Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Herein I have explained the operation of the sun.
I don't have any thoughts on the world at the moment. I don't particularly lean toward any time period/technological era.

As for my character, I was thinking an ascetic monk. Words of Bow/Earth/Endurance. Haven't decided on Gifts yet.

As for her organization, I don't have a name, but I do have some thoughts on its history. Back when the world broke, a group of people decided to go live as hermits in the mountains and try to ignore all the crazy stuff going on in the world. Go back to the basics of living and such. Now, thousands of years later, their discipline has produced a Godbound. Now, they're starting to look outward from their insular community and trying to influence the world at large.

Or something like that, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Abagai the Adaman

The folly of man had never been greater. The endless pursuit of power, wealth, and knowledge had led to a breaking point. The known universe began to unravel before their very eyes, bit by bit, as those who pushed the universe to its breaking point continued their pointless power struggles and creating their mad machines. A small group of like-minded people withdrew from the society and a world they saw as broken and beyond repair. They fled to a mountain range known for its metal deposits, the Iron Mountains, to live on their own terms and await what they saw as the inevitable end of the world.

But the end never came.

Through the generations, the group evolved out of their doomsday mentality, instead embracing a lifestyle that eschewed many of the conveniences of a modern day society. They lived without material things, living only on the power of the individual and the group. They refused contact with outside groups and kept to themselves. By refusing that which had caused the world such turmoil, they believed, perhaps they could find a way to fix it. If nothing else, they would not actively make the world worse.

And, perhaps, there was some sense in their logic. Through their meditations, their discipline, their inner strength, one of them attained a power beyond that of human. The people who had left the world to itself now had the power to influence it.

They had a chance to save it.

-----

When asked how she knew where the animals lived, she responded thus, "The earth's eyes are my eyes."

When asked how she could throw a rock across the horizon, she responded thus, "The earth's strength is my strength."

Having lived and known only the insular and tight-knit group of the hermits who live on Iron Mountain, Abagai is lacking when it comes to knowledge of the greater world and its societies. She is quite aware of her lack of knowledge and so she generally prefers not to speak. When she does, Abagai is blunt and to-the-point. She is humble and never one to highlight her accomplishments. Abagai much prefers actions to words and, as such, is generally not afraid to show her commitment to her cause or to demand as such from someone else.

code:
ATTRIBUTES                SAVING THROWS
   Str:  16 (+2) [5]         Hrd: 12+
   Dex:  15 (+1) [6]         Eva: 13+
   Con:  18 (+3) [3]         Spr: 14+
   Int:  12 (0) [9]
   Wis:  12 (0) [9]         HP: 11   AC: 3
   Cha:  16 (+3) [5]

WEAPONS
   Rock     Con   +4   1d10+3

Fray Die: 1d8

WORDS AND GIFTS
   Bow
    • None Beyond Reach
    • Omnipresent Reach
   Earth
    • Jewel-Bright Eyes
    • Builder of Mountain Peaks
   Endurance
    • Body of Iron Will

FACTS
   Needs Nothing but the Clothes on Her Back
   Master Hunter of both the Mundane and the Wild
   Savior of the Iron Mountain Hermits

GOAL
   Create a church to spread and espouse the discipline of the Iron Mountain Hermitage

RESOURCES
   Effort:     2
   Influence:  2
   Dominion:   0
   Wealth:     0

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

As far as Abagai goes, she'll primarily be active in the areas near Iron Mountain, so according to the map that would be the Middle Kingdoms or Bruuth area. Whichever would work better for us really. As far as what others would hear about her, likely there would be rumors of a hermit or religious preacher performing miracles with stone and earth. Literally making walls and houses and other impossible feats. I imagine her preaching might go against the grain of what is usually practiced in the area, so it might become a rumor of interest for Yue.

• Locked thread