Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile 1, Dark 0
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: High

"Why Ms. Blaine, it's you of course." I lean forward and kiss her on the lips.

Giving self

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hot -1 | Cold 2 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Ménage à trois.

A moan of pain catches my attention as I work my way back up towards my two lovers' upper bodies. I can hardly believe my eyes. Carmilla's teeth are sunk deep into Sam's chest, a slight trickle of blood escaping down the side. My mouth works soundlessly. It is surreal. I almost find myself pulling the two apart, but Sam looks so... happy. Overwhelmed with the pleasure. It was like this was all she had ever wanted. I watch the two for a moment, becoming increasingly convinced that I was missing out on something. It was making me a little jealous. I didn't know what was going on, but I wanted in on it!

I laid myself on top of Carmilla, my chest rubbing on her bare back as I nipped lovingly at her neck. I purred, "What's going on Carmilla? You're playing awful rough. Mm, share the love you two."

Ghost Sex Move posted:

@Carmilla (godfish) Your question is "Why are you drinking Sam's blood?" :v:
@Sam (Hugzilla) Your question is "What can I do to make you happy?"

Tricky fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 25, 2016

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 2/5 | Conditions: Exhausted | Location: Secluded Log Cabin

I'm not sure what I was expecting but she kisses me and I kind of stumble backwards onto the floor with her and...

It's a good thing the cabin is isolated. At one point I may have howled.

When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1 --- Experience: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Loser

Ahhh, no- if she'd struggled, fought, I could have stopped, I think... But instead she's... enjoying it? That's worse, so much worse, I can't bring myself to stop when she's like this, not until I feel a nip at my neck, and I practically jump, and finally am able to pull my teeth out, stopping the draining - but Sam... she looks so pale, I took too much! I gasp, backing away, looking down at her with a horrified look on my face, then at Sera. "I- oh no... oh no... I didn't mean to - I couldn't stop myself!" I flick my eyes between them, panicking. But Sera is asking a question, and I need to answer... "I... I'm... I'm a vampire. I didn't want to, I tried to hold back, but I couldn't! It was too much, the two of you... I couldn't stop myself!"

I gulp, backing away further, and look at the ground. "I-I'll go... I'm sure you two want that... right?"

Sera, do you want me to leave?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 3/5 Conditions:

I give a loud gasp when Carmilla pulls her teeth out of my flesh, like my body has finally remembered how to breath. The pleasure- it was almost too much, I didn't even notice I was drooling until now. I'm... exhausted. Whatever Carmilla did has left me (literally) drained, but... not in a bad way? I almost want to tell her to keep going, but I doubt my body can take anymore of it. Besides, Sera looks like she wants to experience the same pleasure as I did, and it would be selfish of me to not share.

Why is she backing off? She looks so nervous. It's not like she did anything wrong. Wait, what did she say? She's a- Oh, is that all? I give a small, tired laugh at Carmilla's sudden reveal, "Oh, Carmilla," I extend out my arm out to her, and run my fingers slowly across her cheek, "If only you knew." I turn my head to Sera, and smile at her. I don't think she'd mind letting our new love know about her secret. "Sera over there? She's a ghost. I know, it's hard to believe that someone with a body as stunning as hers can be dead, but it's the truth," I wink at Sera, "She can fly, walk through walls, and look incredibly sexy in just about anything," I laugh again. For a brief moment, the smile on my face goes away, and there is a look of worry on my face as I remembered how Sera died, and how I'm partially responsible for it. It was just for a moment, and I hope Sera did not catch the change in expression.

I force my tired body up, and bring my arms around my lovers, pulling all three of us closer together, "And I - we, don't want you to leave. Today has been- it's been more than I could ever imagine. You both reminded me what it was like to be happy, to be whole again. I've been miserable for so long. So very very long." I pull them in closer, until our faces are an inch apart from each other, "I-I-I want this. I want this- whatever this amazing feeling is, to last forever. I never want it to end. You both- you b-b-both," I start to choke up, as tears slowly start to fall from my eyes, "You both make me so happy."

My question: Do you blame me for your death?

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Nov 25, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Ménage à trois.

Carmilla is a vampire? For a brief moment my mind spins as the various clues and hints come together. The dusty dresser, the hint of age on her makeup in the bathroom, and the look of hunger she was giving me earlier. That... actually makes a lot of sense. I never did see her in a mirror while we were the bathroom or when were driving to my house. I mean, hell, I'm a ghost. Why not vampires? As Sam chips in about my being a ghost, I grin. It's time to prove it. I sink down through the ground below us, then pop back up through the floor behind Carmilla. My arms wrap around her and Sam wraps her arms around the two of us.

I continue working at Carmilla's neck, pausing briefly to add, "Carmilla, I don't want you to leave. Not at all. Call me crazy, call this whole town crazy, but I want this. I want us -- together." I slowly and sensually work her around so she's facing me, then trace a path down from my mouth to my chest. "I think Sam's given enough blood for one day, but I'm ready to give it a try. Why don't you see if you can taste the difference~?" I give her a saucy wink.

As I wait for Carmilla to make her choice, my eyes meet Sam. She looks so sad sometimes, even when she's happy. Especially when. My mouth meets hers as I try to put all of my feelings into a kiss. It's a drat good kiss, if I say so myself. After a moment, I figure that I should probably answer with words as well, "Sam... I know you think that I died because you told me about what happened to you. It's not your fault. I would have stumbled onto it sooner or later. And... It's not like I was that happy before. These last few months have been the best of my-" I stop. Can I say life? Do I need to make a ghost pun now? I shake those thoughts away and continue. "-life. I mean, before this I had never been with anyone. Not like last night, not like today. Never felt anything like this. You and Carmilla, this, it's all made it more than worth it. I know I still have trouble with it, the memories, but you two help out so much."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1 --- Experience: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Loser

I - this doesn't make any sense! They should be panicking, freaking out, cursing me or giving me frightened looks, trying to ward me off with crosses or something... right? But they aren't, they're looking at me the same as before. I feel Sam's fingers stroking my cheek and I shiver, putting a hand up to cover them, holding them there. "a... ghost?" I look at Sera, staring, in confusion. A ghost? That... is this a joke? This entire exchange has left me far took shaken, out of my usual calm core, so much so that when Sera pops into and out of floor to hug me, us, I actually let out a small yelp of surprise.

It shouldn't really surprise me that ghosts are real, since I'm a vampire, but it still does. And she has a body! Very definitely so - and it's alive, I could feel her blood, how can she be a ghost? Maybe - maybe I'm thinking too hard about this, when Sam is holding me tight and Sera is kissing my neck, offering me her own blood to drink, acting like it's sexy instead of monstrous- "but... it's dangerous- I'd be hurting you... it could kill you!" I try to protest them, their acceptance, but it's hard, and their words make it harder. Eventually, I give in. "We'll - I'll - have to be careful... I don't want to hurt you, either of you... but this once..." A small smile works its way across my lips, and I lean forward to sink my teeth into Sera's pale skin and drink deep, almost guzzling down her blood.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 2 Continued

Carmilla: You feed relentlessly heedlessly. For once you don't have to hide it. Don't have to deny what you are. What's it like having that freedom? And Sera's a ghost. Does she taste different from anyone else you've snacked upon and is that difference good or bad compared to a normal human?

Sera Carmilla bites into you. And you feel the agony and ecstasy of it. Far more intense than anything you've felt since you died. Far more intense than anything you felt while you were alive? And Carmilla knows what it's like to be a monster to not be human anymore... What it's like to be you. You feel almost alive with the possibilities. What do you do?

Sam: As you lay there utterly sated caught between pleasure and pain watching as Carmilla and Sera enjoy themselves. It's not quite as much fun as being involved yourself but still it's nice to have someone there for you isn't? And even better to have two someone's. Still as you lounge there watching them the house seems to go cold for just a moment. Sera and Carmilla don't seem to notice but you hear the sound of mocking laughter.... What do you do?

Sharona Wow that was...intense. Primal and fierce and are you going to have claw marks on your back the way she was clutching at you? It certainly feels that way. Clearly Mackenzie is very... active and very loud. What if someone heard you? I mean it's not likely to happen here but if you were to try it somewhere else, Who knows? Was it just a one off brought on by the fatigue and the hunger and the thrills? Or do you think there is something more there?

Mackenzie: Mmm, well that's certainly woke you up you feel more refreshed and ready to face the day than ever. remove Exhausted Sharona turns and you see her back where you appear to have clawed at her in the throes of passion. Oops. One part of you is embarrassed, but the other the wolf is triumphant it's marked her as yours. Do you apologize or do you just roll with it? As the two of you slowly and reluctantly dress what do you notice in the cabin that's out of place?

Tabitha: You(she) walks into the store, It always takes some adjusting at first the centre of gravity is wrong, and they look at the wrong things. Focus on the wrong ideas. You(she) hand over your(her) cash and try not to feel too frustrated with how the cashier ignores you. You set off back to the car where she's waiting. Sharona, dressed in that horrible old flannel shirt you've been meaning to get rid of. Still it looks good on her better than it does on you. You drive to the cabin secluded and alone. Your heart pounding with nervousness as the two of you stalk in she leans into kiss you and all your doubts melt away and you embrace.

The pencil snaps in half with a loud crunch. For a long confusing moment you wonder where she's gone your impossible lover. Then you remember where you are, who you are. Tabitha right? Is it always this confusing when you uhh "ride along with people" like that? So that's what happens when people are alone with Sharona. How do you feel right now? What's your next move?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 2/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Ménage à trois.

At first the feeling of her fangs piercing my flesh burns, but then the pain fades into cool waves of pleasure that leave my mind spinning. Oh. Oh. How could I resist this feeling? One hand pulls Carmilla closer into my body, the other intertwines with Sam's hand and squeezes it tightly. I feel myself moaning with pleasure as Carmilla drinks her fill. My vision starts to waver, but I don't ask her to stop. I can't ask her to stop.

It's comforting, in a way, knowing that I'm not the only one with a secret. Not the only one that's... different. Sam is wonderful. She's lost so much, experienced so much pain, but she's still alive. Still human. The moment when Carmilla revealed her secret to us, I could feel a weight lifting from me that I hadn't realized I was carrying. Sam helps me so much. Keeps me... me. Now I know I need Carmilla too. Someone who knows what it's like to be something else. Something more than human, something less than human.

I see wisps of smoke creeping into the room again. Are there other spirits in my house? What are they trying to tell me? Is there something wrong? I need to focus, to hear what they want, but it's so hard when Carmilla's fangs in my flesh feel so good.

quote:

[16:45:51] <Tricky> Sera Gazes into the Abyss
[16:45:54] <Tricky> !r 2d6+1
[16:45:56] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 4+1 =

Tricky fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 27, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot -1 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 2
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5 Conditions:

poo poo. Ugh. I hold my head and just kind of slump into a fetal position. There usually isn't such a hang over. Must be an overload of the senses or something. Not sure I wanted to sit through what was about to happen anyway. Would have been too weird. Speaking of, it was like Sharona was staring at me. Between that and all the other things bouncing around my head from that I broke out into a sweat. And I was trying to dry off from all of this. Ugh I need to blow off some steam now. Take my mind off what I saw. I can't get distracted from assessing Sharona as a threat.

I walk deeper into the forest. I think there's a creek need here and I need a cold shower. Finding it isn't too hard, whole lotta of it to find after all. I splash the water on my face and take a deep breath. Guess I'll head back to school? Home is out of the question. Everyone I know is probably busy. gently caress.

Sharona gets a string

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I grab hold of Sera's hand, and squeeze just as tight back, and smile at her. At them. I'm so happy they're enjoying each other. I'd join in if I could, but, well... I'm exhausted. My body aches with pain, but... it's the good kind of pain? It's the type of pain that reminds me that I'm still alive, I'm still here, and I'm not alone. Not anymore. I have two, wonderful, special people in my life right now, and I can't ask for more. Sera has helped me with so much, much more than she can ever imagine. She's so kind, and understanding. And Carmilla, I've always looked at her from a distance. I knew she was special, I just never realized how special she truly was, and now she is ours, and we are hers. I feel... content. Maybe everything will be okay after all?

Hm. Did it get chilly in here? It wasn't this cold when we walked in. What... is this feeling? Why does it seem familiar? It almost feels like...

"...No." I say, under my breath, as I realize what this cold, oppressive feeling reminds me of. It's that thing.

"NO!" I shriek, "NO! GO AWAY! LEAVE US ALONE!" I cover my ears, in an attempt to drown out the laughter. "GO AWAY!!!"

No matter how much I plead or beg, the laughter doesn't stop. Please, just... leave me alone. Why can't you... why can't you just let me be happy? What did I do to deserve this? Why me? Why me?

My body is shaking uncontrollably. I hold onto myself, in an attempt to stop myself from trembling. It doesn't work. "We-we have to... we need to leave, now! This place... this place isn't safe. It isn't safe! Run! W-w-we need to run! The car, back to the car, away from here!"

My eyes dart around nervously. We need to get out. Our before it comes. There has to be a way. There has too! I don't want to lose them! Please! I... I don't... I don't know what I'll do if... if...

quote:

11:44 AM <HugzillaPhone> sam's joining the gaze train
11:44 AM <Krysmbot> HugzillaPhone, 7+1 = 8

Trying to find a way out safely, or a way that'll protect us from whatever's coming.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Nov 27, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Loser

I don't know if it's because they'd both just had sex, or because I can taste their emotions towards me or something, but both Sam and Sera's blood has a sweet, almost heady taste I'd never had before in anyone else's blood, which just makes it that much harder to resist, not to take it all. As for difference between them, Sam's blood is richer, maybe a little thicker, and feels a little more filling, while Sera's is lighter, and with a slightly smokey nature to it. I couldn't pick one over the other if I had to. But really, what's far sweeter than either of their blood is this moment altogether, having two people who know who I am, what I am, and know what I need, and are willing, even happy, to give it to me. I didn't think I'd ever know that, not since I turned. I hug them both to me even tighter, never wanting our embrace to end.

Until Sam starts to yell - I almost jump out of my skin again, jerking my teeth out of Sera's skin too quickly, and look around wildly, confused. "What? What?!" What's she yelling about? What's she talking about?! "Me?" For a second I'm afraid that's what it is, she came to her senses and realized that I'm a monster, that I shouldn't be here, but... no that doesn't fit with the rest, something's here? Dangerous? I look around again, completely confused. "There's... nothing here Sam? It's just us?" I look at Sera, to see if she has any clearer idea of what's going on. Is there something here? Something I'm missing? I don't think so... but I've always found my senses, my everything really, work better when I've just drunk, and right now I have more fresh blood in me than I have since I was alive, if there's anything there to be sensed, I should be able to do it now. Blood - life, that'd be the easiest thing, I sniff deep at the air in the room, trying to smell every person, everything with blood that's been through here in the last minute, last hour, last day, last week, the scents of their blood should still be there, lingering.

[23:45:22] <GodFish> gaze into the abyss, Carmilla
[23:45:24] <GodFish> !r 2d6-1
[23:45:25] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 7-1 = 6
exp :V

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

As I get dressed, I think about what just happened. I didn't even know if Mackenzie was into me earlier. Now we just banged in a isolated cabin. Guess that's answered.

"Let's be a little more careful about scratching in the future, 'kay?" I take a cigarette and quickly light it. "Not that I mind, but it'd be kind of awkward if someone else saw it."

I inhale, hold it for a moment, and then grin with smoke drifting out my mouth. "Hell of a way to start the day though. Any more plans? Or do you just wanna chill here for a while?"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 2+1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Secluded Log Cabin

Oh man I really made a mess of her skin. It...looks pretty good though. Maybe it's just afterglow but I feel like we really have some kind of connection now.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I guess I got kinda caught up in the whole...moment. This was..."

I manage not to say something stupid like 'nice' or 'my first time with a girl'

"It was pretty crazy, huh?"

I still don't really have a clear idea of how I ended up having wild sex with a girl (am I gay now? I guess I must be?) on the floor of a government facility (well, a government shack, whatever) after ditching school with her. Is this a werewolf thing? Is she going to turn into one as well? Honestly I kind of hope so, it'd be nice to have someone to talk to about this stuff. I'm wandering around looking for wherever my belt ended up when I get a look at the map on the wall. It's not all that strange, but some of the pins are in areas that I know for a fact aren't federal land. I stare at it for a while, trying to will a pattern into existence:

Gaze Into The Abyss: 2d6-1 4, marking xp

But it's just some stupid pins on a board, whatever. I open a beer and take a swig - it's gotten a little warm but I feel like I need the fluids.

"Nah, no plans. Don't really feel like staying here all day. You wanna go down to the lake? Or...I dunno, just cruise around?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"Like for fishing? Or just to hang out in a boat? Either one works for me. Although I've never fished so you're gonna have to teach me if that's the case."

I start taking some of our supplies in hand. "Maybe we should have gotten a cooler for the beers. Then again, didn't think they'd be out for so long. Not that I'm complaining."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Secluded Log Cabin

"Uh...I mean, I guess we could go fishing. I think I have some stuff in the trunk."

I was more thinking just walking along the shore and talking about what just happened, but fishing could be fun too. I manage to pull my boots back on without falling over and bundle up pretty much everything we bought with us.

"We should probably get out of here before the FBI swoop in and take us to Gitmo for the mess we made."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 2 Continued

Carmilla: You reach out with all your inflamed senses but all you can smell all you can taste all you can feel is Sam and Sera they drive everything else away. Their scent is heavenly, their touch electric, their blood delicious.. You want them there embraced in your arms forever. gain the condition obsessed. You can't let them go. Can you?

Sera The fog rolls in again, but this time there are no voices, only the shadows of the past. You're alone . And the blood runs down your back red against your pale and cold skin, just like it did then. Are you doomed to repeat the same mistakes again and again? take the condition traumatized This time you hear what your attacker spoke as the knife came down. "A sacrifice is made." What do you do?

Sam: The voice the wonderful terrible voice echoes through you and you are reminded of the day your world ended. Somehow you know what it is. You always knew what it was. It was doom it was destiny. "The sacrifices were not properly performed. This is the time this is the place. Do what you need to do." None of this makes any sense it has to be done here and now.... so the answer is to be anywhere but here right now. Unfortunately Carmilla and Sera seem lost in their own little worlds what do you do to get them moving?

Sharona Well the day is looking up I guess. You're feeling more human than ever and you've got Mac there right next to you to enjoy it. Is it nice to have a partner in crime? Have you thought about telling her what you really are? What makes you think you she might even believe you?

Mackenzie: The map seems to be a map of the town. What it's doing here is a mystery, any tourist who did happen to wander this way wouldn't be interested in that right? And the pins just seem to be stuck in randomly. A warehouse by the docks there, a road out of town here, a house in the suburbs there and your school. Still whatever it is it can wait. You've got a hot girl on your arm and a fishing trip to plan. Do you even know where you could borrow a boat?

Tabitha: As you splash cool water on your face, you feel a little better a little bit more in control. A little bit more yourself. As you're drying off you here a voice nearby. The voice carries clearly on the wind. "I'm glad we got out, it's quiet out here there's no one around so we don't have to hide what we are anymore. I'm tired of lying to her you know of pretending I feel something for her. When it's not true." Wait is that Charlie's voice? His voice quivers and breaks. "I'm just glad you feel the same way about me." and then it's cut off. As you ease cautiously through the bushes you see him embracing someone. Another guy.... Wait wasn't he supposed to be going out with Caitlyn? Worse than that the two of them are between you and where you left your clothes. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Sacrifices? No! Nonononono! Not again. Don't take them away from me! I don't want to lose them. Haven't you taken enough from me?! We need to leave! We need to get out of here! Go someplace safe. Wait, where is safe? Is anyplace safe? Am I doomed to have them looming over me for the rest of my life? Am I doomed to a life of despair and sadness? No, no, there's still a chance. There has to be one. We just... need to be anywhere but here now. I need to convince my lovers that we need to leave, but how? Carmilla... doesn't believe me, and Sera- oh God! Sera! That look on her face! She looks-she looks just like then, like she did back in class, when she was crying. I need to- I need to reach out to them.

I grab hold of their hands, "P-p-please! J-j-just, humor me, o-o-okay?" I squeeze their hands tight, fearing that I'll lose them both if I let go, "We- we n-n-need to leave. G-g-grab our clothes, and r-r-run. It-it isn't s-s-s-safe here anymore. We can go! Anywhere else! It doesn't have to be here anymore! Please, please, please, please," I look at them both, with tears flowing down my pleading eyes, "Please just believe me! I'm not crazy! I'm not... I'm not crazy....! Please... believe....me...!"

Offering them both XP to get out of the house and be anywhere else but here.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Aw poo poo. Aw poo poo! Why is someone here? Wait, gently caress is that? "Aw poo poo." I clasp a hand over my mouth. Hot drat is Charlie into dudes? God maybe there is something in the water turning the freakin frogs gay. I guess that's one way to relieve the social security burden. poo poo why am I worried about that? I need to get out of here. And my clothes are hung up over there. poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo. Did they already see them? Probably not... They aren't acting like it. Must have like been blocked by foliage or some poo poo. I'll find them because I know what to look for. Yeah.

Christ I hope they didn't fall in a bush or some poo poo. That's be my loving luck.

Well standing behind this tree thinking about it isn't making it better. I just need to go. ... gently caress! Okay, come on. This is simple. They're distracted. I just gotta focus and not be distracted myself. That last part should be the easiest. Okay so just go... Go!

With a deep breath I push myself forward. I crawl along the ground. It sucks but whatever. There's enough flora that I'm able to circle around with no trouble. I just block those two out of my mind the whole time. I'm going to slow down if I think about the and that'll make things worse. And I don't want to hear where that's going anyway so all the more reason. With my mind focused I reach my prize in what feels like now time. I'm so relieved I just stand up and snatch everything from the branch to get this over with.

Keep Cool 8. Don't know if I need to do this, but want it ready if I do so things go faster, just ignore it if I don't.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 3/5 | Conditions: Traumatized | Location: The right place, the wrong time

Accepting XP.

It takes a bit of time before I'm back in the present. The visions shake me. Alone. Always alone. The blood and death and fear come when I'm alone. It may be too late for me. I know that. I'm dead, even if I forget sometimes. When I'm with them. But if I can keep Carmilla and Sam from being alone, they won't get hurt. Won't get killed. Like I was. If I can at least save them, then all this was worth it. If we can solve this? Stop the murders for good? That'd make it more than worthwhile.

I shake my head and try to keep it together, even as I seek to process everything that just happened. I hold tightly onto Sam's hand. She's right. We need to get out of here. I'll need to stay with someone tonight. Not here. Not alone. I push all of the negativity down, lock it away, and put on my game face. I'd teach them to sacrifice me. Try to sacrifice my friends. Clothes. Our clothes are still completely drenched. It's drat cold out there and dying to hypothermia isn't much better. Real rock and a hard place. If Sam or Carmilla want to change, they'll need to raid my closet. I hook a thumb towards my closet, "I believe you, Sam. I always will. Grab something dry. I... have a feeling about this. Nothing will happen if we stay together. Not yet, but we do need to hurry."

Leading by example, I quickly don a t-shirt from some no-name local band, a hoodie, and some jeans. Not high fashion, but it's a drat sight better than my soaked clothes. I start tossing a few changes of clothes into a ratty backpack. I don't know how long the house will be dangerous. I'll need to be prepared to say goodbye for a while. Days, at least. What's a good place? The woods? No, too creepy. Carmilla's family seems like they'd flip out if we crashed in uninvited. Maybe the Ditchdale Herald? Might be a good spot. I can introduce them to my research into the disappearances.

quote:

[18:35:42] <Tricky> Sera keeps her cool
[18:35:44] <Tricky> !r 2d6+2
[18:35:45] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 7+2 =

Sera is either unnoticed, underestimated, or seems confident and imposing to The Entity.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Secluded Log Cabin

Depends on what you mean by 'borrow' and 'boat'. I can use the fishing boat at the Lodge - we don't have any customers at the moment and I think Dad said he was scouting for some hunters who are coming up from NYC in a few days, so he's not going to notice if we take it for a spin. Provided I refuel it, it doesn't get damaged, we get back before he does, etc. It might be easier to use one of the canoes, but then I'd have to row. Eh, figure it out when I get there.

This is kind of weird for a first date. If that's even what's happening here. I look over at Sharona and just...stare for a second. Why is she here with me? I'm not upset or anything (far from it) but I have to wonder...forget it. Life's hard enough without asking stupid questions about the good stuff.

"Hey, you ready to go?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1 --- Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Loser, Obsessed

There's nothing here, just Sam and Sera, my sweet flowers, their warmth, their scent. I pull them closer, and nuzzle against Sam's neck. She seems... terrified. Like she's about to break down, over... nothing. But she's so scared, I should go along with her, if it'll make her feel better. "okay, we'll go... relax Sam, we'll get out of it, and it'll be fine..." I whisper soothing words in her ear, kissing it lightly between words, then reluctantly let go. I don't want to be away from her or Sera, but if we're leaving, I really need to put some clothes on.

Trailing over to the closet after Sera, I dress rather unenthusiastically in some of her clothes - it isn't really my style, though it works well for her - and take her arm this time, pulling her up to me, not kissing this time, but just holding her close. I can feel her blood, her's and Sam's flowing through me, keeping my body warmer than usual, and with so much of it I can feel their blood running through them, it makes me want to be close, stay close. They're sharing their life with me, literally.

Taking that EXP, hitting 5 and spending it on Marked for the Hunt.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 4/5 | Conditions: Traumatized | Location: The right place, the wrong time

Carmilla pulls me into a tight embrace. I melt into her for a moment, remembering the sheer bliss that flowed through me when she was sucking my blood. She looks a little goofy wearing my clothes -- we're not exactly dressing in the same genre, after all -- but it's charming. The moment seems to last forever, our hearts beating together. I kiss her cheek shyly, then toss a few more things in my backpack. I hoist it on my shoulder and look at Carmilla and Sam, "Alright, everyone ready? Let's get out of here."

quote:

[15:47:34] <Tricky> Sera Turns On Carmilla
[15:47:36] <Tricky> !r 2d6-1
[15:47:39] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 3-1 =

The streak comes to an end, but +XP!

I take hold of Sam's hand and weave my fingers between hers. I won't let them get her. Not her, not Carmilla.

Tempting Sam with an XP to make Sera her True Love again!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions:

An angel. That's what I see in front of me. My guardian angel. Sera is glowing so brightly, and I can't stop staring in awe at her. She's as frightened and as worried as I am, but she- she's fighting against her own fears, for us. To save us. And Carmilla, dear, sweet Carmilla. I can see in her eyes that she doesn't believe me, but she still tried to comfort me. Whatever fear I had in me is gone now.

I wipe away my tears, and put on whatever I could find in Sera's closet. Her clothes, uh, are a bit loose on me, and they don't really fit me very well, but I can't complain too much. I throw my arms around her neck, and pull her in for a deep kiss. I put all my emotions and love into this one kiss, to show her how much she means to me right now, how thankful I am for her. After our lips break away from each other, I look at her, with tender eyes, and say, "Thank you, my angel," and kiss her again.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Sam turns on Sera
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 8+3 = 11

taking a string
self/promise/awkward

I reluctantly break away from our embrace, and hold on tight to her, and Carmilla's, hands, preparing myself to follow her lead. I know, no matter what happens, I can survive this, as long as I have my two guardian angels with me.

Accepting the XP! Sera is my lover again!
I also get XP for Down the Rabbit Hole, and Carmilla gains a string on me.
I advanced, so I'm taking Mess With Me, With With Her

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1 --- Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Loser, Obsessed

So we're all dressed up -or down- in some of Sera's spare clothes, standing here holding hands and looking lovingly at each other, which is great, but uh, weren't we going somewhere because of... something..? After enjoying the moment for a ...moment... I cough. "So... Sera's car?" I still have no idea whats going on here, at all.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 4/5 | Conditions: Traumatized | Location: The Car

Oh man. Sam looks adorable. It's that look like she's wearing her boyfriend's clothes, but, you know, they're mine. I'd have spent a bit longer appreciating the sight, but she cleverly distracted me with a kiss. The kiss? Perfect. It reminds me of the nights she spent listening to my stories, telling me hers, and finally...

I snap my fingers as Carmilla's words snap me back to the present, "Right, yes, my car! Let's head downtown." If we go to the Herald, we should be safe. It's been my refuge before, even when this house hasn't. Plus I have my awesome detective setup there. Pins and strings and pictures and everything! Carmilla looks a little confused, which is to be expected, so we need to get her up to speed on the crazy happenings in towns. The disappearances. The patterns. The Vortex Society. I lead the two back down through the house and back into the cold. The chill sinks into my flesh immediately, but it's certainly a fair sight better now that I'm not sopping wet.

While we walk, all I can think about are Sam's lips against mine, our hands tracing over each others body, my... Mmm. Yeah, I don't think I'm up for driving. Not this time. I toss Carmilla the keys and wink, "You've got a license, right? We just need to head back out to the main street and turn right. The Herald isn't too far." I definitely think it's my turn to give Sam a little attention in the back seat.

Giving myself to Sam.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 1, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 2 Continued

Carmilla Can you believe those two? You all just got done a few minutes ago and now they're at it again. Where do they even find the energy? Still you better keep your eyes on the road and not on the distracting activities in the back seat. Or else someone might get hurt. You're still none the wiser about what's so important for you to get away from but hey might as well humour them right? Still your family used to own the Herald right? Why did they end up shutting it down do you know?

Sera The fog vanishes as quickly as it came. You might almost think you were hallucinating it but it felt so real. So your death meant something to someone or some thing anyway. Does that make you feel better or worse knowing that you weren't just the victim of a random stabbing? How does that affect your research assuming you can tear yourself away from Sam's enthusiasm to think about it for long enough?

Sam Wow those clothes really don't fit you at all do they? and they're certainly not your style. Still I suppose they're better than nothing right? Sera embraces you as the two of you climb into the back of her car and all thoughts of whatever that thing was that spoke to you are driven from your mind. What do you do to take advantage of this opportunity?

Mackenzie The two of you head out towards your car. Are you sure it's a good idea to drive when you've had a few? I mean it's not like a car crash would do more than mildly inconvenience you right but Sharona might get hurt I suppose? Still it's your life I guess and odds are the cops won't be paying attention anyway. Have you been in trouble with the law before? You seem like the type.

Tabitha You sneak through the bushes like a pro. Are you sure you're not a ninja instead of a witch. Although I suppose you could be both I guess. Still as you pull your clothes on you feel the weight of your cellphone in your pocket. It's got a camera right? If you were so inclined you could take a picture of Jonas and his boyfriend right? Would you be up for a spot of blackmail like that or are some things beyond the pale for you?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Okay. Thank the goddess. I thought I was cool with this sort of thing but it really is a world of difference between my sisters and some dudes. Ugh I think I'm all sweaty again. I glance over to make sure they didn't see me, aw gently caress gross. Still. Another pair of people that gotta gently caress in the woods. I kind of feel for him. And he's got higher expectations of being normal than me. Maybe all of us. And he's got that bitch all over his dick and he's not even into her. Maybe I could do him a solid about that. Us queer folk got to stick together. I guess.

Not like I got better ideas for what to do with my time. As I walk back to school I chant to invoke the wisdom of the Goddess. Now female bonding, that's her wheel house. Should be some good rear end divine wisdom there. I'll take some of the heat off Charlie. And I get to gently caress with the future prom queen. Hell I'll do that pro bono.

Gaze 9. How do I direct Caitlyn's attention to myself?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4+1/5 | Conditions: High

As we ride to the lake in the car, I look outside. I might now know that Mackenzie is into me as well, but just how much can I tell her? I think to myself about her, what she might accept. Kind of a difference between "I feel more alive around you" and "Actually I'm dead." She's focusing on driving. I'm focusing on this.

[03:06] <Heliotrope> Gaze Into The Abyss
[03:06] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6
[03:06] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 2 = 2
[i]Marking XP and taking Esprit de Corpse

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 3, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Yup. Car too." It's at school though. I catch the keys and head to the driver's seat. As I pull away, I glance back in the mirror at the two of them. How do they still have energy after what happened, and me drinking all that blood? "Hey, try to keep it on the downlow you two, okay? People can see us in the car, so at least like... lay down, yeah?" We're trying to avoid attention, and having two girls getting it on in the backseat as we drive into the center of town is kiiiiind of counter to that.

The Herald... Well, they say they shut it down because the writers were promoting a lifestyle not in agreement with their values (aka said gay people were alright, poor people weren't evil, immigrants didn't want to kill us, etc), but I'm preeeeetty sure it was actually because the paper was bleeding money fast, and they couldn't afford it. Because the writers definitely just printed whatever the family told them too, since they owned it. But print is dead, and has been for years, and especially in a small town like this, it's not like anyone from New York is going to buy it. My family ships the New York Times out here and collects the (small) profit they make on reselling it. And that paper is a lot more liberal than the Herald could have gotten.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: On the road again

Actually I have no idea what would happen in a crash, at least to me. I mean, it's not like I experiment with being hit by cars or shooting myself. Closest thing would be when I'm changed and running through the woods and I feel ~invincible~ but even then if I do something dumb I'll be scratched and bruised the next day. Maybe it has to be silver that kills me but frankly I'm not going to go out of my way to find out. I figure Sharona would definitely get all messed up if we crashed, and so it's a good thing I'm fine to drive after a couple beers. Hollow legs and all that.

And what the hell do you mean I 'seem like the type' to have trouble with the law? I've never been arrested or even questioned for anything, and my worst crime is buying beer underage. And I guess trespassing. And probably hunting out of season as a werewolf but come on, who the hell is going to pull me up on that? A game warden, or animal control? I'm as close to an honest citizen as you'll find around Ditchdale. Sort of.

I put my foot down on the accelerator when we hit a nice stretch of road and turn to check out Sharona. She's all lost in thought (or maybe the wind is colder for her than me?) but yeah, still hot. Man, I got to stop overthinking today and just go with the flow.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Sera's clothes are... um, well they're not really my style, I guess? Not like I mind wearing them, but, um, it'd be nice if they actually fit me. It's a little embarrassing going out with clothes that barely fit you, but I guess it's better than running out with nothing on, and Sera seems to really like it, so it can't be all that bad?

We embrace each other as soon as we enter the back seat, and for that one, brief, wonderful moment, all my worries and my fears are gone. The shadows, the voices, the darkness, none of that matters. All that matters... is us. Together. I wanted this moment to last forever, and never let go.

...But is now really the time for this?

We barely escaped from... whatever it was with our lives, and Carmilla... she has no idea what's going on. Is it really fair to involve her in this, when she's confused and lost? It doesn't feel right. What if she gets hurt, because of us?

I put my hands on Sera's chest, and gently (and reluctantly), push her away from me. "S-s-sorry. I... I d-d-don't know if we s-s-should b-be d-d-doing this now. We... should t-t-tell Carmilla, about w-w-what's h-h-happening. S-see if she wants to... stay with us." I rest my head on Sera's chest. "...S-s-sorry for ruining the moment..."

I never realized how tired I was until now. I feel myself slowly drifting away, and barely able to keep my eyes open. "I'm...going to r-rest for a bit b-b-before we g-get there." I huddle up closer to Sera. I don't think she'd mind me using her body as a pillow. As long as I'm near her, the nightmares won't get to me. I close my eyes, and drift asleep, and hope that I don't dream about the shadows again.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Sam's gazing into the abyss
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 11+1 = 12

Gazing into the nature of the shadows and the voices. What are they trying to accomplish?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'm a little disappointed when Sam pushes me away, even though I know she doesn't mean it like that. I just wanted to be in the moment, escape from dwelling on my death. I guess, in the end, it's always going to be there. That sad moment. Bleeding out alone. This whole back-seat thing seemed to work out much better for Carmilla and Sam. Or, you know, it sounded like it did. Well, I guess it's okay. There is a lot to do. A lot to explain. It works a little bit better with visuals, though, so I'm planning on waiting. I mean, yeah, sure, the fact that she's a vampire and I'm a ghost will probably help cut through some of the disbelief, but it'll be a tough sell regardless.

I hold Sam close, looking out the window as we drive. We should be getting close to the Herald. I blow lightly on the glass and doodle a few odd shapes into the fog. I wonder what Mackenzie's deal is. She seemed really grumpy when I was snooping around the lodge. I mean, a little bit of B&E isn't that big of a deal, right? Not unless you have something to hide. Is she in with the Society? Is she a patsy? I'm not sure. Maybe we need to focus on her. Her and Sharona, I guess, since they seem to be close.

Wait, is my hand starting to go transparent? That's... unusual. I stop drawing and stuff it in my hoodie. I shouldn't worry these two. I don't want to make things weird. Just enjoy the moment, Sera. Live in the now. You can figure the hand out later.

quote:

[08:20:49] <Tricky> Sera Gazes into the Abyss
[08:20:51] <Tricky> !r 2d6+1
[08:20:53] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 7+1 =

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 3

Sera Your hand goes transparent, and the shapes you've drawn on the glass seem to move, you see Mackenzie walk. No prowl. No it's definitely a walk. How have you never noticed the way she moves. Everything controlled and careful. Like she's scared of someone. No like she's scared of herself. Scared of what she can do perhaps? Or scared of what she's already done. She's got secrets. Secrets she's not likely to share with you. Unless you make her. You could try breaking her but that might prove harder than you think. You could try seducing her. Or you could just be boring and try asking her. If she lies to you at least the lies might tell you something about what she's lying about. What do you do?

Sam You look into the darkness and the darkness looks back. It spared you once before, why? It took everything from you and it might do so again and again. Why does it hate you so. You've done nothing to deserve this have you. But maybe it's not just you it hates, look at yourself look at those around you. You cursed by your families death, Sera unable to move on after her death and Carmilla cursed by her need for blood. All of you punished and for what. Nothing. Unless it is not your punishment. But another's the whole town is being punished. For what? But the fact that it demanded of you a sacrifice suggests much. You hear the voice again "Clever girl. Give me my blood, my sacrifice. And I will spare you and those you care about. Fail and I will destroy all they have built" What do you do?

take +1 forward to sacrificing something. Or +1 forward to thwarting the sacrifice

Carmilla Yeah it'd be bad for you if the family found out about your little.... indiscretion. Still as long as you're careful you should be ok right? You pull up in the parking lot of the old abandoned newspaper building. It's been years since the last time you were here right? What's changed about it the most?

Mackenzie Sharona slumps silently in the seat next to you. Obviously not the most talkative type around is she? And I'm sorry for calling you a criminal before. I shouldn't make assumptions about you like that. Still you arrive at the lake pulling up near the jetty where the boats should be tied up. As you do your eyes drift to a familiar sight.... Oh poo poo that's your dads car isn't it? What the hell is he doing here? And how are you going to explain what Sharona is doing here with you? What do you do?

Sharona You look at Mackenzie driving assuredly and unselfconsciously. She's got everything figured out hasn't she. Not like you, She wouldn't understand even if you told her would she. She'd probably think you were crazy, Hell maybe you are crazy. Non-crazy people don't get run over by cars and then get back up again. As you pull into the parking lot by the lake you see Mackenzie glance at you then glance at the lake. She's already made her decision hasn't she? She's regretting this. She's regretting you. When you want her to worship you, when you want her to love you. What do you do?

the Abyss hungers for worship

Tabitha You feel your wet clothes cling to you as the damp seeps into your skin. For one glorious moment you feel connected with the rain, with the earth with the sky. You can feel it all. And you feel a connection to your sisters all your sisters because everyone is one of your sisters. Most importantly you feel a connection to her. She's furious, she's feeling betrayed he boyfriend has been stolen from her by another woman. Well she certainly has that wrong. She wants revenge, and if you give it to her. Well. You could have anything you want from her. Anything at all. Then you're back the rain trickling down your back, the smell of the damp earth. You're outside the school, where a crew of disgruntled fire-fighters are climbing back onto their truck. Stood disconsolately you spot Caitlyn looking around. Alone. What do you do?

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 5, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

God drat it and they're still not dry. Whatever. Looks like I can have some fun today. I got to take a moment to myself before I move in on Caitlyn, make sure I don't have a predatory glare. "Oh hey." I give a half hearted wave. God this might be the first time we've talked. "Thought you might have ditched with all the others. I was looking for Carmilla myself. You looking for someone, too?" I shrug. Carmilla was giving cover to him before right? She probably thinks it's her. And drat she does, the way her face contorted. She mumbles out a curt answer. Time to nudge a little further. "Oh? Yeah I guess he does like to make himself scarce huh? Well whatever. Who needs boys anyway? Bunch of clueless self absorbed jackasses." Whoa whoa I think we might have some water works here. I mumble loud enough for her to hear me, "Maybe he should be taught a lesson, if he's so inconsiderate..." I look away as I say it. I think I'm selling this all well enough.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: High

I see Mackenzie look at the lake and then at me. And then that sensation. I know it. It's like when I haven't done something crazy in a while. And now it's directed at her. And there goes my happiness.

Removing High since things are now not so great

gently caress. "This was a mistake wasn't it," I mutter to myself as Mackenzie starts parking the car. I get up and just. Jump out of the car. "Sorryhavetogobye," I say as I take off...anywhere else basically.

[21:34] <Heliotrope> Run Away
[21:34] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+1
[21:34] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 5+1 = 6
Spending a String to increase that to 7 and choosing to run into something worse

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" I woke up from my dream like I usually do; with a scream. Did the- did the shadows just... speak to me? Did it ask me to- oh no. Oh no no no no no, "Sera! Sera!" I grab hold of her shoulders, and look at her, my my face a pale white from fear, "I k-k-k-knnow! I k-k-k-k-kno-o-o-o-o-w why they're d-d-d-d-doing this! The town! The town is-is-is-is-is-is- it's being p-p-punished! And they... and they... and they...." I clung tightly to Sera, and held on, as tight as I can, hoping it would calm my panicked nerves, but I couldn't stop shaking, "They.... they... they... want... a s-s-s-sacrifice! They w-w-w-want b-b-b-blood. They want me to.... they want me to... they want me to.... I d-d-don't... I don't want to d-d-d-do that. Secret! We have to find the town's secret, and s-s-s-s-stop it! I... I don't... I don't want them... to take you, or Carmilla away from me. I.... I.... I..." I cling tighter to Sera, and bury my head in her chest, "I love you! I love you, and Carmilla, so much! I don't want to lose any of you!"

Yes, I love them, and I will do anything it takes, to stop the shadows from taking them away from me. Anything.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: On the road again

Aww what the gently caress, Dad! You were supposed to be out till tonight! Ugh, I guess we can still chill or take the canoe or...oh, poo poo. Nonononono don't run away!

"Sharona, wait!"

And she's out of sight like that. Girl's faster than she looks. Of course, she ran straight into the woods so I guess I can just...follow her? That distinctive perfume should make it easy enough to track her, so long as she doesn't fall in a stream or something. I sigh and massage my temples before getting out of the car. I just...she must have panicked when she saw the other car I guess? It doesn't seem like her to be having...second thoughts or whatever. I really hope that's not it.

gently caress.

Tracking her would be easier if the moon was out, but I've got to try.

spending a string to give Sharona the condition Babe in the Woods
Gaze Into The Abyss (Tracking Sharona): 2d6-1 6 tagging BitW to make it 7

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I stare at Sam for a few moments as I process what she's saying. It fits. It really does fit. I'm not sure where she came up with the idea but it would all make sense. I was sacrificed. I remembered that much. If the other disappearances were related... Were also sacrifices... But wait. It's too soon. It's not the equinox yet. Not time for the next. Unless -- they messed up when they killed me. Whatever they were sacrificing to -- The Vortex? Perhaps it's not just a symbol? -- might not be sated. I don't know. I need a source on the inside. Mackenzie's father, perhaps? I'm still pretty sure he's involved. Maybe Mackenzie is too. It might be one of those cults you get born into. I kiss Sam on the forehead and hold her close, "Sam, you're a genius!"

I pop my head up into the front seat, "Hey, Carmilla, when did your whole blood thing start?" Was it related? Could it be that messing up the sacrifices was causing things in town to get weird?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Aaagh!" I jump wildly at Sam's scream, almost swerving the car into lamp post I was starting to park next to in the old paper building's lot. Slamming my foot on the breaks - I end up parked over three fading white stripes, but I guess it doesn't really matter since no one uses this place - I turn around to look at the two of them, even more confused than ever, but now starting to get a bit alarmed. Sacrifice? A curse on the town? Once Sam's calmed down a little, and Sera asks her questions, I take a moment to rub my forehead, trying to piece it all together. So Sera thinks... there had to be sacrifices made to keep the town's curse at bay, and when they stopped things started going wrong, like me becoming a vampire? "Uh... I wasn't really counting, but it started when I really started hitting puberty. If you think getting a period is bad," I let out a small laugh, "imagine that AND needing to drink blood. Months ago, anyway." Looking between the two of them, I shrug slightly, not sure how helpful I'm being here. "I don't know about the town, but you two must have heard of the "Caballero family curse, right? Maybe it's connected?"

• Locked thread