Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Steezo posted:

risk averse cowardice that isn't borderline, but actual treason that should be punished by death.

Pretty accurate description of the military right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i know one person who conceal carries and if i didnt buy weed from him i prolly wouldnt be chillin with him

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i don't want to say i would never trust someone with a concealed weapon, because who knows maybe there's someone out there that i would

but i haven't met anybody in my life that i would trust with one, and i know a lot of dudes that carry

i also wouldn't trust myself to conceal carry

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

i also wouldn't trust myself to conceal carry

hell i dont trust myself to regular carry

who needs that hassle

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Idaho doesn't even require a permit to CCW now and I still can't be bothered because who loving cares, it's not like I'm going to be the punisher or something

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I used to carry but then I got fat and my guns are big enough to be uncomfortable. :effort:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I've considered getting a CCW license but I wouldn't be able to carry at work and if I kept it in my car I wouldn't be able to use my car for some work things that are just more easily done in a personal vehicle.

So it would sit on a shelf or in a drawer until I inevitably ate it myself some dreary weekend.

.. and I guarantee that is also how it would work for most active duty dudes in garrison.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Steezo posted:

I'll stop before this turns into a pages long rant about risk averse cowardice that isn't borderline, but actual treason that should be punished by death.

So the rest of GIP?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
I'm looking forward to the day Pres. Donny allows CC on VA campuses.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Some of the biggest psychos that should never touch guns that I have met in the army have been field grades.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Idaho doesn't even require a permit to CCW now and I still can't be bothered because who loving cares, it's not like I'm going to be the punisher or something

I've thought about getting a permit to carry for when I go hiking in case I run into wildlife/insane rednecks.

But I'm in NY so :effort:

Might move to Idaho though, nice to hear that's easier.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

LostCosmonaut posted:

I've thought about getting a permit to carry for when I go hiking in case I run into wildlife/insane rednecks.

But I'm in NY so :effort:

Might move to Idaho though, nice to hear that's easier.

More insane rednecks, too.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Steezo posted:

Since fixing the culture that makes people like Hassan possible just isn't going to happpen.

Member of the U.S. military advocating genocide of all Muslims ITT. MODS????

So, serious question: how much more competent would officers be with concealed carry compared to enlisted?

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days
Most officers are really dumb with guns, if not worse.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

DeusExMachinima posted:

Member of the U.S. military advocating genocide of all Muslims ITT. MODS????

So, serious question: how much more competent would officers be with concealed carry compared to enlisted?

Honestly? I don't think it would be nearly as bad as the rest of the thread seems to.

Maybe I just had the good luck to deploy with a good crew, but none of my guys had a negligent discharge in 7 months in Afghanistan, and we were all carrying pistols with no safety and a round in the chamber. For that matter, nobody shot their boss over an Article 15. Treat troops like adults and they act like adults.

Given reasonable commander's oversight, I'm sure the DoD can make concealed carry on-base work.

The Air Force has already been pushing for more concealed carry in the last couple years. Many bases allow cops to carry off-duty, provided they are considered LEOs under the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004. Military Police/Security Forces/whatever the Navy calls them are all included in this. I've worked at bases where basically all the military cops carried in their off time, and it didn't turn into the wild west.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

Arc Light posted:

Honestly? I don't think it would be nearly as bad as the rest of the thread seems to.

Maybe I just had the good luck to deploy with a good crew, but none of my guys had a negligent discharge in 7 months in Afghanistan, and we were all carrying pistols with no safety and a round in the chamber. For that matter, nobody shot their boss over an Article 15. Treat troops like adults and they act like adults.

Given reasonable commander's oversight, I'm sure the DoD can make concealed carry on-base work.

The Air Force has already been pushing for more concealed carry in the last couple years. Many bases allow cops to carry off-duty, provided they are considered LEOs under the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004. Military Police/Security Forces/whatever the Navy calls them are all included in this. I've worked at bases where basically all the military cops carried in their off time, and it didn't turn into the wild west.

Yo, I found your problem.

• Locked thread