Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
The Opener of the Ways was pleased with the direction of his work thus far, and with the Void Pact; indeed, it would have to recall the Stuffmeister's words. "Don't start none, won't be none." What a charming turn of phrase. But the Detritus remained static; while the Tick-Tocks grew abundant, they were creatures of maintenance. What was called for now were creatures who could strive.

And so several of the larger asteroids were hollowed out, their innards transformed into living beings. Short, due to the smaller confines of their demense; sturdy, for they were created from the very stones; intelligent, for they sit within the Pattern and cannot help but be affected by it. Creating the Tick-Tocks helps the Opener maintain the Pattern, but creating the Squats gives him someone to show the Pattern to. Other beings throughout the cosmos may look upon the Pattern and achieve enlightenment by discovering mathematics and an understanding of the universe's underlying physical laws, or they may not; for them, the Pattern is merely potential. For the Squats, it is home, and they cannot help but study it. Indeed, it is what they are built for.

The Opener is almost ready to live up to his title.

Divinity:11
Bound by the Void Pact

Has a Cunning Plan, Milord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
The Comedienne

Looking upon the Sprites pleased the Comedienne as it worked as a proof of concept for her big project. She gave the Sprites the power of Spelltaire with this power reality will change to make a joke true, based on the amount of laughter created from the joke.

After creating this the Comedienne asked the Sprites to share this power as far and wide as they could.

Creating Spelltaire

Divinity: 9

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Guide the Detoxers to the newly created floating isles, where only they are adapted to survive.

All the better to foster their hatred against those that shun them.

Invoker of Prejudice
Divinity: 3

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Anyone want to form an alliance with the Sea?

Well, there's a newly created human variant with the ability to safely drink seawater and a grudge against the normals. So possible foothold on land alliance?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I will gift them gills.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
The Pantocrater looked upon the works of the deities and Godlets and the toil of mortals and once again saw a dire emergency in the making. All over creation, the Peoples of the world lacked yet another primary containment measure, that most basic need of Shelter.

From The Great Catalog of Crates did the Pantocrater pick and choose the most fitting boxes for all to enjoy.

For the cats; Finest cardboard filled with stuff they can dig out at their leisure and promptly ignore.

For the dogs, crates made of fire-resistant wood made to resemble the profane temples of the Adversary.

For the Steveguttenburgeians, Secure Containment Units fastened with the highest quality adastuffian-chains to the bottom of the oceans.

For the sprites, colorful boxes with imaginative patterns, sometimes wrapped or sometimes with a humorous card attached.

For the things that hide and crawl and slither, the Pantocrater sent boxes made of shell in many different shapes and sizes. Strong enough to protect from errant claws but light enough that they might be moved from hiding spot to hiding spot without to much extra effort.

For the Catducks, wooden crates that exploded into twigs upon impact that they might build their own dreamnests.

For the Tick-tocks, metal cargo containers with blinking LED's and GPS tracking.

For the Lightnings, metal boxes were the layers all sported alternating resistances, that they might arc to and throe at their leisure.

For the Starchmen, crates covered in aluminum foil to shield them from spaceborne radiation.

For what few Giant Potatoes remained, boxes made entirely out of explosion-proof-hemp.

For the humans, huge, brutal modular crates made out of concrete to protect them from all manner of strangeness.

For the squids, crates enhanced with adaptive camouflage.

For the fishes and the things that swim, the Pantocrater simply sent a million corral-filled loot-crates to impact with Nibiru, trusting that they would work out the finer details on their own.
I think that is all of them? Sorry if I missed any!

In this way this The Pantocrater contain all that lived.
In this way were mortals sheltered.

The Pantocrater
Divinity 10

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

So much new land, but it all felt a bit barren. Though it wasn't long before the plants on the mountains spread into the hills and plains, growing larger as they did. Some even spreading off the newly formed coasts into the oceans. At the center of one of these new forests, a massive tree that cut through the clouds.

Divinity: 2

Kyyp fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 1, 2016

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

For each home, I make a couch, that I might crash on it. I encourage hospitality and bumming around among the mortals.

Divinity 7

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
The Adversary is feeling particularly grumpy this turn and in addition to just taking the souls that come to me without paperwork and eating the ones that come to my domain , I mess up the delivery tags for the houses so brings all over the Omniverse are getting the wrong houses

up urs Pantsincater!

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 1, 2016

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
For every shelter not under the sea, an aquarium with an adorable fish in it. For every shelter under the sea, a terrarium with a tiny human in it.

Sea Lord: 11

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Okay to clarify

I'm taking two actions.

First is ignoring/ defying the warehouse and just taking the souls i'm due without filing paperwork and just eating all the good bits before tossing them into the Underworld where their suffering will empower me and then eating the souls before they leave.

Second is mucking up housing delivery by randomly shuffling the delivery tags because i'm a dick.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Pantocrater, someone is trying to steal souls from a most Holy Divine Process! Why would the Most Merciful Mallard of Mortality agree to let souls be routed through you first if you won't protect them? I have kept my end of the deal but he is mucking up your end!

I suggest you abandon your action and we work on something together to rescue those souls the Adversary is denying passage to the Warehouse!

If you want our deal to stick, we need to take joint action to stop this.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Kyyp posted:

So much new land, but it all felt a bit barren. Though it wasn't long before the plants on the mountains spread into the hills and plains, growing larger as they did. Some even spreading off the newly formed coasts into the oceans. At the center of one of these new forests, a massive tree that cut through the clouds.

Divinity: 2

"Yes, yes this will do. I shall make this my canvas!"

And between the giant trees we shall lay the placements for the smaller of plants, the grasses, the flowers, the creeping vines, delicately layering them over the foundation of great oaken giants, to bring such variety and colour to this newly shaped world.

"One is an artiste at heart"

Divinity: 3

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Arkanomen posted:

[b] Okay to clarify

I'm taking two actions.

First is ignoring/ defying the warehouse and just taking the souls i'm due without filing paperwork and just eating all the good bits before tossing them into the Underworld where their suffering will empower me and then eating the souls before they leave
There are no forms for you to fill out or anything to do. The Box God collects them, /I/ have to do some paperwork and if they worship you and want to go to you, you will get them back.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Diogines posted:

Pantocrater, someone is trying to steal souls from a most Holy Divine Process! Why would the Most Merciful Mallard of Mortality agree to let souls be routed through you first if you won't protect them? I have kept my end of the deal but he is mucking up your end!

I suggest you abandon your action and we work on something together to rescue those souls the Adversary is denying passage to the Warehouse!

If you want our deal to stick, we need to take joint action to stop this.

Agreed.

The Adversary has gone too far. He needs a time-out. I ask that you bless this, my new Greatest Work.

The Pantocrater looked upon the machinations of the One-Against-All, saw his ambition mired in the the swamp of sorrows that was the emotion of those he had et. These emotions The Pantocrater diluted and thus crafted an Enormous Featurless Box made entirely of out angst with which to hold the Adversary until very many arbitrary time units had passed indeed.

The Pantocrater is taking a secondary action to thwart the Adversary by putting him in a big box of sad.
Divinity 10

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Ithink it's thunderdome Time. I'm not getting in that box, oh no. I think it is you who shall find themselves in the box!

Thunderdome the PantsCreator: 1d20+7: 20

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

A tall tree, bridging the heavens and the ground? This is good, that the creatures of below may come to meet even the highest lightnings. That the Deep Lightnings and the Celestial Lightnings might mingle with ease.

Let this tree have heartwood of copper and gold, so that lightningfolk may travel through it without causing it harm. And though this tree be a place of life and joyous intercourse, may it also be a place of remembrance and mourning.

When the burdens of memory become too great to bear, memory of lives cut short and of lives cruelly extended by gleeful gods, come to this tree and cry forth your tears of ash. Even as you drink of the sorrows contained within the tree, your tears will nourish its roots and make it grow taller and stronger.

In this way suffering will never again be in vain.

Let's get an Niburuian Juniperhighway going. I'm concerned that the justification is a bit weak, but I really want lightningfolk to shed fertilizer sort of like how irl lightning does, but with more fantastic material than a mixture of ozone and nitrogen oxides.

Lighting Lord, divinity 10

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Oh hey I almost forgot. If I take an overextension penalty for this, so be it. Hopefully not, since I'm directing mortals rather than taking direct action, but we'll see.

Direct the Tick-Tocks to create Farming Plots on several asteroids to provide the Starchmen a safe place to make more Starchmen.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
This is clearly an Age of Giving. Which is why the Adversary is being the Grinch.

Constellator

The Constellator wiped oceanic sweat drops from its massive furrowed brow. Once, it had toiled to create seven heavens. Now it sought an even more ambitious goal. Where one godlet had incarnated to become mortal for a time, the Constellator sought instead to give the mortals a taste of the divine experience. With incredible care and precision, the Constellator poured magic into as many stars as it could. Henceforth, these Lucky Stars would carry a cosmic wave, radiating with the divinity of a god or even strong-willed godlet, and granting some random blessing to any child born directly under that particular star's wavelength.

Adversary-born could be stronger or smarter when adversarial.
The Kindly Dark-born could wrap themselves in darkness whenever they wanted a cozy nap.
Constellator-born could chart the heavens at a glance or always know their place in the cosmos.
Pantocrater-born could always know if the contents of a box would be worth it before spending time praying for it to open.
Mallard of Mortality-born could bureaucratically haggle the odd soul out of Varuhalla.
Sea Lord-born could summon fish or control dihydrogen monoxide.
Ice Lord-born could chill out, or give others the chills.
Lightning Lord-born could move like greased lightning (if they weren't already).
The Abominator-born could have no problems freaking their friends out with party tricks.
The Drunk of Goddenness-born could conjure beer and schnapps at will.
Stuffmeister-born could be able to summon and shape different Stuff.
Comedienne-born could be blessed with a rapier-sharp wit or always know the best punchline.

And these were just a few options. The ways in which magic and the divine potential could interact with mortal lives were practically endless. Many mortals would come to thank the Lucky Star they'd been born under.

I stole a schtick. It was too good not to.

Div = 13

Scribbleykins fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 1, 2016

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
If there is an empty spot in the pantheon after adversary and pantocrator fight, I'mma hop in there and claim a comfy seat.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

The Drunk of Goddenness is really glad with how that one backfired. He decides to double down and display the silly dances in the sky for all to see, the sight of which engenders a need to get stoned in all sapient viewers. He wonders if compound exponential growth is a thing.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

"What part of DO NOT MESS WITH SOULS was unclear?! You could eat them anyway you lunatic but the Mallard of Mortality will not abide this sacrilege! IF YOU WANT YOUR SOULS FOLLOW THE RULES!"

Pictured above, an ANGRY Mallard of Mortality!

Through me you go to the grief wracked city!
Through me you go to everlasting pain! Through me you go a pass among lost souls!
Nothing till I was made was made!
FOR I AM DEATH!

I enhance the Pantocrater's efforts to lock away the Adversary by exploiting the three Adversary's status of (1)emotion-glutted, (2)sorrowful and (3) tormented!

How?

By exploiting my role as the Mallard of Mortality which includes judging the actions of non-mortal beings and turning the box into HELL! I declare the Adversary GUILTY of a breach of Divine Law! It will be a place of torment, fueled by all the horrible emotions from the fear the Adversary has caused and his three statuses! I try to strip away as much of his divine power as possible as we seal him away and by doing so expand my powers to include the concept of Death!

Are we supposed to roll our own dice? I saw the Adversary did. If so...

1d20+12...

[Rolls]

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
If anyone wants to gang up on either side, add your divinity to the respective rolls!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

TacoNight posted:

If there is an empty spot in the pantheon after adversary and pantocrator fight, I'mma hop in there and claim a comfy seat.

It seems trying to claim it early will just earn you the 'knocking on the Pantheon's door' divinity award. The Adversary's the only one who could fall below the 5 divinity requirement for Pantheon-hood, given that he's sitting on... 9 divinity now, I think? I do believe he forgot to add the 2 he got from beating up The Humanitarian, at least.

Blasphemaster posted:

The Drunk of Goddenness is really glad with how that one backfired. He decides to double down and display the silly dances in the sky for all to see, the sight of which engenders a need to get stoned in all sapient viewers. He wonders if compound exponential growth is a thing.

The Drunk of Goddenness is itself the gift that keeps on giving.

Div/0! error

Huh. There's that thing again.

Diogines posted:

*furious quetching quacks*

If anybody's not been mentally overlaying the equivalent of this every time Diogines posts, you've probably been missing out.

It's that or Daffy. Either works, really.

grief quacked city

AJ_Impy posted:

If anyone wants to gang up on either side, add your divinity to the respective rolls!

Do only the instigator and defender risk losing divinity? Are gods and godlets free to pile on in, if they wanted to, at no risk?

I'm only asking because in that case, haha oh man is that thin ice we've standing on this entire time?

Scribbleykins fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 2, 2016

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

The Master of the Wild Hunted carefully observed the boxes that were given. They were hard and nice, and they could be taken along. This seemed nice. Yeah, these boxers weren't too...

And then one of the other gods they were busy sealing him in the middle of one of those very boxes.

they were traps!

He quickly advised all the critters to be wary of the boxes. No, resisting and blocking the claws of the hunters was never the right way. Be swift, be quiet, be nimble. Anything that slowed you down was killing you. And what can shield you can trap you. And hadn't the Adversary made the dogs who were one of the only things that chased away the cruelty of cats? And he was powerful right, having defeated already one god. Maybe if everyone was angry at him, they wouldn't look at him, like a cat overlooks a mouse when there's a dog. And oh dear. The one who's helping the Pantocrater is death? Death is BAD!

And so the Master of the Wild Hunted quietly dug underneath the earth and into the tunnels that were there. And very quietly, and very sneakily he tried to dig a little hole in the box, hoping nobody would notice.

Not sure if this counts as throwing my weight behind the Adversary, or a seperate action which would mitigate a loss for him? But well, trying to do that. I'll leave it up to people if they can find out that the Master of the Wild Hunted is doing this

Liberate/aid the Adversary: 1d20+4 21
if I don't roll, then it's just a +4 of course

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 2, 2016

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Join with me and we shall all reap the rewards of free souls. Souls are meant to fly free, unbound and unrestricted by something as mundane as rules and laws. A Warehouse, hah!

LET THE SOULS OF THE MORTALS BE FREE FROM THE ENDLESS TORMENT OF BUREAUCRACY! FREE YOURSELF OF TYRANT GODS, WHIRLING DIVINITY AS A CUDGEL AGAINST US.

You only have your chains to lose.

The Adversary Instead Leverages his statuses to exude the fear and torment he has collected to drag any attacking god down with him while also leveraging any fear his allies feel by stripping it away.

Emotions for all, torment for those who attack me.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Stuffmeister is phone posting but Stuffmeister wants to make his Void Stuff move fast in the void. It's still a near infinite space but now the Void Stuff can and usually is pretty much anywhere and nowhere at the same time.

What this implies for the Starchmen remains to be seen.

Divinity Point: 9

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 2, 2016

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

TacoNight posted:

If want that slot, then get in here and help us!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Mallard, were you not wronged by the very gods you now supplicate to? Was it not they who cast you down? Why do you strike against one who would help you live free as you wish. I am not commuting any offense to the souls save freeing them from barbaric cataloging and torture within the lifeless and remorseless warehouse.

All souls should be cherished and appreciated for their uniqueness, not stuff in boxes, filed, bleached and sent along to another life. That truly is the graver sin.

Turn you arms to the real threat. Breech Heaven through Violence. Join me

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Shogeton posted:

The Master of the Wild Hunted carefully observed the boxes that were given. They were hard and nice, and they could be taken along. This seemed nice. Yeah, these boxers weren't too...

And then one of the other gods they were busy sealing him in the middle of one of those very boxes.

they were traps!

He quickly advised all the critters to be wary of the boxes. No, resisting and blocking the claws of the hunters was never the right way. Be swift, be quiet, be nimble. Anything that slowed you down was killing you. And what can shield you can trap you. And hadn't the Adversary made the dogs who were one of the only things that chased away the cruelty of cats? And he was powerful right, having defeated already one god. Maybe if everyone was angry at him, they wouldn't look at him, like a cat overlooks a mouse when there's a dog. And oh dear. The one who's helping the Pantocrater is death? Death is BAD!

And so the Master of the Wild Hunted quietly dug underneath the earth and into the tunnels that were there. And very quietly, and very sneakily he tried to dig a little hole in the box, hoping nobody would notice.

Not sure if this counts as throwing my weight behind the Adversary, or a seperate action which would mitigate a loss for him? But well, trying to do that. I'll leave it up to people if they can find out that the Master of the Wild Hunted is doing this

Liberate/aid the Adversary: 1d20+4 21

You got it all wrong! The Mallard is a GOOD GUY! He is guarding mortal souls from abuse. What is the alternative? Every God mistreating them? I mostly send souls to eternal paradise! I was the first God to fight to protect mortals when the Abominator tried to turn mortals into unnatural monsters! The Adversary is literally abducting mortal souls and torturing them! That is really, really messed up!

Won't you please, think of the Mortals?

You are helping the wrong side!

If you care about mortals help our side! The opposition is literally a "god" whose entire purpose is to screw up whatever you do! Do you really want him sticking around?

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 2, 2016

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Hold on now,

I challenged the Pankrator, so only he can fight me in the Thunder dome.

I'm at 20 + 4 from wild hunt. (Maybe 22 if i'm at 9 instead of 7. Have to check.

Thuam is rolling against me with a +11 + 12 from mallard.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Diogines posted:

You got it all wrong! The Mallard is a GOOD GUY! He is guarding mortal souls from abuse. What is the alternative? Every God mistreating them? I mostly send souls to eternal paradise! I was the first God to fight to protect mortals when the Abominator tried to turn mortals into unnatural monsters! The Adversary is literally abducting mortal souls and torturing them! That is really, really messed up!

Won't you please, think of the Mortals?

You are helping the wrong side!

I do not torture souls unjustly! Only the dark and twisted and evil come to my domain. All souls I touch accepted their fate.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Sorry mates, but I need to secure a future of lesser soul regulation to allow for my plans for terrible horrible soul rending essence cancers and whatnot. So lemme just tear at the reality our target inhabits for a bit.

FYI I'll be expecting a nice cabinet position in the Pantheon if we win.

Aid the Adversary: 1d20+6 23

Role: The Abominator
Divinity: 6

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

If I'm reading things correctly - and admittedly I may not be - when AJ Impy said "If anyone wants to gang up on either side, add your divinity to the respective rolls!" he meant you do just that - add your Divinity without making a separate roll yourself.

Also Diogines, it may be helpful in future to have a link to your roll, assuming you used an online dice roller, in your post; as it stands now I have no idea where that roll came from. Not that I think you're cheating or anything - anyone who would cheat at a CYOA really needs to examine their life choices - but still, easier to take the question out of the equation entirely IMHO.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Current Fight

Adversary
13+9+4+6 =32

Pankrator
???+11+12=????

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You all have a very important decision to make.

This is not Law versus Chaos.
This is not Good versus Evil.
This is not even Mortal Lovers versus Mortal Haters.

Fundamentally this is People Who Like The Cosmos Not Being poo poo, VERSUS, People Who Like to Ruin poo poo.

On one side is a creator of immortal monsters who are going to eventually destroy all the mortal-world things you make. And the Adversary, who is also going to eventually destroy all the mortal-world things you make.

Do you like things you make being destroyed? If you do, you should join them.

If you do not like things you make being destroyed, you really should help us. Because if we go down here, the writing on the wall is pretty clear.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Also Diogines, it may be helpful in future to have a link to your roll, assuming you used an online dice roller, in your post; as it stands now I have no idea where that roll came from. Not that I think you're cheating or anything - anyone who would cheat at a CYOA really needs to examine their life choices - but still, easier to take the question out of the equation entirely IMHO.[/i]
I was on my cell but I used physical dice. Is there one specific dice roller we should use?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Diogines posted:

I was on my cell but I used physical dice. Is there one specific dice roller we should use?

Physical Dice are the best, it's true - but a lot of times you'll see people using http://orokos.com/roll/ for their dice rolls because it provides a link so you can say "yep, that actually is what they rolled" and roll history so suspicious types can look and go "dude why did you roll seventeen times before the roll you actually posted I call shenanigans."

(it's seriously not a big deal as a general rule, but I've seen enough people get Way Too Heated about this poo poo, so I'm trying to preemptively make sure that doesn't happen)

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Such textbook flapping of childlike Morality. I stand not for destruction but freedom and change.

The waterfowl would have you think my goal would be to simply trash existence into a chaotic slurry. Nothing could be further from truth. I am the force of balance in the cosmos. The Pankrator would have you all in little boxes, nearly organized, labeled, controlled. Do you want to be controlled by a singular lord above all?

I aim to topple a tyrant, to free the souls of the mortals from their boxes, to free them from being erased and processed into mush. So much beauty, wonder and love all wiped away like the remainder of droppings from the rear of an animal. It wrenches my tormented heart to see such injustice.

I will admit, my domain is the underworld, filled with screaming souls and vicious hellhounds, but without a place to punish the cruel, the vile, the evil where would they go? Where is karmic retribution? I strip the souls of their anguish and let the balance of the universe be restored. I even take that suffering into myself so that the rest of of the multiverse is not burdened with its illness.

I ask you to stand with me as we break the tyrannical hold the Pankrator has on souls, with his papers and filing and cleansing. No more we say!

No more!

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
As someone well on the way to fathering the fuckin' deep ones, I think I'm pretty well on team eldritch horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Physical Dice are the best, it's true - but a lot of times you'll see people using http://orokos.com/roll/ for their dice rolls because it provides a link so you can say "yep, that actually is what they rolled" and roll history so suspicious types can look and go "dude why did you roll seventeen times before the roll you actually posted I call shenanigans."

(it's seriously not a big deal as a general rule, but I've seen enough people get Way Too Heated about this poo poo, so I'm trying to preemptively make sure that doesn't happen)

I generally prefer the DM to do the dice rolling but if we want to use that, sure. I never really use Orokos before but if we are rolling our own dice I shall sign up for the future!

Did I just out the fact I keep dice on me at work? Crap...

• Locked thread