Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

/

Name: Business Suit Samus
Nationality: Italian but with French cultural background
Style: Whatever Adam Says
Size: XXL, and still a little small Heavyweight
Wears a mask? YES
Gimmick Awaits for a manger to approve moves, style, face/heel disposition, contracts, and title shots.
Finisher: Immediate Drastic Depreciation Of Human Resource. or I.D.D.O.H.R (A tombstone that turns into a giant swing out of the drat ring.)
Disposition: Whatever Adam Says
Themehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5QzHNZTxZw

ok not really. But it was a fun gag. is good gag

I am serious

Herr Tog fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I was waiting until the last possible minute to submit this one. I'm not going to use him that often to avoid possible conflicts of interest. I just figured I'd post it up front rather than surprise anyone untoward.

Name: Asriel Dreemurr
Nationality: Underground (American?)
Style: Spot Monkey
Size: Light Heavyweight
Wears a Mask?: No
Gimmick: Mrs. Dreemurr's baby boy. The self-proclaimed "God of Hyperdeath" and Prince of All Monsters. Really just an edgy shitlord trying a bit too hard to be "cool", but inside he's just an oversensitive SOUL. (Think Mankind on the outside, Mick Foley on the inside).
Finisher: Star Blazing (shooting star press off the top turnbuckle)
Disposition: Heel (but really a Face, deep down inside)

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Well. We ready to light this det cord, or what? When's our inaugural taping?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Well. We ready to light this det cord, or what? When's our inaugural taping?

I'm gonna arrange the roster and get everything plugged into TEW tomorrow in the hopes of having an opening update ready for Friday or Saturday. I already know who Fae is submitting for her wrestlers Zarya and Mei from Overwatch, but I'll keep the submission window open until the posted deadline in case there's any last-last-last second subs though, but we're more or less locked in and ready to go.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Name: Commander Adam Malkavich
Nationality: Spacenoid
Style: Manager but will henshin into a Regular Wrestler
Size: Heavy Weight
Wears a Mask: Yes but only in combat as accordance with regs.
Gimmick: Believes to be acting commander of all Samus' in all known space. Will provide them with tactical insight and chastise them for taking risks or using too much force or tell him what to do. Calls are females 'Lady.' When in combat he will wear a strange blue skin tight space suit and ask Samus' if they remember him.
Finisher: DD214 (A Pedigree)
Disposition: Heel but in some Samus' eyes he is a face.
Theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5QzHNZTxZw

Herr Tog fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 29, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Herr Tog posted:

I am serious

Name: Mada - DARK ADAM

Nationality: Refer to Age

Style: Technician

Size: Lightweight

Gimmick: Pretentious jerk, Adam, is a manager for anyone who happens to be unlucky enough to get lose their contract to him. He thinks he's the greatest military mind, but still loses a lot. Has a bad habit of handicapping wrestlers under his care by restricting their moveset.

Finisher: BOTTLE SHIP! (Missile Drop Kick from the top rope)

Disposition: Face

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 29, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
lol

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Can we please have two Adams?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Why the gently caress not?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: gently caress.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
what has science done

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

FPzero posted:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Krysmphoenix posted:

what has science done

: SHOCKROCKEEEEET!!!! :doom:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Why the gently caress not?

While we are at it can we please remove your terrible suggestions?

FPzero posted:

:allears:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

: gently caress. Yes, sir

fixed

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Herr Tog posted:

Paging Blind Sally

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Well crow, when you came to me and said

you didn't expect this now did you? LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE CROW.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FPzero posted:

Well crow, when you came to me and said

you didn't expect this now did you? LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE CROW.

Another terrible suggestion

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Herr Tog posted:

The thread's first heel turn. So it begins.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

They are here in spirit, if nothing else.

Name: ???
Style: Psychopath
Gimmick: Wants to 100% this game and move on to the next one.
Finisher: 999999999*infinity
Disposition: Heel (unless needed for more content)

not sure if I'm allowed, so ignore if need be

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SystemLogoff posted:

They are here in spirit, if nothing else.

Name: ???
Gimmick: Wants to 100% this game and move on to the next one.
Finisher: 999999999*infinity
Disposition: Heel (unless needed for more content)

not sure if I'm allowed, so ignore if need be

Chara is indeed going to be a part of Asriel's gimmick, yes.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
No, please, no

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

nine-gear crow posted:

Chara is indeed going to be a part of Asriel's gimmick, yes.

This makes me happy.

Herr Tog posted:

No, please, no

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Name: Jonathan.
Gender: Male. We never worked up the courage to confirm this though. We just kinda assumed...
Nationality: He comes from the sky
Size: Very Small
Wears a Mask: No
Gimmick: Ruthless murderer who will kill you and steal your chips. Stupidly lucky and will always roll 7 on a 6 sided die.
Finisher: Jonathan Rush - teleports to an enemy and goes full psycho bird on them.
Disposition: Heel.

Mysticblade fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Nov 29, 2016

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

BRAND 3 - FUSION CATASTROPHE ZONE (Saturday)

I motion that all Samus' and their Adams are in this brand.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
:F̬̲͔͖͕̤̳̔͒̎̄͞͝u̸͓̖̟̍ͣ́͠c̼̬͈̼͈̰ͪ̔̚k̛̟̯͉̫͙̖̓ͫ̾͋̿̕.̶̣̩̫͈ͩ̔͒

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

nine-gear crow posted:

: SHOCKROCKEEEEET!!!! :doom:

: And that was how I met your mother!

: Uh, Sir? Who, uh, who are you talking to?

: Oh, no one. Yet.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
time travel's a helluva thing

Kalvida
Jun 27, 2012

So has TEW 2013 been updated/patched in any significant way or have they completely moved onto TEW 2016?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kalvida posted:

So has TEW 2013 been updated/patched in any significant way or have they completely moved onto TEW 2016?

The last major patch for it has was released in March of 2016. I haven't downloaded it yet, but it plugs it every time I open it, so I'll have to pick that up before I get going.

I'm just plugging everyone's submissions into the program now. It's going to be a bit of a slough to get everyone in, but once I have all the details ironed out, it's done for good, so it's just a matter of powering through the boring part.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STATUS UPDATE: I've got the first two and a half-ish pages worth of submissions fully plugged into TEW 2013. It's a long and tedious process because there's a LOT of stats the game takes into consideration and I have to do this for every last one of our 120-some wrestlers. Then there's even more poo poo to work out related to the company, the game world, media, and wrestler relations.

Basically, the behind the scenes work is going to be very front-loaded and may take another few days yet, but we're getting there.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

nine-gear crow posted:

STATUS UPDATE: I've got the first two and a half-ish pages worth of submissions fully plugged into TEW 2013. It's a long and tedious process because there's a LOT of stats the game takes into consideration and I have to do this for every last one of our 120-some wrestlers. Then there's even more poo poo to work out related to the company, the game world, media, and wrestler relations.

Basically, the behind the scenes work is going to be very front-loaded and may take another few days yet, but we're getting there.

So about halfway through, not bad progress.

I know that each wrestler gave a brief description of their skills and story but how are you/the computer determining how good each one is. Is there a degree of randomization going on?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sad King Billy posted:

So about halfway through, not bad progress.

I know that each wrestler gave a brief description of their skills and story but how are you/the computer determining how good each one is. Is there a degree of randomization going on?

It's a bit of both. I'm trying to play the majority of the wrestlers as close to middle of the road as possible, though there are a few that will be getting markedly better or worse stats than others based off who/what I personally feel would make good stars or jobbers, or in some cases, just what I think is funny. Then once I start the simulation the RNG will start mashing them all together and we'll see what happens. Though everything is in flux based mainly on the writing, so I could easily tank a superstar or push a jobber up the ladder to suit a storyline that might emerge.

So don't get too offended if, say, your (and I say your in the broad sense, not yours specifically) wrestler turns out to be a spectacular flop, there is no overt malice involved in my decision making process... or the RNG's.

Though please do feel free to accuse me of the filthiest cronyism when Lightning and Undyne clown everyone in their way because Artix and CJacobs submitted them :v:

EDIT: Really, if anything, I feel I may be being a bit too generous with the vast majority of people, stats wise. But we'll see.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 2, 2016

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Hey, I won't bring it up if Speedoman becomes the world's greatest jobber. But I will cry foul if Jonathan ends up a jobber. :v:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
It'll come down to Business Suit Samus and the Adams versus Undertale.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Herr Tog posted:

It'll come down to Business Suit Samus and the Adams versus Undertale.

Poor Asriel. He's gonna die... again.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I hope Samus always wins against Dark Samus.

Like, completely dominates her every time.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I appreciate that there is a rivalry brewing between the Metroids and the Undertales and that promos are already being cut and the game hasn't even begun yet,

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

(Late, Crow-approved entry!)

Introducing the hottest tag-team in wrestling.....Siberian Winter!!

Name: Aleksandra "Zarya" Zaryanova
Nationality: Russian
Style: Regular Wrestler....and a proton cannon
Size: Heavyweight
Gimmick: Zarya is one of, if not the strongest woman alive and knows it. Having begun training to become a weightlifter after her home village was attacked by robots, she's worked for years to be at the peak of her strength so she can protect the country and the people she loves the most. After spending some time as a soldier, she decided to get into wrestling as an excuse to tear off robot parts and be paid for it.
Finisher: Has a proton cannon and can deadlift 512KG (around 1100lbs). You figure it out.

Name: Mei-Ling Zhou
Nationality: Chinese
Style: Technician
Gimmick: She's happy, cheerful, optimistic and probably one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. A former climatologist, she spent an unknown amount of years being cryogenically frozen after a disaster struck her research station. After being woken up and readjusting to the world, and aided by her drone buddy Snowball, she decided to get into wrestling with Zarya, partially as something to do but mostly because it looked really fun.
Finisher: She can make ice with her gun, even if there's no moisture in the air. She uses this to make walls, obstacles, projectiles and even to freeze her opponents in a solid block of ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

nine-gear crow posted:

It's a bit of both. I'm trying to play the majority of the wrestlers as close to middle of the road as possible, though there are a few that will be getting markedly better or worse stats than others based off who/what I personally feel would make good stars or jobbers, or in some cases, just what I think is funny. Then once I start the simulation the RNG will start mashing them all together and we'll see what happens. Though everything is in flux based mainly on the writing, so I could easily tank a superstar or push a jobber up the ladder to suit a storyline that might emerge.

So don't get too offended if, say, your (and I say your in the broad sense, not yours specifically) wrestler turns out to be a spectacular flop, there is no overt malice involved in my decision making process... or the RNG's.

Though please do feel free to accuse me of the filthiest cronyism when Lightning and Undyne clown everyone in their way because Artix and CJacobs submitted them :v:

EDIT: Really, if anything, I feel I may be being a bit too generous with the vast majority of people, stats wise. But we'll see.

I don't expect any of my wrestlers to be top bill, it is all about the story after all and The Dog Thief has a bit of a Brooklyn Brawler vibe about him, but steals dogs.

• Locked thread