areas better?

I do all level 88 areas. Well except marsh of pain and a5 portals. I can't tell what area gives best ore rate now

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Jusupov posted:

How did you get the +7 to Barbarian skills? Skill master for +4, +1 from the forging, another +1 from forging the jewel, ...?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Grundulum posted:

How did you get the +7 to Barbarian skills? Skill master for +4, +1 from the forging, another +1 from forging the jewel, ...?

It's got 3 sockets. Started out with +3 to barb from the prefix, +1 forging and the rest were jewel forges.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Wonder why the sockets display as empty on the item itself.

Also wasn't there a bug where forging skill tabs into skill jewels could mess things up? It's been so long it's hard to remember the exact details.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Garfu posted:

Last server it was a maple per $0.50 but I think giving something that isn't necessarily an in game p2w item would be good.

I'll think of something

Or nothing

I would appreciate no ptw items. I know you probably would not do it, but having them always gives the temptation to make it harder to get things without them.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Khako posted:

I don't really have an answer for this, but here's what I did when my killing speed really slowed down as a melee werewolf.

1. Respec as fire elemental druid
2. Gamble the following items - Zann Esu's Raiment (Short Staff), Alizee's Flaming Horns (Antlers)
3. Pay for your gambling habit by repeatedly killing the superunique cat near the glowing gold treasure chest in the halls of the dead. There's a 50% chance that she drops a forging hammer, which you can click a few times to turn into a dragon stone, which sells for 50K.
4. Crush your way forward with your megaboulders.

I am not an expert, there's probably a much better way to do this but that's what I did. If you want to stick with your build, I imagine you could simply use the hammer farming to get the money to gamble the set you want.

Grifter fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 22, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Would using killer scythe gloves be better on my assassin than using her regular melee skills? Even though the skill ranks won't get as high?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Garfu posted:

I'll think of something

Or nothing

Doba straight dollar to gold conversion. Thanks for the $10 donation! Here's 10 gold!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Grifter posted:

I don't really have an answer for this, but here's what I did when my killing speed really slowed down as a melee werewolf.

When did you feel melee werewolf slowed down? The level 16 set turns you into a powerhouse (at least on normal difficulty)

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

The level 16 druid set combined with +elemental tab starter weapon and rings/ammys lets you walk through all of normal without having to lift a finger. Stuff runs into your Winter Fury radius and either dies instantly or gets stuck in hit recovery animation until the second or third tick kills them. Some of the very high hp mobs are the only exception to this and you can sandstorm them once in the face or do whatever else you want to make them die faster.

My druid is level 82 or 83 and I'm just now replacing the level 16 set...

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So I notice that Badtown is still on the Expansion Hardcore ladder even though he's dead. So what the heck happened to GBIRL, the dude who helped me through Act 4? He's just not on the list anymore. And goddamn Baddertown is already level 75 and some new guy Dogfucker came out of nowhere and is 54.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

He might have deleted the char after it died?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Unique grand charm with teleport oskill.

That seems like a great incentive

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ikanreed posted:

Unique grand charm with teleport oskill.

That seems like a great incentive

That sounds Pay2Win, really useful though!

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
ok so i completed nightmare with my sorc but im not sure how to/what to gear myself with. from what ive read buying chits is the way to go is there a specific difficulty where it works better?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

ok so i completed nightmare with my sorc but im not sure how to/what to gear myself with. from what ive read buying chits is the way to go is there a specific difficulty where it works better?

N, NM, and H each have their own ilvl chits. Higher ilvl means better gear - but also more expensive. Considering how easy it is to run NM lost notes, I'd go straight for the Hell chits. If you're not to A5 Hell yet, NM is better than N.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

When did you feel melee werewolf slowed down? The level 16 set turns you into a powerhouse (at least on normal difficulty)

I'm still using the lvl 1 set as melee-wolf. Where would I go to farm the lvl 16 sets? So far I found a Rak'thol's Scythe from a random unique. I'm probably gonna re-spec too as I don't like summons right now. Seems way too weak even in normal. I just found the hidden(old?) farm in far oasis, and got my poo poo pushed in extra-hard for the cows there.

Khako fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
In my case I fought my way up to Anya in Act 5 and gambled with chits.

• Locked thread