Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
I think this is the one you mean:

quote:

Okay, it isn't actually that complicated.

Play into the check:
Tactics-5 (A Second Chance)
Tactics-3 (Strategic Planning)

If At Any Cost affects the check, change my play to "2, medium":
Treachery-3 (God's Plan)

If any other modifier affects the check (including Investigative Committee, although I can only imagine Baltar playing it), do not change my play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Oh and my hands sucked so much. Outside of that Political Prowess I was just drowning in low-count glurge including tons and tons of TRE-0. So gross.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Also, while I'm digging through PMs:

Max Peck posted:

That is the single worst draw I have ever seen.

quote:

Tactics-0 (Trust Instincts)
Piloting-0 (Protect the Fleet)
Piloting-0 (Dogfight)
Engineering-3 (Scientific Research)

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

quote:

Politics-0 (Force Their Hand)
QUORUM: Assign Chief of Staff
QUORUM: Release Cylon Mugshot
QUORUM: Inspirational Speech
QUORUM: Food Rationing
QUORUM: Enact Production Quotas
Politics-2 (Consolidate Power)
QUORUM: Resignation
Politics-0 (Red Tape)
Tactics-3 (Unorthodox Plan)
Engineering-0 (Install Upgrades)
Engineering-1 (Repair)
QUORUM: Encourage Mutiny
Tactics-3 (Critical Situation)
Treachery-0 (Dradis Contact)

it stinks!

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

fits posted:

it stinks!

Resign and dump the whole mess on Helo, get through the quorum deck superfast

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Re: BSG Loyalty & Starting Draw

quote:

Toshimo wrote on Nov 24, 2016 13:57:

quote:

Podima wrote on Nov 24, 2016 12:40:
YOU ARE NOT A CYLON
YOU ARE A CYLON - Can Reduce Morale by 1 [Action: Reveal this card. If you are not in the “Brig,” you may reduce Morale by 1.]

Politics-5 (Preventative Policy)
Leadership-4 (At Any Cost)
QUORUM: Assign Vice President [Action: Draw 2 politics cards and give this card to any other player. Keep this card in play. While this player is not President other players may not be chosen with the Administration location.]

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Max Peck posted:

I fed Cally resign off my play, I was like maybe you actually want this right now.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Never stop giffing.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max Peck posted:

I was genuinely surprised Resign never got played, if there was ever a game for it, it was this one.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Here's what my hands looked like:

quote:

Please discard 3 cards due to hand limit.

Treachery-0 (Sabotage)
Treachery-0 (Bait)
Leadership-0 (All Hands On Deck)
Treachery-0 (Broadcast Location)
Politics-1 (Consolidate Power)
Leadership-3 (Restore Order)
Treachery-3 (God's Plan)
Politics-1 (Consolidate Power)
Politics-2 (Consolidate Power)
Treachery-4 (Special Destiny)
MUTINY: Betrayal of Trust [Action: Draw 2 Treachery Cards. Then, look at the top card of the Destination Deck and place it on the top or bottom of the deck. Finally, discard this card.]

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Podima posted:

I was genuinely surprised Resign never got played, if there was ever a game for it, it was this one.

I was proud of myself for the Probation play. I'm like yeah that actually kind of works right now. AND THEN RIOTS.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
@Podima: For reals I wanted to try out the ~~deep cover~~ stuff, but it never seemed like the right time.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Arivia posted:

I fed Cally resign off my play, I was like maybe you actually want this right now.

Hm. Resignation doesn't work (at least not as effectively as we'd like) if played by a non-President via Popular Influence, right? It says "from your hand" and the playing character wouldn't have any Quorum cards in their hand, so all they could do is move the title.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I mean, enough Personal Vices fired off early combined with everything else that humans' hands got pretty dang clogged up.

I'm actually a little annoyed that Deckcylon decided to poo poo all over this game, since that means it wasn't a good test of the whole gently caress Airlock set of rules.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max Peck posted:

Hm. Resignation doesn't work (at least not as effectively as we'd like) if played by a non-President via Popular Influence, right? It says "from your hand" and the playing character wouldn't have any Quorum cards in their hand, so all they could do is move the title.

Correct. I actually did a bit of research on that particular scenario when I saw it as a possibility.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Max Peck posted:

Yeah I thought about playing that but it was enough of a dick move to Cally that I decided not to. And also I thought about the rules problems, then thought about asking Podima, then my head exploded and Voyager 1 just dodged a piece exiting the solar system.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Podima posted:

Yeah I mean, enough Personal Vices fired off early combined with everything else that humans' hands got pretty dang clogged up.

This contributed a lot to getting all the civs out, by the way. I kept drawing Bait, staring at the board, and going "meh, I can't make the situation any worse by throwing this into a skill check."

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Arivia posted:

Yeah I thought about playing that but it was enough of a dick move to Cally that I decided not to. And also I thought about the rules problems, then thought about asking Podima, then my head exploded and Voyager 1 just dodged a piece exiting the solar system.

Well, see, if that works (like Podima just confirmed it doesn't), you could have resigned to make Cally president even though she already was. Which is one of my new absurd BSG goals, right after getting God's Plan to discard itself.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toshimo posted:

@Podima: For reals I wanted to try out the ~~deep cover~~ stuff, but it never seemed like the right time.

I appreciate it! Another time. Some games deep cover works, other games the perfect opportunity falls into your lap. This was definitely more of the latter.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Podima posted:

I'm actually a little annoyed that Deckcylon decided to poo poo all over this game, since that means it wasn't a good test of the whole gently caress Airlock set of rules.

It was like ABM except with very little actual ABM play.

@Max Peck: Wait. Okay, so Resignation from Popular Influence just moves the title - but if I did it, it would still go to the next person on the succession list (Helo) and not Cally, right?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Arivia posted:

It was like ABM except with very little actual ABM play.

@Max Peck: Wait. Okay, so Resignation from Popular Influence just moves the title - but if I did it, it would still go to the next person on the succession list (Helo) and not Cally, right?

You get to pick the person who gets the title with Resignation, actually. There's some weird edge cases where Ellen can steal the Presidency for a turn, and then Resign to plop the Presidency on someone else meaning the original person doesn't get it back. Cylon Ellen with Resignation in the Quorum hand is hilariously bad for humans.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Resignation doesn't respect Lines of Succession.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Podima posted:

You get to pick the person who gets the title with Resignation, actually. There's some weird edge cases where Ellen can steal the Presidency for a turn, and then Resign to plop the Presidency on someone else meaning the original person doesn't get it back. Cylon Ellen with Resignation in the Quorum hand is hilariously bad for humans.

Okay that's pretty great.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh man Arivia just reminded me that Some Numbers actually killed you guys with a Food loss. Owned.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Max Peck posted:

Running gags are never an issue

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Podima posted:

Link me to your PbP game if you can - or if it's on a private forum, good luck! You will ALWAYS mess something up, no matter what.

It's private, but I'm going to ask the players if they are ok with me reposting it somehow.

For now, you'll have to settle for our intro:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
FRAAAAAAAAAAAAK

Ahem. Good game guys. You got super unlucky with me drawing all the Exploits - except the one from Destiny lol - and getting Brigged JUST in time to Make a Deal.

This game owned.

• Locked thread