Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eddain
May 6, 2007
So I have a medicore mid-400 ATK Lightning. I have about 60% worth of TM in moogles. What are some of the best ways to make Lightning better? Finish off my Excalibur? Get a katana and Blade Mastery? Work on Dual Wield for the next character who eventually makes Lightning trash tier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Most top tier lightnings use blade mastery + sakurafubuko.

Excalibur is less exciting right now since Cecil's resist it in arena as does Maxwell. Still worth working on for future use though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Shmtur, your Lightning's Excalibur is killing me against Maxwell here.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

How long should I realistically expect before I can play the arena as a new player with characters in the 30s? I don't mind (infrequently) dropping 10 or 20 bux on the game but I am not planning on being a whale - it seems like it will take a very, very long time before I can hope to play in the arena.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

rio posted:

How long should I realistically expect before I can play the arena as a new player with characters in the 30s? I don't mind (infrequently) dropping 10 or 20 bux on the game but I am not planning on being a whale - it seems like it will take a very, very long time before I can hope to play in the arena.

You should be grinding those cactaurs while they're around, man, get your dudes up to speed for the arena. If you spend the next week in the XP Vortex, you should be good enough to start going.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Drinkfist posted:

Hey Mylan can I borrow your super Elza? I wanna give Maxwell a few more tries and really need a carry.

Invite sent!

I'm so glad this was cactuar weekend, I was saving up a bunch for Exdeath's 6* but had to burn them all with the quickness to get my Cecil ready for Maxwell. Hopefully got enough again.

dra600n
May 2, 2014
Welp I'm done pissing NRG down the drain trying to clear Maxwell. Here's to hoping they do another BF event when Tilith gets 6* and the trail comes back.

I just get annihilated on turn 4 when she dispells and then proceeds to destroy everything with everything else she casts that turn.

dra600n fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 21, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Maxwell Get.

Got the Darkness Resist +15% too, did not time it correctly for a limit Break finish.

I don't think I care, honestly. 10,000 Karma, oh shucks.

Thank you Xyvious!

I kept Omni-Veil, Embolden, and Focus up at all times. I kept Full Break on Maxwell. Restarted the game every two turns. My and Xyvious' Call of Duties chipped away with Barrage (his has Dual Wield) to fill the Summon gauge, theoretically aided by Lightning.

Was able to finish building the gauge mid-turn with the other CoD, so I was able to swipe and activate the Diablos summon before Maxwell's death animation, during the last Barrage.

Maxwell's damage output is survivable if you've got all those buffs and breaks up, you don't NEED two Curajas per turn if you maintain the buffs.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 21, 2016

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Just found this thread. I'll post my info to the doc.

I am really hoping the Orlandu banner drops next. I whaled a bit for Lightning and Elza and no dice. Currently rocking a DW 650attack Dark Cecil with deathbringer and barrage. My stable of 30% magic tm's and Omnirod are a day or two from being complete. I'll be fully prepared for Exdeath 6* release. Hoping more maxwell style events come in the future. I haven't had that much fun since..... maxwell in brave frontier. People bitch about the difficulty but we were literally charting 30+ turns in advance in BF.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
We're not getting Orlandu next. There are 6 banners in between now and Orlandu, not counting any new special banners like the Darkness one we just got.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Vax posted:

:frogsiren: Attention Macro boys and girls :frogsiren:

It seems like Memu 2.9.1.1 is very unstable. I had like 3 crashes in 3 hours running the ultimate TMs. Now back to 2.8.6 I had NO crashes 5 hours in.

I also could not find any improvements in performance or otherwise. Version 2.8.6 just runs as fine as 2.9.1.1.

I've been running the latest Memu build for 48 hours without a crash so results may vary.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Goddamnit, stop giving me reasons not to mush my Shantotto's together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8pegRzjaSY

That chain :stare:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

AegisP posted:

Goddamnit, stop giving me reasons not to mush my Shantotto's together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8pegRzjaSY

That chain :stare:

Also maxxes out all their LB gauges and the summon meter long before it finishes, though their LBs probably chain for less damage than that doublecast link spam.

Personally I'm just going to settle for having 3 Exdeaths doublecasting Meteors while Cecil watches and maybe Rydia joins in too because eh why not.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

AegisP posted:

We're not getting Orlandu next. There are 6 banners in between now and Orlandu, not counting any new special banners like the Darkness one we just got.

I'm okay with skipping everything up to orlandu.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Do you guys want Fat D.Cecil for maxwell or fully leveled Maxwell for the event? Not sure which is preferable.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Finally beat maxwell thanks to goons sharing their tips for scumming the fight and sharing their godly units. Back to grinding up arc now.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I'm okay with skipping everything up to orlandu.

I'd like to have at least two more Mog King events before Orlandu, so I can stockpile 20+ more tickets.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You should be grinding those cactaurs while they're around, man, get your dudes up to speed for the arena. If you spend the next week in the XP Vortex, you should be good enough to start going.

Do I get cactuars from the xp vortex? I have done that a few times but don't remember getting any.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rio posted:

Do I get cactuars from the xp vortex? I have done that a few times but don't remember getting any.

Well, you have about an hour or two left for the Cactaurs Dunes till next month.

The XP Vortex isn't as good, but it's not terrible. You can maximize your gains by taking in one unit, and using a friend unit who can solo it, like a Kefka or other mage.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

rio posted:

Also if you're really hard up for cactaurs, grind whatever the highest level of the event dungeon you can grind is and just buy cactaurs from the king moogle.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got the three metal gods fight three times today while doing maybe ten total runs of the event, and got 46k karma today without really trying that hard. as it turns out 33k for three fights is Pretty Good

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Here's some more of Shantottos pretty good 5* Tornado skill. He couples it with Firions AOE to get Edgar-Like chains in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r79sGF0Udc0

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

The fact that Bedile is base 3* is the worst thing about this game. Once the summon changes happen we still can't escape.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Final Fantasy V event is coming! 6* Exdeath, here I come! :woop:

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Mischalaniouse posted:

Final Fantasy V event is coming! 6* Exdeath, here I come! :woop:

Handy materials guide. Who should you prioritize if you have both Bartz and Exdeath though?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Having neither ExDeath nor Bartz this will be a VERY good banner for me to pull at. Especially with all of them being 3* base. :getin:

Speaking of, is Bartz 6* worthy?

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
He is decent, but he comes with Doublehand which is a great TM.

That said, I dont think that is the banner. Rumor is Gilgamesh is coming.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Vax posted:

Having neither ExDeath nor Bartz this will be a VERY good banner for me to pull at. Especially with all of them being 3* base. :getin:

Speaking of, is Bartz 6* worthy?

Apparently he's pretty good. He's not scoring as high as CoD or Chizuru but he's still a top tier physical attacker. No idea if there are any gimmick builds that use him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think 6* bartz ends up as kind of a weird hybrid wind attacker? he seems pretty good but not outstanding. if i only had the resources for one i'd probably pick exdeath but if he's your only 6* capable physical attacker i guess i'd lean bartz.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Hardbody posted:

That said, I dont think that is the banner. Rumor is Gilgamesh is coming.

I noticed that myself. They didn't explicitly call it a banner, usually the banner is the top picture in the advertisement, and the news isn't written with the "Featured Summon" title.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Nov 21, 2016

Nargiddley
Jul 30, 2006

Having 3 ExDeath and no Bartz I'm thinking of skipping the banner. The two common units seen like a trap. A Bartz for completions sake and maybe a double hand would be good but I'm assuming if anything I'd just come out of the banner with more ExDeaths

However, this is what I've been waiting for to rain meteors in arena. So I'm excited even without needing the banner.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I appreciate that Agent355 just says "Grover house" in his friend comment. For god sakes you need to get a hat on that Arc. Hatless Arc's are a crime. Enjoy my Demon Rain. I don't know what he is supposed to be doing either.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Once again, That is almost assuredly not the banner. I am predicting new units/base 5* Gilgamesh banner. Those are just the units that will have their 6 and/or 5 stars unlocked.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Hardbody posted:

Once again, That is almost assuredly not the banner. I am predicting new units/base 5* Gilgamesh banner. Those are just the units that will have their 6 and/or 5 stars unlocked.

How good is greg then?

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
I don't play JP, but I think he is considered Luneth tier, without a more diverse skillset,but no innate dual weild. His TM, Genji Glove, grants DW as an accessory.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Hardbody posted:

I don't play JP, but I think he is considered Luneth tier, without a more diverse skillset,but no innate dual weild. His TM, Genji Glove, grants DW as an accessory.

Thats a pretty good TM. Freeing up a Materia slot.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Shmtur, your Lightning's Excalibur is killing me against Maxwell here.

I fixed this last night. Didn't realize I'd forgotten to swap it out, sorry!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\ It's all good, no worries here.

Zebia posted:

The fact that Bedile is base 3* is the worst thing about this game. Once the summon changes happen we still can't escape.

Guess who I got today!

I just want Garland...

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

Hardbody posted:

That should be "With a more diverse skillset". He gets enhanced jump, a wind attack, and some other goodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

/\/\/\ It's all good, no worries here.

Guess who I got today!

I just want Garland...

I pulled a Garland :smug:

• Locked thread