Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's not every day I walk away from a Stars win pissed, but Jesus Christ the stars did everything they could to lose that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Shinjobi posted:

It's not every day I walk away from a Stars win pissed, but Jesus Christ the stars did everything they could to lose that game.

Always a fun night when loving lethonen is probably your best player.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Just an unwatchable Dallas team out there. Easily the 2nd most unlikeable team in franchise history behind that 30 game stretch when Avery was with the club and he and Ott took turns being idiots and trying to one up eachother.

This team has no loving business finishing anywhere but the bottom of the standings this year. Rotten from the top of the roster to the bottom.

**They get dominated on home ice by the worst loving team in the league, and Colorado didn't even have 2 of their top 3 players.. Blake Comeau and 40 year old Jarome Iginla looked like twin prime years Mark Messiers out there.

Just disgraceful effort in front of the home fans. Nill needs to do something to shake up the coaching staff and the lineup because he's on the fast path to getting fired right now the way the team is playing.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 18, 2016

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Starsfan posted:

Just an unwatchable Dallas team out there. Easily the 2nd most unlikeable team in franchise history behind that 30 game stretch when Avery was with the club and he and Ott took turns being idiots and trying to one up eachother.

This team has no loving business finishing anywhere but the bottom of the standings this year. Rotten from the top of the roster to the bottom.

how is the roster fundamentally different from last season? (Serious question, I don't watch the Stars)

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

I have hope that once the injuries cool down they could have a good back half. Maybe. Hopefully. Probably not.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

JawKnee posted:

how is the roster fundamentally different from last season? (Serious question, I don't watch the Stars)

Everyone ded

E: ton of injuries, can't do poo poo in OT, very suspect D, poo poo goaltending (no poo poo), and just general gwoing pains with a bunch of unknowns filling I'm the gaps for the like 10 regulars that are out.

They still want to run and gun but a lot of the gun ain't there.

On the plus side, goligoski looks like crap in Arizona.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 18, 2016

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
all devante smith-pelly does is score

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

:toot: :woop: Dorsett is injured :woop: :toot:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

wow, Hanzal could definitely have netted that

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

:lol: Markstrom

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

penalty, goal, getting injured is the brad richardson hat trick

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

ouch

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i dont know what the gently caress happened there unless he broke his back from fatso pushing him into the ice

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
that was a loving blast

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

hifi posted:

i dont know what the gently caress happened there unless he broke his back from fatso pushing him into the ice

stick to the face I think? Might be an eye thing...

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the devils getting offensive contributions from their defense is so weird

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

JawKnee posted:

The biggest thing is they let their 2 of their 3 best defenceman walk (Alex Goligoski, Jason Demers) and didn't effectively replace either of them. John Klingberg has turned to complete poo poo without Goligoski babysitting him.. looks like loving Bambi out there, falling down at the slightest brush and getting his ankles broken 2 or 3 times a shift.

On forward they lost several key depth players in Vern Fiddler, Colton Sceviour, and Val Nichushkin to UFA / Russia. They figured on replacing them all internally but then 6 of their top 9 forwards got hurt (and have been hurt for the majority / all of the season) so that hasn't gone so well either.

Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin are also working their way back from offseason double hip surgery and a broken foot in the stupid world cup tournament (respectively) and they haven't looked good either.

Basically Dallas goes into every game this year as the more injured club, with less talent, god awful defensive zone structure and special teams, and a goaltender who could collapse at any moment.

EVERYTHING IS hosed

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
lol if they disallow that, that was well behind him before Palmieri made any contact

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
blatant loving interference on Zajac on the forecheck way worse than what they called Bennett for

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Holy god is this team terrible.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

maybe he dislocated his knee? i have no clue and they have like 3 doctors and both training staffs out there

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

hifi posted:

maybe he dislocated his knee? i have no clue and they have like 3 doctors and both training staffs out there

:shrug: just showed a close up of his face and his eyes and face are fine... must be

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

they are treating that right leg very gingerly indeed

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I have to apologize on behalf of the Dallas Stars who could have (with the proper result tonight) achieved a 6-6-6 record.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
top-4 defenseman

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

remember Backhand Burrows? :sigh:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Coyotes I Am Disappoint

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lmao nice home run

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Is Eriksson ever going to do a loving thing or can I finally drop him in fantasy he doesn't even get shots

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Is Eriksson ever going to do a loving thing or can I finally drop him in fantasy he doesn't even get shots

He is bad

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
ugh that's such a win with Hall or Cammalleri, the Ducks look awful

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

gently caress you Yotes, why do you refuse to surrender your poo poo throne to the rightful rulers?!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

theres another 00:00 worth of not leading a game for the canucks

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

hifi posted:

theres another 00:00 worth of not leading a game for the canucks

nice

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lmao domingue almost pulled a mike smith there