Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is the old "Chill in a game for 15 minutes, drop your poo poo, leave, and come back with your other character" trick the only way to transfer gear without another person?

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh, I didn't realize that's a thing. Sweet.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

So what exactly is this? Did you goons further mod Eastern Sun, or is this the same ES one would find on whatever the official website is?

It's been years since I played ES, probably not since like 1.10 but I thought things were... More different. I got a Sorceress to 10 last night and was surprised at how similar the skill tree is to regular D2. Loaded up a Paladin and same thing. Yea there's obviously new abilities / modifications to old abilities. I dunno, I just remembered it being quite different.

But I might just be mixing it up with all the other mods I spent countless hours playing.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Majik Ninja posted:

I'm on softcore because I felt like playing a sorc and not something super safe. Just made it to A3. Not looking forward to it.

Should I reconsider my Sorceress? Only level 9. I haven't played ES in forever so I'm super out of touch.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

My roommate wants to play, he's on Windows 7. I copied my working D2 (used the torrent from the site in the OP) directory to his computer, ran Goontopia.reg + d2vidtest, set compatability modes etc. but he can't run it. If he sets it to windowed mode, it CAN run but playing in a tiny 800x600 window which doesn't even mouse lock is awful.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

boho posted:

Did he run the glide wrapper?

Ah, yea, that helped. He still can't run it in Full screen, but 1280x1024 windowed or whatever isn't awful with mouse capture.

Is there like a PDF I can download or something that tells me what half of this poo poo is in this game? No idea what to do with all the Hearts and Jawbones and organs. Or Ancient Decipherers. Or all of the other nondescript items.

Also how the gently caress does this Idle Client thing work? I created 7 different ini files for each of my dummy characters. Fill in the Game Info that I created on my main but they can't join?

edit; vvv D'oh.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 18, 2016

• Locked thread