Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Blockhouse posted:

Where do you get Jaco's gear from? I want to make my Namekian a galactic patrolman

I got it from a Buu kid, but it seems super rare. You can mock it up with various "Elite" costumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Here's my snowflake that I just started the game with.

I imagine Kaizo is some kind of total tryhard who enjoys pretending he's a wizard and also wants to kiss Captain Ginyu. This isn't technically his final form. Definitely shows up to every mission slightly drunk, and I wish I could get a martini or a mint julep or something as an accessory.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Just in case anyone else was like me and wondering what this would look like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HzH1CoFGMQ

it's beautiful

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Just in case anyone else was like me and wondering what this would look like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HzH1CoFGMQ

it's beautiful

I mean

it kind of doesn't matter

that's just the male alien maxi fusion it looks the same any time a male alien initiates the move

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Blockhouse posted:

I mean

it kind of doesn't matter

that's just the male alien maxi fusion it looks the same any time a male alien initiates the move

please respect the amount of time and effort the ginyu force put into their choreography

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So, uh, is the KMH a short-range attack or something? Enemies don't stay in one place nearly long enough for it to actually hit its goddamn target. That, and ki attacks seem somewhat anemic, at least in the early game. I'm getting more out of mashing X and Triangle, and I have barely looked into other moves like X+O or anything. There's a lot of things to be done in this game and I'm way too green to know what to use at any point in time.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So, if anyone is like me and is really bummed out they can't ever catch the raids I've found a minor work around This Mod is super simple to install and remove and adds in the trendy suit and janeba sword, among other things, to the shops. So you can pop in and buy whatever you want then just remove it if you're not the type of person who wants to completely break the game's progression. Presumably the guy will update it for future raid rewards too. Also sticking the janeba sword on my tiny buu lady makes it just float like a foot away from her body. Does it do that on any other character types?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Pollyanna posted:

So, uh, is the KMH a short-range attack or something? Enemies don't stay in one place nearly long enough for it to actually hit its goddamn target. That, and ki attacks seem somewhat anemic, at least in the early game. I'm getting more out of mashing X and Triangle, and I have barely looked into other moves like X+O or anything. There's a lot of things to be done in this game and I'm way too green to know what to use at any point in time.

The AI is massively improved in this game and will easily dodge most errant Ki attacks, especially Ultimates. Stuff like the Kamehameha is best used after a combo ender or after a Stamina Break (smash tilt +X).

Also there's the Kaioken Kamehameha, which doesn't charge and comes out much faster, but takes 2 bars of Ki. Worth it over the base version IMO.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Well, I'm interested in that shop mod, but I have no idea how to install it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The contents of the folder inside just need to placed in {data>system>item}.

It will work with any modding method. You may need to create the folders yourself depending on what you're using.

Check the home page for a tutorial on the easiest way to install mods. Personally, I prefer to extract data2.cpk, add my mods, then just repack it & replace the old one. The xv2patcher(easy) method is writing directly to ram real time which can be demanding on a PC with lower end specs. It can cause random crashes if you don't have a significant amount of free ram.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh my god the thread title. I genuinely regret starting that chain of subquests. Is there any penalty for completely ignoring it, 'cause it's annoying as gently caress.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

BenRGamer posted:

Well, I'm interested in that shop mod, but I have no idea how to install it.

On the home page there's a guide for how to install it. I went with the far more simple route of dropping a few folders into the install directory, then just deleting them when I was done with the mod. :shrug:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Pollyanna posted:

Oh my god the thread title. I genuinely regret starting that chain of subquests. Is there any penalty for completely ignoring it, 'cause it's annoying as gently caress.

Once you've gotten Potential Unleashed/Extra Wishes/The Time Egg you've gotten everything from him so feel free to let him be attacked.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Nuebot posted:

On the home page there's a guide for how to install it. I went with the far more simple route of dropping a few folders into the install directory, then just deleting them when I was done with the mod. :shrug:

Yeah I tried that, except it... didn't work

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

BenRGamer posted:

Yeah I tried that, except it... didn't work

Really? You just drop the "XV2PATCHER" and "bin" folders into the Steamapps> Common> DB Xenoverse 2 folder. Create a third "data" folder, drop the mod's "system" folder in data and run the game.

EDIT: So something weird i've noticed is that this game's skill distribution is kind of hosed up. I've just cleared the cell saga and I'm working through the PQs, but almost every skill you can earn is Ki based. The only good strike ones I've seen have been the meteor crash or whatever the hold and drain ki one is, and the evasive move you get from Zarbon. Either I'm just severely underestimating the ones I have otherwise, or they're wholly unnoticable. That and I have like twice the variety of ki moves.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Nov 17, 2016

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
There's hardly any Strike moves in general.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The best strike moves come from mentors, anyway.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It is much easier to make Kameha number 100 than martials arts moves.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Senerio posted:

The best strike moves come from mentors, anyway.

Except for Slug's strike move. gently caress Slug.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

How is this super Dragon fist attack supposed to work? I land the first hit and then a big gold dragon comes out, flies through them, and nothing happens.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Great Beer posted:

How is this super Dragon fist attack supposed to work? I land the first hit and then a big gold dragon comes out, flies through them, and nothing happens.

It works with "don't even use it unless the enemy is stamina broken and/or stunned and maybe not even then." The hitbox is terrible

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Great Beer posted:

the hitbox is broken. You can only land it if the enemy is stamina broken and also they have enough stamina that they won't regen it all before the dragon hits them.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The only Strike Ultimate I found to be worth it is Justice Combination. I recommend tossing Supernova from the Frieza EQ as the other one, because it has XV1 tracking, and still does a massive amount of damage even at 0/-5QQ ki.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only strike super you need is meteor crash

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
You misspelled Gigantic Omega.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Justice Combination is a really good Strike Super tho'.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Deadly Dance is great and really easy to combo from your normal hit-string too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but yeah if you want some strike moves train with 18 and saiyaman

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Broly too, for a good ranged strike move.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
https://www.dragonball-videogames.com/en/patch-1-03-for-consoles/

quote:

Time Patrollers,

A new patch for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 will be deployed on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 18th. It will be deployed later on STEAM, alongside other fixes for PC only.

You can find the changes below:

Fixed issue where a particular challenge quest could not be completed depending on the combination of the avatar race or build
Fixed issue where player data is not successfully carried over
Fixed issue where an error occurs when asking Shenron for a wish
Minor bug fixes
Battle balance adjustments

List of balanced skills:

Justice Combination
Neo Wolf Fang Fist
Feint Shot
Dragon Fist
Saiyan Spirit
x20 Kaioken Kamehameha
Dust Attack
Solar Flare
All Clear
God of Destruction’s Anger
Meteor Crash
Phantom Fist
Prelude to Destruction
Final Blow
Dodoria Headbutt
Super Dragon Fist
God Breaker
Flash Bomber
Burning Spin
Reverse Mabakusenko
Go-Go Gum

So those of you making great use of Justice Combination... welp.

(Can't believe Giant Storm escaped the nerf bat.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hey, I'll take it if it means they fix dragon fist

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, I hope they make Dragon Fist usable again.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pureauthor posted:

https://www.dragonball-videogames.com/en/patch-1-03-for-consoles/

So those of you making great use of Justice Combination... welp.

(Can't believe Giant Storm escaped the nerf bat.)

so are these skills that are both being buffed AND nerfed, or all nerfed?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wow, pretty much everything I used on my character is getting nerfed.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ImpAtom posted:

Wow, pretty much everything I used on my character is getting nerfed.

Yeah jeez. RIP reverse mabakusenko and justice combination. Maybe Neo Wolf Fang Fist and Saiyan Spirit were buffs..?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

so are these skills that are both being buffed AND nerfed, or all nerfed?
buffed and nerfed

dragon fist literally never hit anything, even if they wanted to nerf that for some insane reason i dont see how you could make it worse.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Endorph posted:

buffed and nerfed

dragon fist literally never hit anything, even if they wanted to nerf that for some insane reason i dont see how you could make it worse.

It now shoots out Icarus instead of a real dragon.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Pureauthor posted:

Fixed issue where a particular challenge quest could not be completed depending on the combination of the avatar race or build

Yeah I'll take the nerf for Justice Combination if this refers to Challenge 13 and applies to my Friezaman's build.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Ometeotl posted:

Yeah I'll take the nerf for Justice Combination if this refers to Challenge 13 and applies to my Friezaman's build.

What's that one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Has anyone played the Pokemon hack Dragon Ball Team Training? How is it?

• Locked thread