Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I have been hoping this would come back around! :hellyeah:

Herp I learned to read: going to dig up one of my 4 copies of the game, I'm sure I can get the games read. Also going to need to dig up a CD Drive.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Carebearz posted:

the lack of a Necro is what made me dislike the Witch Doctor in D3 so much.

Didn't they just release a addon pack that added the Nacro to D3?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

What if we updated the google drive download to include the fully patched copy making it just point and click easy instead of unzipping 3 things into the folder? I'm all for idiot proofing everything.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So based on thread discussion I guess there are some trap builds, aka builds that don't really work? Summoner Necros for instance. Are there any others like that? Alternatively, are there any good builds not discussed so far? For instance I had some success with a life leech werewolf druid back in the day.

Since you can respec using the forums there's not trap build. All builds can beat hell baal. There's obviously stuff that is broken and will help you farm end game endlessly but I think the goons in charge want to make every class have at least 1 good end game build. Even the worst skill is better than LoD.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

aioli is just mayo posted:

Goddamn you Garfu I don't have internet at home anymore how am I supposed to play now?!?!

This game was made for 56k, can't use that much data. Teather your laptop to your phone.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

ikanreed posted:

Unique grand charm with teleport oskill.

That seems like a great incentive

That sounds Pay2Win, really useful though!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Beobeobeo posted:

Can the donation incentives be something stupid? Like a small charm that you can cube that has passive skills to change your character's shape? I guess I don't know what kind of effort is involved in this, but I'd like to fling lightning around as a cow instead of a muscle man.

I want to see 8player Andrial running around killing things.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Garfu posted:

Make another character and take theirs!

As a note you can open multiple clients at the same time!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

aioli is just mayo posted:

Stupid question

Can you play this in offline mode without hitting the server?

Of course! I think some runewords might be server only. I know the single player stash has multiple pages and is shared with all characters which is really nice. You can't take an offline character online though well you could on open battle.net but we aren't playing there.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I did assume there was a reason for offline (such as traveling). Really though if you are mostly just commuting using your phones data shouldn't be a problem. Airplane flights might be an issue. Remember Diablo 2 was designed for a 28.8k modem it isn't going to use any noticeable amount of data unless you are downloading the game or patches on it. Connect laptop to phone use a few hundred megs of data a month.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

suuma posted:

I'm about level 35 and I've finished up Normal and everything in Nightmare has too much hp for my gear. I'm still running around with the Berserker's set on a thunder barb because I just haven't found anything else and I'm not really sure what I should be targeting for as far as gambling goes.

I guess I should probably use my unique stone on a muscle wrap because right now I spend so much gold on potions I barely clear 50k when it comes time to go gamble.

35 in NM on ES? That seems pretty low for a first character. The monsters at the end of A5 normal are around 44 aren't they? Most people are hitting NM around 50 and Hell around 80 I think is the recommended for first ES play. Hit is most level and not dex. Maybe do some Cows or the other new post game areas on normal for a bit to get some XP and new items.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

stay depressed posted:

it's a pretty significant request to make all uniques viable and even moreso to do so for the ones available in normal

Especially with forging. It takes until A4NM when you bash Meph's soulstone but after that you should have enough P.gems to get a full set of forged jewels. It turns into whatever has the most sockets and a good beat stick, that you jam more stuff into. End of Normal you should be able to forge a few jewels from saved up gem points.

Don't forget you can runeforge stuff 2 of the same rune + a chippy to get the rune applied to the item, 3 thawing pots to get the runs back.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I have no idea what it should do but I'm very disappointed there is a HoHoHo runeword call it the fat jolly man or something. Is it possible for a runeword to change armor color? Decking yourself out in red with white trim could be festive.

Maybe cold damage.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

I'm wondering if there's a plugin or something that would let you cast all your buffs in a single mouse click and hotkey rather than having to swap through them all manually. Also left click teleport. Anyone have any idea?

If you haven't set next spell and previous spell to scroll wheel up and down. It's the hardcore Diablo thing to do! It's so fast that you can crash a game in one of the versions on a paladin rotating auras super fast, you can also have multiple auras up like that in that same version but constantly doing it. I remember doing that in 1.08 or something maybe even earlier. I was an early scroll wheel adopter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Michaellaneous posted:

So far it has been pretty easy flying. Then I enter the bloodraven workshop and get insant killed.

That is one of the extra dungeons designed for after you finish the difficulty.

• Locked thread