Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Theantero posted:

No see you've got it all wrong. See, cats are inherently lazy creatures. Now that I've smashed a bunch of them into a bunch of ducks, they no longer have to travel ANYWHERE for a delicious, unending feast! Watch Ca'tduckhtlu as it wriggles and writhes, rending and consuming its own ever regenerating flesh as it slumbers.

that is horrific and an abomination unto the Lord of the Cat Moon. This beast must be mended and put out of its misery.

Stop, wounded beast. Calm immediately. Dissolve into constituent souls, and enter your respective cycles of rebirth.

Divinity 1

cat_herder fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
As the darkness gives way to light as part of the cycle, the light diffracts into a broad spectrum for a time. It is indeed beautiful.

The Humanitarian reaches out to protect its people, and they are grateful for the teaching.

The Firstborn demonstrate their cunning, becoming ever more deadly to their prey, at least until the Hidden, digging down to the Underworld, past the creepy crawlies of the dark, let slip the Dogs of Down Below. Perhaps surprisingly, the feline and canine predators get along rather well, despite, or perhaps because of, the sense of mass hysteria that pervades the world.

The Abominator sends its creation down to the bottom of the Dickbuttian abyss, amongst the Steveguttenbergoids. As neither ducks nor cats were capable of withstanding such water pressure, it was perhaps a mercy that the Lord of the Cat Moon intervened to give it peace.

The great crate of spaceless space in the place which is no place was unboxed by the Pantocrater and given the name Varuhalla. As the flow of souls became organised, the consensus of the gods lent it strength.

The Placeholderdome sparkled and coruscated with living electricity as the Lightning Lord upheld his pledge in spectacular fashion, leading his people into the deep void beyond most mortal ken and establishing it as an act of faith to travel there. Forevermore would the Placeholderdome be associated in name with Thunder.

The humans, curious as they were, sampled the new substance provided by the Comedienne, and were seized by paroxysms of laughter. One or two acquired a taste for it, their gratitude filtering through to the creator of the laughtelixer. The birds and cats received their own intoxicants in accordance with the will of the Drunk of Goddenness, but given the intoxicating nature of all plantlife, they didn't really notice.

The Sea Lord revealed itself to the beings of the sea, and bade them multiply. In joyful worship, they obeyed their God.

The Adversary intervened against the humans, putting its own spin on the protective rituals set up by the Humanitarian. Objecting to this, the two deities were drawn to the Placeholderdome of Thunder. The highest ranked of the divinities made short shrift of the Humanitarian, smashing seven shades of sacredness out of it to the roar and crackle of the Lightning pilgrims. The Humanitarian fell out of the Pantheon, battered and considerably weakened, whilst the Adversary returned to the Underworld. Those souls the corrupted rituals doomed there had their sorrow and torment consumed, and so, once processed, frolicked around, devoid of any sadness or regret, spending their afterlife playing with the dogs or returning with them up the Hidden tunnels to visit the land of the living for a time. The Adversary, glutted and gorged on negative emotion, felt them bloat and suffuse its entire being.

The Constellator, cynophobically, created the seven afterlives of the Firstborn, and offered an alliance to the Stuffmeister, which the smaller deity gladly accepted. The cats that passed through to their afterlives rewarded their pet deity with purrs of contentment, and Vaulhalla was empowered by the correct paperwork.

Nearer to Nibiru, the asteroids and debris from the briefest of worlds are neatly organised in evocative and thought-provoking patterns. Subtle progress was made in the direction of the Pantheon in so doing, but it remained to be sen if this approach would be fruitful.

The fallen Lord of the Duck Moon was the swiftest to react to the vacancy in the Pantheon, taking the eighth seat once occupied by the Humanitarian. Rather that return to its previous avian portfolio, it took on the mantle of the Mallard of Mortality, and, after extensive negotiations, established itself as the psychopomp and judge of the deceased, in accordance with and obedience to the preferences of the consenting deities. However, it also began consuming the souls it deemed bad, spoiled or rotten: With hindsight, perhaps not the best of ideas as it got swollen with badness and discomfort in turn. On the plus side, the Duck Moon grew warmer and more comfortable, its rocks radiating a pleasant heat.

Back on Nibiru, the mountains got mountainier, and the plants got plantier. Where the mountains met the water, Tardigrades came into being and flourished.

TacoNight gets 1 divinity from brightening dawn, 1 divinity for knocking on the Pantheon's door late, and the status: Slothful.
Sniper4625 gets 2 divinity from the gratitude of Humans.
Hexenritter gets 1 divinity.
Shogeton gets 1 divinity.
DivineCoffeeBinge gets 1 divinity for organising the celestial debris, 1 divinity for knocking on the Pantheon's door early. and the title, Opener of Ways"
Kyyp gets 1 divinity.
TheNabster gets 1 divinity.
Tran gets 1 divinity
Randompaul gets 1 divinity.
cat_herder gets 1 divinity.

Sniper4625 loses a role! The Humanitarian loses 4 divinity and is ejected from the pantheon. Action restrictions lifted.
Diogines gains a role! Mallard of Mortality: Actions must pertain to conveying and judging the dead. +5 Divinity.

The Pantocrater gets 2 divinity for creating the divine locus Varuhalla, the warehouse of souls, where all must be signed for in triplicate.
The Lightning Lord gets 2 divinity for making a place of pilgrimage for the Lightningfolk, and henceforth the arena of the gods shall be the Placeholderdome of Thunder.
The Constellator gets 1 divinity for the shocking spectacle the Lightningfolk add to the Placeholderdome of Thunder.
The Comedienne just about ekes out 1 divinity from laughtelixer imbibers.
The Sea lord gets 2 divinity from revelation inspiring worship and obedience.
The Adversary gets 4 divinity from besting the Humanitarian, 1 divinity for consuming the sorrow and torment of humanity, gains the status: Sorrowful and the status: Tormented.
The Constellator gets 2 divinity from the contented purrs of the former cats, 1 divinity from the Pactbond, and the status: Pactbond with the Stuffmeister.
The Stuffmeister gets 1 divinity from the Pactbond, the status: Protective Stuff, and the status: Pactbond with the Constellator.
The Mallard of Mortality gets 1 divinity for psychopomping, 1 divinity from soul consumption and the status: Soul dyspepsia

Well, Godlets?

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 29, 2016

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Lotsa stuff happening, and nobody to write it down?

Let's give the lightnings ancestral memory. The can be the Scribes of the Gods.

Lightning Lord
Divinity 8

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Teach the tardigrades of love and how to love

Divinity 1

Edit: Oops, it'd be divinity 2

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 30, 2016

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Behold, and be not afraid, for I am The Sea Lord thy God, know that I love thee. Heed my command. Thou art now and forever to be the squidly custodians of dreams and to operate accordingly.

Dreams need to be handled right.

The Sea Lord: 9

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Oh no! My gibbering duckcatlets have been spread across creation! Certainly their mad whispers will entice mortals to find them and bring them back to the bottom of the sea, where they shall join an even greater whole, singing for others to join their number for all time. Also, this time I'll remember to explicitly make the things I beckon to the depths to become sturdy enough to survive it.

Role: The Abominator
Divinity: 5

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Behold, and be not afraid, for I am The Sea Lord thy God, know that I love thee. Heed my command. Thou art now and forever to be the squidly custodians of dreams and to operate accordingly.

Dreams need to be handled right.

The Sea Lord: 9

Oh what dreams wriggle from dark depths. Taste the fear and wretchedness that grows from nightmares. Spread my will and you shall taste this power as well.

Corrupting some squid custodians to abuse their station to spread nightmares that cause torment and despair to mortals in my name to feed my divinity. Squids that do so also share in a fraction of that addictive power

The Adversary: divinity 9

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Arkanomen posted:

Corrupting some squid custodians to abuse their station to spread nightmares that cause torment and despair to mortals in my name to feed my divinity. Squids that do so also share in a fraction of that addictive power

The Adversary: divinity 9

Yo, deep sea inspired nightmares are more my thing.

GET OFF MY LAWN :argh:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Tran posted:

Ignite the duckmoon, to warm the frigid world.

1 Point
Since you didn't light the place on fire I forgive you. But hands off!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Theantero posted:

Oh no! My gibbering duckcatlets have been spread across creation! Certainly their mad whispers will entice mortals to find them and bring them back to the bottom of the sea, where they shall join an even greater whole, singing for others to join their number for all time. Also, this time I'll remember to explicitly make the things I beckon to the depths to become sturdy enough to survive it.

Role: The Abominator
Divinity: 5

As long as you leave my little abominations to their slumber you can hang out in the depths. Im cool with that.

Edit: Also people would be having Nightsquids, not Nightmares :eng101:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Theantero posted:

Your guys are waking world nightmares. This is strictly dreams.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
The Opener of Ways looked upon its works and thought them good. Though not of the Pantheon, he had achieved no small amount of Divinity simply by doing his own thing... and given the squabbling he saw among those Godlets that were attempting to grow up and become Gods, perhaps being 'not of the Pantheon' was the wiser and more stable course.

Speaking of stable, cosmic mishaps were bound to happen, to damage the intricate tableau of asteroids and comets and meteors he has created, and that would never do. Servitors would be needed to maintain their orbits and arrangements. And so the Opener of the Ways chose to create the Tick-Tocks.

Small mechanical crabs that absorb cosmic radiation and excrete propellant, they will be tasked with keeping the Heavens orderly; no piece of space debris shall fall into the atmosphere and burn up before its time. And if they are beginning to worship by building Doorways on each asteroid, even if those Doorways do not lead anywhere... well, it's only a matter of time, yes?

EDIT: Divinity: 9

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
The Pantocrater watched from its office deep inside Varuhalla and was pleased that Souls were being properly processed and contained, but when it looked upon the universe at large a great frown spread across what would be its face if it had any, which it didn't.
All around was disorder, chaos stemming from lack of organization and worst of all, a constant loss of information due to faulty containment measures.

Abyssal Squid posted:

Let's give the lightnings ancestral memory. The can be the Scribes of the Gods.

These beings of electricity were a step in the right direction, but their forms were fragile and easily disturbed. If the mortal form was injured, the knowledge might leak. If it was killed, it would again be lost forever. Something more sturdy was needed to maximize efficiency.

The Pantocrater took from Varuhalla a great many empty metal crates and smushed them together, forming countless flat metal boxes in which information could be stored perpetually. With these artifacts did it bless the Lightnings, teaching them how to inscribe each "Flash Drive" with those same pulses of plasma from which they were made. Thus, in what would be known as the [Zeroth Arbitrary Time Unit On Record], the Sect of the Curecrators of History was established, for the good of all.

The Pantrocrater
Divinity: 9

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Pictured above, the Mallard of Mortality on the right.

And Lo, the Mallard of Mortality called a great Torrent of Souls before Him and he said to each of them in turn,

"Congratulations!

I have decided that whatever religion you probably invented was the ONE TRUE FAITH! It was probably silly and invented by Mortals and probably had weird rules but as long as you followed it you are getting a pretty sweet deal! I am giving you a personalized paradise to cater to your innermost desires, forever!"

And Lo, the Mallard of Mortality REALLY turned on the Divine Charm like a Used Car Salesman on Holy Steroids and he Spoke to each, Thus:

"Or... I guess you could reincarnate randomly as a mortal but the odds good you would be a bug or something. I mean that is just math. Odds say you won't reincarnate as what you were, or anything intelligent. You COULD go to another God you worshiped I mean... if you are sure... I will send you of course. I promised I would. But... I shall share some Divine Wisdom with you! This is Really Secret Holy Stuff! The Gods are mostly impersonal and uncaring about Mortals, I mean some are okay but mostly they are distant. But not me, I'm the nice God! And more importantly, they are not actually immortal. Their rivals can kill them and they have plenty. Which means any afterlife they set up for you is not REALLY eternal. Just until they die. At which time their enemies will probably do awful things to you! But my realm is Eternal! As I am the MIGHTIEST of the Gods and while they muck about in the mortal world I spend all of eternity building gradually greater defenses of the Land of the Dead such that it is unassailable!"

And Lo, the Mallard of Mortality waved a wing and materialized an image before the Mortals innermost, truest desire and said to them "So... do you want to move in or what?"

While scrupulously sticking to The Rules previously written, as written, I tempt the mortal souls which come before me to chose to stay voluntarily with the promise of a tailor made, perfect afterlife! Which The Rules allowed for! And since the dead will always outnumber the living, greatly so, if the GREAT AND POWERFUL Mallard of Mortality is able to convince the mortals to voluntarily stay, he would SWIFTLY accumulate the vast majority of all mortal souls which exist as his worshipers!

Divinity: 11.

Don't freak out people. His Most Holy Mallardness, the Mallard of the Dead will just forever increasingly fortify the Land of the Dead from now until forever. He does not trust the rest of you to not blow up the cosmos thirty times over and cause incalculable mortal suffering but at least he can offer permanent safety to your followers. His Duckiness, in true mercy is protecting the Dead, forever. You can have the rest of creation.

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

There just weren't enough mountains for more plants to spread on land, and other godlets had laid claim to the depths of the oceans.

So the new plants would have to float! Their own little planty travelling islands.

Divinity: 1

Kyyp fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 29, 2016

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Oh eh.... wow, there's some really impressive creatures in the sea. I eh... don't want to step on anyone's toes, or eh fins or anything. But maybe they should ah.... have more to eat? Well, not too easy. So I'll just... create a wide variety of small prey-fishes for Squids of all kinds, and maybe those terrible, terrible things there too? And maybe cats too right? So I create all kind of small, colourful but quick and nimble fish that are nutritious and fecund, but you'll have to be quick or powerful or otherwise be able to get them, and they'll always try to flee and get away, much like their cousins on the land.

Don't, mind me. I'm just a little godlet.

3 Divnity

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 29, 2016

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
I need to spread laughter even more.

Go sprites and creates laughter everywhere!

Create Laughter Sprites, small fairies (tinkerbell size) that feed off laughter as an additional dietary requirement. As such they are driven to make as many people laugh as possible)

Divinity Score: 7

JesterOfAmerica fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 30, 2016

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Shogeton posted:

Oh eh.... wow, there's some really impressive creatures in the sea. I eh... don't want to step on anyone's toes, or eh fins or anything. But maybe they should ah.... have more to eat? Well, not too easy. So I'll just... create a wide variety of small prey-fishes for Squids of all kinds, and maybe those terrible, terrible things there too? And maybe cats too right? So I create all kind of small, colourful but quick and nimble fish that are nutritious and fecund, but you'll have to be quick or powerful or otherwise be able to get them, and they'll always try to flee and get away, much like their cousins on the land.

Don't, mind me. I'm just a little godlet.

3 Divnity

You dare intrude upon MY realm!

Yeah that's cool.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Constellator

The Constellator was worried at the Dogs' intrusion onto the surface of Nibiru, yet it relaxed when it observed how the love and intoxicant-laden atmosphere seemed to have countered their viler instincts.

Free to let go of Nibirun matters, the Constellator turned its attention back to the stars and the infinite vastness between. It realized it had yet to take a closer look at the creatures the Drunk of Goddenness had once created and set adrift within its sphere. It observed the Massive Sentient Potatoes for a while, and came to witness the explosively mashy union of two, terminally lonely, Potatoes.

With a nebular-sized sigh and a galactic wave of a hand, the Constellator took action and drew from the Massive Sentient Potatoes' bodies the most explosive Stuff and threw it in the nearest star, where it crisped and popped pleasantly. Kneading with its stellar fingers, the Constellator then re-shaped the formerly Massive, still-Sentient Potatoes into better and bendier shapes, far more aesthetically pleasing than the lumps they'd been, and named these Starchmen. The new Starchmen were as suited for the depths of space as the Potatoes had ever been, but were now able to seek companionship without fear of exploding.

Div = 11

Theantero posted:

Hi there, OH NO HE DIN'T buddy. :respek:

Diogines posted:

*diabolical quacking*

Anyone wanna tell him we could just make the mortals immortal?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Deadmeat5150 posted:

As long as you leave my little abominations to their slumber you can hang out in the depths. Im cool with that.

Edit: Also people would be having Nightsquids, not Nightmares :eng101:

So you're cool with me mucking up your Squid dream guardians?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Kyyp posted:

So the new plants would have to float! Their own little planty travelling islands.

Divinity: 1

You and your floating islands! I approve. :3:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Scribbleykins posted:

Anyone wanna tell him we could just make the mortals immortal?

Do I need to list the many, many reasons that is a terrible idea?
1. Immorality means eternal suffering as mortal creatures are inevitably buried under rubble, fall into giant holes, volcanoes etc, which over a long enough time frame(immortal...) is inevitable.

2. Nature depends on death.

3. Immortals get bored. And bored immortals will seek to cast down the gods and usurp them.

4. Many other reasons!

I am just taking care of the dead, what's left over of mortals after gods finish screwing with them. You still have all the living one's and aren't they way more fun? Honestly I'm doing you a favor by caring for the Dead.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
It's far more fun to tempt mortals with immortality than it is to grant it.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
There were Mountains and they were good, this was good. Mountains are good.

But... It seems that there were /only/ mountains, mountains everywhere! (And sea but sea was outside of his purview and just outside of his interest) Mountains as far as the eye can see, and if there was nothing but mountains, that didn't make them very special did it?

If everything was mountainous, nothing was mountainous. And that wouldn't do.

By our hand, let us make from this overly mountained terrain many somewhat flatter plains and valleys! So that Mountains can be as such more unique to the sight of all, and the natural terrain to be more pleasing to the eye.

Divinity 1

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 29, 2016

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

The Drunk of Goddenness decides that things are getting a bit too orderly and clean. All plant life is altered to contain semi-divine substances that when consumed, provide a minor version of the intoxicating effect of the given plant to the creature's patron deity. The effect is cumulative and only dissipates when said deity dances a jig in a funny dress in full view of all other deities.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Diogines posted:

*indignant quackery*

Mmm. I guess there are other ways we could help you overcome your sudden and inevitable betrayal addiction to souls.

Perhaps the next big civics project can be the Rehab of the Gods. Considering some of our Pantheon members, it might not be such a bad idea. :v:

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
We don't need any rehab, we are perfectly functional.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
These created things seem alright. Go live the lives of mortal beings. First a cat, then a human, then a dog. Not a duck, though. Duckgod is dead to me. Also, he's the god of the dead, a dead duck, ducking duties.

Goals: find beauty, consume substances, be chill, share my timeless wisdom.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

JesterOfAmerica posted:

We don't need any rehab, we are perfectly functional.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter for further details. :allears:

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Blasphemaster posted:

The Drunk of Goddenness decides that things are getting a bit too orderly and clean. All plant life is altered to contain semi-divine substances that when consumed, provide a minor version of the intoxicating effect of the given plant to the creature's patron deity. The effect is cumulative and only dissipates when said deity dances a jig in a funny dress in full view of all other deities.

What? Oh no :ohdear: I can't have my creatures be slowed from the plants they feed on. Do godlets count for this? Well, no helping it. I hope this dress is funny enough. But I don't like being in full view so it's just going to be a really short jig and then I'm going to run and hide.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Scribbleykins posted:

Constellator
The new Starchmen were as suited for the depths of space as the Potatoes had ever been, but were now able to seek companionship without fear of exploding.

Stuffmeister

Stuffmeister looks on with wonder at the new Starchmen! While Stuffmeister didn't birth them itself, they did at least partially come from Stuff. Stuffmeister gazes on into the less than voidy Void, which has slowly but surely filling with more Stuff. As the Void surrounds known space, it won't be long until the Starchmen start looking into the Stuff itself, and by extension themselves.

Stuffmeister grants the Starchmen (and Starchmen only) the ability to use and manipulate Void Stuff

Divinity Point: 7

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Scribbleykins posted:

Mmm. I guess there are other ways we could help you overcome your sudden and inevitable betrayal addiction to souls.

Perhaps the next big civics project can be the Rehab of the Gods. Considering some of our Pantheon members, it might not be such a bad idea. :v:
I am only eating a small portion of souls and i can *belch-quack* stop any time I want to. Ugh, I think that one was a little too spicy...

TacoNight posted:

These created things seem alright. Go live the lives of mortal beings. First a cat, then a human, then a dog. Not a duck, though. Duckgod is dead to me. Also, he's the god of the dead, a dead duck, ducking duties.

Goals: find beauty, consume substances, be chill, share my timeless wisdom.
Ducking duties? Excuse me! I was the first God to fight to protect mortals from divine abuse, risking my own Divinity in the process! I even called for your backup! I would still be the Lord of Feathers if any God came to my aid...

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Dear Constellator and Stuffmeister,

I notice your new Starchmen zipping around the Void, and congratulate you on a most wondrous creation. They seem pretty cool! The Massive Space Potatoes were intriguing, but of little interest to me so long as they could not seek companionship without exploding; the Starchmen, however, being able to congregate and form societies, demand my attention.

As you may know, I have recently arranged the comets and asteroids and meteors and other assorted Space Detritus into a pattern which I find pleasing and meaningful, and have created the Tick-Tocks in order to maintain that pattern - one not unchanging but rather intricate in design. As the Starchmen who inhabit the Void and the Space Detritus that hangs within that Void may one day come into contact, I would like to propose an agreement - if the Starchmen will agree not to start changing the Patterns Of Detritus, I will instruct the Tick-Tocks to do nothing to obstruct their Void travels or their work with Voidstuff. Indeed, I would be delighted to see certain of the larger asteroids serve as planting fields for more Starch to grow.

I hope that this agreement is amenable to you both, and moreso, that one way or the other I might soon receive word from you. I see no reason that our desires need not align.

Cordially,

The Opener of the Ways

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Endow a small fraction of the humans with magic power and altered form. The superiority complex will form naturally.

Pointy ears optional.

Divinity: 2

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Arkanomen posted:

So you're cool with me mucking up your Squid dream guardians?

It happens.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Dear The Opener of the Ways

Stuffmeister says Dont Start None, Won't Be None. Pending Constellator's input the Stuffmeister is otherwise okay with the agreement.

Regards,
The Stuffmeister

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Dear The Opener of the Ways,

Our interests align. The Starchmen will be asked to accommodate your designs. Carry on.

Sincerely,

The Constellator

Battle Royale Baby posted:

Stuffmeister grants the Starchmen (and Starchmen only) the ability to use and manipulate Void Stuff

C-c-c-creation combo. :respek:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The Lightningfolk remember. The Lightningfolk will always remember. For this, they are grateful to their creator, at least for the time being, and they are also proud and happy to assist in the recording of history thaks to the largesse of the Pantocrater.

The Tardigrades are fruitful and multiply. The shores teem wth a multitude of microscopic water bears.

The First Sea Lord again reveals himself to his squiddly creations, and grants them stewardship of dreams, floating on sleeping or stoned subconscious waves as easily as those of the water. The Adversary, with consent, introduced a more nightmarish element, which unfortunately for it ended up channelling yet more negative emotions into it.

Continuing the trend linking strange visions to the sea, the Abominator seeded the world with bits of duckcat, whispering hallucinations to get people to throw them into the sea, where they spiralled together deep in the dickbuttian abyss.

Out in the asteroid belt beyond the moons, and deep in the void beyond the Oort cloud, new species were wrought, and fresh alliances forged. The Potatoes were reforged into the Starchmen, waiting in the sky, and gifted with the ability to shape Voidstuff. Within the Detritus Patterns, the Tick-Tocks scuttled, shaping and maintaining them faithfully in accordance with the whim of the Opener of the Ways. The Opener, Constellator and Stuffmeister looked upon their own and each others' creations, and formed a pact of co-operative non-interference, their cooperation invigorating them.

Upon the pleasantly warm duck moon, the Mallard of Mortality endeavoured to strengthen his position, tempting souls with paradise. Leery of the bloated soul-eater, there were nonetheless those willing to take the Mallard up on the offer.

Floating trees began to colonise the oceans, drawing interest from the creatures below and those on Nibiru Firma. Reception was generally positive. Out from their roots, shoals of seabourne Hunted to provide quarry and sustenance for those in the deeps.

Back on solid ground, or slightly above it, Laughter sprites began hosting comedy nights, improv sessions, and running slapstick routines. Fortunately it proved easy to elicit laughter from their buzzed audiences, which benefited them and their creator.

Solid ground itself was getting a makeover, with plains and valleys between the mountains. These flatter, gentler areas proved to be a big hit, and soon grew populous and vibrant with both mobile and sessile life. Beings did indeed look up to the mountains now that living on them wasn't mandatory.

The Drunk of Goddenness tried to reach out and bleed through intoxicants to other godlets, but things did not go according to plan. It seemed that the act of consuming an intoxicant was in and of itself a very minor act of worship for which it was the patron deity. Every time anything on the entirety of Nibiru consumed any plant matter, the intoxicating effect went straight to the Drunk of Goddenness itself, accumulating and refusing to dissipate. For some reason, no other godlet or deity was the least bit affected. Strange, that.

One of the Godlets incarnated onto Nibiru, becoming an Atrocity living out a succession of pleasant, interesting lives, as a Firstborn, Human and canine, both experiencing what it was to be them but also sharing wisdom and seeking beauty. The experience was highly beneficial for both it and the mortals, providing a surprising amount of divine power.

A strange metamorphosis overtook a fraction of humanity, making them into slighter, more gracile variants, blessed with the magical ability to consume plants without losing clarity, and to lower the buildup of toxic substances in others. These Detoxers proved to be a valuable part of their community, but because they were different, a superiority complex naturally formed amongst regular humans, especially those originating from a position of ignorance. Detoxers were belittled and insulted, but they were not entirely without acceptance, particularly from their friends, family, neighbours and those who had the chance to actually know them as people.

RandomPaul gets 1 divinity and the title, Lovespreader.
DivineCoffeebinge gets 1 divinity for creating the Tick-tocks and 1 divinity for the Void Pact.
Kyyp gets 1 divinity.
Shogeton gets 1 divinity and the title, Master of the Wild Hunted.
TheNabster gets 1 divinity for creating non-mountainous terrain, and 1 divinity from the gratitude of everything that prefers it to mountains.
TacoNight gets 3 divinity for Incarnation.
Tran gets 1 divinity and the title, Invoker of Prejudice.

The Lightning Lord gets 2 divinity, for his people will never forget his gifts.
The Pantocrater gets 1 divinity for providing a permanent record of everything with the help of the Lightningfolk, and their happiness at being named the Curecrators of History.
The First Sea Lord gets 2 divinity for revelation and divine commission to the Squiddly Custodians.
The Adversary gains the status: emotion-glutted.
The Abominator gets 1 divinity from revelatory whispers and pilgrimages to chuck bits of catduck to where they can join the vortex.
The Mallard of Mortality gets the status: Fortified Sanctum, and 1 divinity for preferential afterlives
The Comedienne gets 2 divinity from the efforts of laughter sprite comedy troupes.
The Drunk of Goddenness gets the status: Exponential Intoxication and the status: Completely Sozzled.
The Constellator gets 1 divinity in gratitude from the now-sociable Starchmen and 1 divinity for the Void Pact.
The Stuffmeister gets 1 divinity for empowering the Starchmen and 1 divinity for the Void Pact

Proceed, Godlets

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Anyone want to form an alliance with the Sea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
The Adversary

Tired of simply feasting on the negative and taking a page from the duck guy, I consume the souls in their entirety, of course after stripping them of all emotions besides pain and fear. Have to keep the Underworld powered.

No paperwork, no returns. What I take is mine.

• Locked thread