Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Oh hey this game, I remember enjoying it on the GBA in 2004 but I had way more time for games and way more patience so who knows if it holds up? Never did see what the PS2 "remake" was like so this should be interesting.

Can you still press L+R to instantly jump to the top of your deck? One thing I always did while deckbuilding was to put all my 0 cards at the bottom of my deck, so if I needed to break an enemy combo I could just jam L+R and then cycle a couple spots in the deck to answer it more quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

C-Euro posted:

Can you still press L+R to instantly jump to the top of your deck? One thing I always did while deckbuilding was to put all my 0 cards at the bottom of my deck, so if I needed to break an enemy combo I could just jam L+R and then cycle a couple spots in the deck to answer it more quickly.

I think they put it on D-Pad Up or something like that, but yeah the functionality is still there somewhere.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

adventures of child, duck and dog returns

tankfish
May 31, 2013
This is like a lovely DnD campaign where FutureFriend is Sora Killermc is Goofy Chorps is Donald and Loon is Jiminy Cricket for some reason .

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That is not at all the Organization's mission, but OK, whatever weirdo.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The GBA version makes it seem like Pinocchio craws out it's rear end instead if I remember right.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
That ramming sleight isn't in the GBA version, is it? I remember there being a sleight for Donald+Goofy+Keyblade but you don't unlock it until the last area.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Hoo boy that Larxene scene had some awful voice acting.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

thetoughestbean posted:

Hoo boy that Larxene scene had some awful voice acting.

I actually really enjoyed Larxene's acting (that sort of theatrical way of speaking fits her, considering her personality), but I can see how some might think she's too hammy.

As for Axel...yeah, he did seem a bit monotone; but the somewhat stilted dialogue, the vacant facial expressions, and lip flaps really weren't helping him much.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Are any of the robe wearing villains going to be talking animals?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

White Coke posted:

Are any of the robe wearing villains going to be talking animals?

the real talking animal all along was... man

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I guarantee someone has drawn Phil wearing that black robe

White Coke
May 29, 2015

FutureFriend posted:

the real talking animal all along was... man

Will they be non-anime men?

Killer Emcee
May 19, 2010

"Looks like your angel has misplaced her halo."
Gawrsh, Sora, your memories are pretty hosed up!

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

its time to go to a real clown car of a world

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

KH Re:CoM puts the lie to the old saying that you can't bullshit a bullshitter.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Related videos for this LP are on point.

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.
In this episode, we learn that Gas-lighting royalty is a perfectly valid way to get out of trouble.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

More and more... I find myself getting...less and less down with the voice...acting.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Of course! The cure for Alzheimers is dementia.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Devdisigdu posted:

In this episode, we learn that Gas-lighting royalty is a perfectly valid way to get out of trouble.

It's the Queen of Hearts.
Gas-lighting royals is not fine, gas-lighting her is perfectly fine.

E: a guillotine would be the best solution :france: but I don't think it's in the cards here

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Only via papercut.

Hey futurefriend, are you using a keycard to open the doors?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Y'know, I'm not entirely sure that remembering "I had a friend when I was young!" is worth losing memories of the time you saved the multiverse from Billy Zane

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
"Remember that thing we fought in the jungle?"
"You mean the tarantula?"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Omobono posted:

Gas-lighting royals is not fine, gas-lighting her is perfectly fine.
gaslighting is almost always violence

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

More and more... I find myself getting...less and less down with the voice...acting.

i legit think quinton flynn as axel in this is a lot of fun, but the rest of the voice direction feels very stiff and kinda like they just didn't have enough budget and/or time to spend on making everyone ham up?

donald and goofy are always a blessing tho.

thetoughestbean posted:

Y'know, I'm not entirely sure that remembering "I had a friend when I was young!" is worth losing memories of the time you saved the multiverse from Billy Zane

the real dastardly memory loss conspiracy of castle oblivion is to make hollywood forget billy zane's blacklisting

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

i legit think quinton flynn as axel in this is a lot of fun, but the rest of the voice direction feels very stiff and kinda like they just didn't have enough budget and/or time to spend on making everyone ham up?

donald and goofy are always a blessing tho.

Yeah, it's weird. Goofy started talking and it stuck out to me in a 'Oh, he's saying things fast enough to sound like a regular person would talk like that' kinda way but it seems like Sora just keeps...pausing all the time.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Kingdom Hearts is a franchise that upon playing the 1st game I loved for how it intertwined Disney and FF style RPG in a simple yet effective way.

Now I just love it for how it wildly spun out of control in a way that not even the directors know where it's heading.

It's just the right amount of pretentious without going overboard with 4 hour cutscenes like, say, Xenosaga.

To it's drawbacks, I entered and finished High School around the time 2 came out, and I'm now about to finish college, and STILL they haven't finished KH3.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 26, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Hell, even by the end of KH1 things started to get convoluted plot-wise. The series gets ever more loony the further you stray from the "Final Fantasy mixed with Disney" premise and I'm not exactly sure why Square continued in that direction with subsequent releases. White Coke brought up a good idea by proposing making some of the black robe guys talking Disney animals instead of making them all anime boys and girls, but I doubt we'll see any of them.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

so this video is basicly where plot actually starts happening again after episode 2. we're nearly halfway done in this game :v

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 29, 2016

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'm glad you finally got the Zangetsu so that you can start playing the game the way it should be played.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
this game's plot reads like fanfiction good lord

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Looper posted:

It's worse than fanfiction.

Emcee's reactions have been golden though.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Looper posted:

This but like for all the Kingdom Hearts games.

0 summon/friend cards seem useless outside of stopping attacks. Like the 0 goofy card had a gigantic wind up letting the boss just throw anything out to counter it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Aladdin was a good ally and FutureFriend didn't show off Jack or Mooshoo, but yeah a lot of them seem useless.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

Aladdin was a good ally and FutureFriend didn't show off Jack or Mooshoo, but yeah a lot of them seem useless.

oh yeah, i cut some stuff out to not have videos run too long and i forgot that included not showing off Jack. yeah, jack's whole thing is that he's like donald and genie, just has a pool of spells he randomly picks from and fires like 2 of. spells he can pick from are either fire, blizzard, thunder or gravity.

mushu i'll never really be able to show off because its kind of around this point that every enemy starts having higher values on their card values then what you get from your first card of a type. and unfortunately i got poo poo rng this playthrough at the moogle shop and straight up never got any high value enough summon cards.

anyway, mushu just kinda fires a fireball. not really worth the effort.

e: all my posts explaining poo poo can be p much summed up as "this lp is bad. JUST LIKE THE GAME!"

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Dec 29, 2016

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

but what about dumbo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Looper posted:

I can't believe they didn't take advantage of the framing to make the bosses better. Like, good lord, the entire premise is that Sora's forgetting poo poo, why wouldn't you make Oogie Boogie's boss fight less of a pain in the rear end?

edit: Well, I mean, fun.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Dec 29, 2016

DrGraevling
Feb 5, 2014
Watching this I'm beginning to think that Tetsuya Nomura isn't actually an expert on memories and neuroscience. He seems to think that memories are stored in the heart rather than the brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

DrGraevling posted:

Watching this I'm beginning to think that Tetsuya Nomura isn't actually an expert on memories and neuroscience. He seems to think that memories are stored in the heart rather than the brain.

He probably got his course from the same place that Kojima got his course on genetics from.

• Locked thread