Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Rutgers has always been hilariously poo poo. gently caress the big ten for taking them and not WVU. I hate the Big 12 so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/demetricdwarren/status/800077049285242880

owns

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

To be fair, there were a decent number of people at Rutgers until the weather turned awful, then everyone left.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Wondering what the modern era record for # of games shut out in a season is (Rutgers is at four)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That OSU/Michigan one is amazing

E: Artist's FB page for the curious. He does great work.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 20, 2016

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

DJExile posted:

That OSU/Michigan one is amazing

Only problem being that even with their piss easy schedules allowing them to haphazardly walk into GAME OF THE CENTURY they still both got dunked by teams they had no business losing to. Not sure how you could possible include that via illustration though. I just wanted to point out how I hate both teams and I'm super jealous my team will never get anywhere close to their level.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Pretty good day yesterday for the Big XII North.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

an adult beverage posted:

Jesus Christ what an abomination of a football program:

And to think ten years ago Rutgers was the darling of TFF

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Korranus posted:

And to think ten years ago Rutgers was the darling of TFF

and then came the enemies of Rutgers football

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Yeah p much. Dangit Sparty :argh:

That said I think Ohio State's gonna take this one.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

Wasn't there a creepy thing w/ estalking of Rutgers cheerleaders too?

What a strange time.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crotch Bat posted:

VT came back from 17 down on the road against ND and ended ND's chance at a bowl so that's cool.

Clemson clinched the Atlantic Division, but THIS... this right here is just as awesome. Go fuckin hokies.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Asproigerosis posted:

Only problem being that even with their piss easy schedules allowing them to haphazardly walk into GAME OF THE CENTURY they still both got dunked by teams they had no business losing to. Not sure how you could possible include that via illustration though. I just wanted to point out how I hate both teams and I'm super jealous my team will never get anywhere close to their level.

Uh Ohio State has played 3 top 10 teams on the road.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

kittenmittons posted:

Uh Ohio State has played 3 top 10 teams on the road.

those were in the big 10/12 and thus dont count

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i am really happy about the gators going to the SECCG but i will be ec-fuckin-static if they beat FSU. i think playing LSU is better tune up than playing some cupcake, but i could just be telling myself that.

i don't even wanna think about the SECCG yet. and i know mac is the "aww shucks enjoy it guys" type of coach, but i really hope he keeps them focused on next weekend.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

TBeats posted:

i am really happy about the gators going to the SECCG but i will be ec-fuckin-static if they beat FSU. i think playing LSU is better tune up than playing some cupcake, but i could just be telling myself that.

i don't even wanna think about the SECCG yet. and i know mac is the "aww shucks enjoy it guys" type of coach, but i really hope he keeps them focused on next weekend.

If you walked away injury free

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Crotch Bat posted:

If I remember the tweet about this they had a combined 382 yards in those 4 games and gave up roughly 2400.

According to some random poster on mgoblog, from those 4 games:

quote:

Outscored 224-0

Total first downs: 24 (1.5 per quarter)

Total yards: 391 (24 per quarter)

Total Punts: 47

Total Punt Yards: 1729

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

According to some random poster on mgoblog, from those 4 games:

:monocle:

That's some incredible futility

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Asproigerosis posted:

Rutgers has always been hilariously poo poo. gently caress the big ten for taking them and not WVU. I hate the Big 12 so much.

I don't think they ever even looked at WVU. I still wish they'd taken Mizzou although that's currently not looking like a huge step up.

Ehud posted:

Rutgers athletics, not just football. That post actually happened in the basketball thread (a sport Rutgers somehow manages to be even worse at)

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Clemson doesn't feel as good this year but the stats are incredibly similar to last years team while playing better opponents.

https://twitter.com/DavidHaleESPN/status/800348013692616704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

MourningView posted:

I don't think they ever even looked at WVU. I still wish they'd taken Mizzou although that's currently not looking like a huge step up.

Rutgers athletics, not just football. That post actually happened in the basketball thread (a sport Rutgers somehow manages to be even worse at)

Yeah I know for a fact they didn't even have WVU in discussion because the school is not very good in academics as well as sports. I just want the Big East back.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou outgained Tennessee in total yards 740 to 609 and still lost by nearly 4 TDs.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
When did the SEC East become the Big12?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

MourningView posted:

Mizzou would beat the poo poo out of Rutgers

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
gently caress, I was going to try to go see the CU/Utah game next Saturday, but they're playing at the same time as the Clemson/SCar game :(

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Something posted this on the Penn State 247 board:

quote:

Rutgers was outscored 224-0 by OSU, UM, MSU, and PSU

In those same four games they were outgained 2,258 to 382

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Well UF fans!

I hope you all have a sporting good time next saturday!

8 PM ABC

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 20, 2016

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Roasted Donut posted:

congrats WVUY for not being the most recent team to have goal posts ripped out by kansas

Did kansas rip out the texas posts? Were they visitors?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Oh hey yeah, it's rivalry week. gently caress a gamecock.

TIME TO MAKE THE DONUTS MOTHERFUCKER!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Duckaerobics posted:

Hey, there's no need to get ugly.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Duckaerobics posted:

The Big12 has some good QBs tho

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pillsburysoldier posted:

The Big12 has some good QBs tho

What, you're not impressed with Drew Lock, SEC yardage-leading QB?

I said it yesterday but the amazing thing is he'd be leading in yardage by about 500 more than he is without Missouri's stone handed receivers. And he still doesn't look good, the QB play in the SEC is ridiculous.

A big part of this is tempo, Lock leads the conference in attempts by about 80.

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

MourningView posted:

If you can't turn it around at loving Texas of all places in 3 years, especially with the Big XII being as bad as it is this year, you hosed something up. They just lost to arguably the worst program in the country and are in genuine danger of missing a bowl. They're getting worse. I'm sure Charlie is a nice guy or whatever but the insistence some people have that nothing is his fault is so weird

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It's really inconvenient that we lost to Texas on our way out of the Big 12 and they proceed to become hot garbage. By the time we start playing them again they'll probably have some hot new coach that will run roughshod over us. It would have been nice to have a few years of working them.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
texas lost to Kansas hahahahahaha

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Scarf posted:

Oh hey yeah, it's rivalry week. gently caress a gamecock.

TIME TO MAKE THE DONUTS MOTHERFUCKER!

Not gonna lie, I'd trade all six unimpressive wins and take a 1-11 season if it meant a humiliating CFP dream killing upset over Clemson. :(

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

By the end of the third quarter, the only fans you could hear in the stadium were the Penn State fans that stuck it out to the end.

But seriously, Rutgers has a lot of seniors. They are going to be worse next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

xrunner posted:

Not gonna lie, I'd trade all six unimpressive wins and take a 1-11 season if it meant a humiliating CFP dream killing upset over Clemson. :(

It'll be closer than the line suggests, bc we're dumb. But I'm really glad it's a night game in Death Valley...

• Locked thread