Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
bring briles to Texas baby how come no school snatched him up yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

:unsmith:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Congrats to you too.

RIP Sexy Kliffy, you were too suave for this world.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
GT won despite only deciding start playing in the second half. The game was pretty rough considering the quality of our competition but in the end a two-touchdown win is solid.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

the mean lunch lady posted:

It's understandable if it's true that he was just learning how to pass protect. He also wasn't doing much the first few games, outside of the easy wins. I'm just glad they finally decided to start running the ball more.

I just automatically assume that they're idiots after several years of watching them try Ish Witter scatback horseshit

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I'm gonna be mildly annoyed Boise State sneaks into yet another top tier bowl despite not even being in their conference championship game this year. I didn't think Wyoming would beat SDSU, but now that they have, they're one win against New Mexico away from banishing Boise into some lame bowl, unless WMU fucks up, then I have no idea what happens.

Don't gently caress up, WMU.

edit:
it is entirely possible that the Group of 5 conference winners this year are an 8-4 Arkansas State that didn't win a single OOC game, a 10-3 Wyoming team, an 11-2 Toledo team (or god forbid, Ohio), 10-3 Temple, and whatever boring team comes out of the Conference USA. Boise State should thank their lucky loving stars if that happens.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 20, 2016

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Spintzel posted:

Texas should fire strong now just to get it over with

Yup.

There's no upside that I can think of to letting him stay. At least let your assistants get some different work and let the program start up interviews and negotiations etc so they can get ahead of recruiting.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Maxwells Demon posted:

Oregon won, somehow. Good for revenge on the 2015 Utah that started this whole landslide of failure, but bad in that it might let Helfrich keep his job.

I think it'll come down to the Civil War. A 5-7 season might save him. An 8-loss season capped off with a loss to OSU would hopefully be the final nail.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Texas confirmed to be a bad team for at least the next couple of years?

heck ya

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
And Strong is fired.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Thoguh posted:

And Strong is fired.

I assumed it would be before the weekend, but im not seeing it anywhere but on twitter

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm gonna be mildly annoyed Boise State sneaks into yet another top tier bowl despite not even being in their conference championship game this year. I didn't think Wyoming would beat SDSU, but now that they have, they're one win against New Mexico away from banishing Boise into some lame bowl, unless WMU fucks up, then I have no idea what happens.

Don't gently caress up, WMU.

edit:
it is entirely possible that the Group of 5 conference winners this year are an 8-4 Arkansas State that didn't win a single OOC game, a 10-3 Wyoming team, an 11-2 Toledo team (or god forbid, Ohio),

10-3 Temple, and whatever boring team comes out of the Conference USA. Boise State should thank their lucky loving stars if that happens.

I think the G5 autobid only applies to conference champs.

Thanks Wyoming

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Ehud posted:

I still can't believe the gators won lol

Same. Florida UglyBall™ was started by Muschamp and McElwain has carried the torch dutifully.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I think the G5 autobid only applies to conference champs.

Thanks Wyoming

There is a slight chance that San Diego State can get in, but they would need to lay two colossal, mindblowing blowouts on Colorado State and whoever comes out of the Mountain to jump Western.

HypnoCabbage fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 20, 2016

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I love college football so much.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Same. Florida UglyBall™ was started by Muschamp and McElwain has carried the torch dutifully.

Dump Nuss and recruit a QB and our offense could be pretty dangerous. Summers has been a magician with a decimated OL.

They were mauling LSU's front 7 today. Nuss was just too dumb to take advantage.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

AsInHowe posted:

I love college football so much.

Same.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

I assumed it would be before the weekend, but im not seeing it anywhere but on twitter

I can't find anything either, but he's a walking dead man. It's just a matter of time now.

I want nothing more than for Herman to turn down Texas just to see what the panic options are.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I wanna see Petrino leave for Texas, it would make college football great again

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Grittybeard posted:

I can't find anything either, but he's a walking dead man. It's just a matter of time now.

I want nothing more than for Herman to turn down Texas just to see what the panic options are.

do they have boats in Austin?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Drunk Canuck posted:

Texas confirmed to be a bad team for at least the next couple of years?

heck ya

They're really young. If they bring in Herman and he mostly keeps the recruiting together they've got a pretty good chance to get good quickly.

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I wanna see Petrino leave for Texas, it would make college football great again

he would destroy people there don't do this

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors posted:

Dump Nuss and recruit a QB and our offense could be pretty dangerous. Summers has been a magician with a decimated OL.

They were mauling LSU's front 7 today. Nuss was just too dumb to take advantage.

Trask and Franks were recruited by Mac last year. They'll both be sophomores next year and will compete for the starting job.

My prediction is that Franks wins the job, Trask transfers out, Franks stinks and Trask balls out for an ACC school.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I think Petrino would burn the world down at Texas. Can they afford his 50bn$ buyout?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I don't follow Ole Miss that much but why exactly have they turned back into a pumpkin after the last two years

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I don't follow Ole Miss that much but why exactly have they turned back into a pumpkin after the last two years

They lost a poo poo load of dudes to the NFL the last couple years and had a ton of injuries this season.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

I asked in the GDT and was told poor performance on defense, plus key injuries. Half the SEC is injured so I was more convinced at the poor defensive play story.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
It's awesome because Ole Miss could easily not make a bowl game this year but is also the only team that had a chance against Bama

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

It's awesome because Ole Miss could easily not make a bowl game this year but is also the only team that had a chance against Bama

Not so fast, my friend. Auburn and Florida each still have their shot at them. No, I don't like their odds.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

No one beats Kansas 24 times in a row

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

George H.W. oval office posted:

lol

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Swagger

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ladies and gentlemen it appears Iowa State has a football team.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I want this to be a callback to the shirts K State basketball printed about their losing streak to KU. If it isn't, they did something like this when they finally won at home.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Jastiger posted:

Ladies and gentlemen it appears Iowa State has a football team.

Don't oversell Tech's historically awful defense. They're the worst.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Grittybeard posted:

I want this to be a callback to the shirts K State basketball printed about their losing streak to KU. If it isn't, they did something like this when they finally won at home.

Vitas Gerulaitis, actually

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

MourningView posted:

They're really young. If they bring in Herman and he mostly keeps the recruiting together they've got a pretty good chance to get good quickly.

Please don't do this. Terribleness must be wished on always.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
This discussion is less about Iowa State winning a football game by 56 points than I would like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Thoguh posted:

This discussion is less about Iowa State winning a football game by 56 points than I would like.

Another end-of-season flourish by ISU. See also: spoiler win over Oklahoma State to keep them out of the NCG.

• Locked thread