Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung

Wang Long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung

Wang Long

It is strange to want to adapt a system of government by a country that would want to hang you for disobedience. Perhaps a government that is properly following the teachings of the great philosopher might be better in ruling, but that is neither here or there. I do hope that those that govern do so justly and receive the Divine Mandate to rule. Lest this land descend into a bloody civil war.
I therefore propose that we do not whole heartedly just regurgitate the government on the east of this continent, but instead create something new even if we use the same foundation.

ultimately going to abstain on this one.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung

Wang Long

Fascinating, those that wish to continue with the American tradition ought to support expanding the franchise to everyone as even in your founding document states, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness." This is a completely revolutionary statement. One that embodies the American spirit you so proudly proclaim, but has never truly been reached. The Negro in servitude in the east is unable to fully participate in the American narrative as he is considered only 3/5th of a person, but we can rectify that mistake.

We also have various people here in this land that aren't Anglo and won't be able to participate in this nation at all due to the color of their skin, but if we were to apply that ideal the Anglos hold highly. They ought to have a voice in this nation. Thus, expanding the franchise is being consistent with what your Founding Fathers sought to do. It is imperative unless this generation fails in the standard they brought up and thus I wholeheartedly endorse E.

Religion is a personal matter and not one that a state ought to interfere in unless it is a threat to the public good. 3

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung

Wang Long

I must say, I assumed we already decided to give the franchise to all, but it appeared there were those that disagreed. No matter. I prefer it if the state does not have a say at all on religious matters as it needs to be divorced entirely from that operation. It should follow from that the right to vote be available to all men and as we voted earlier to all women as well. Granted, this may seem to be counter intuitive for me and my people as we are all majority of men, but I realize that civil society needs everyone to be able to fully participate in it. The state must submit to the will of the people and denying half of the population that right to enforce their will is wrong. Nonetheless, there maybe those hesitant to it, but if we can create the conditions to prove to the population that women deserve the right to participate in the political right down the line. We need to, at least, have a strong foundation for it. Therefore, I put my support for 1 and failing that 2.

B for unicameral

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung

Wang Long

Hmm, it is strange you want to push a plan that will deny the Californios more chances for representation. Making citizenship require one language while we have various prominent individuals who speak say Spanish and want to ensure more of their Spanish speaking population are able to immigrate here, but cannot even be part of this country due to the fact English is a requirement is discrimination. To even propose an alternative to this plan seems to invite hysteria to some who believe it'll destroy everything and anything, yet, I believe we'll survive. Indeed, some are saying of some craze foreign wave that will overrun California despite the fact the Mormons are coming in large numbers to settle here. The English speaking population will survive. Business will continue on despite some hysteria and all. Therefore, I support open citizenship. It allows anyone of non-English speaking tongues the ability to start the process to become Californians.

I am partial to Fremont's map proposal too.

Edit - We should elect the president and have it be decided by the people directly.

B - Open Citizenship/Fremont Map

Option 2 - Direct Democracy

Ramba Ral fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 3, 2016

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung

Wang Long

I believe the second option for electing a president is the most fairest of all plans. Nonetheless, it will require us to set a day as a national holiday so that we can allow everyone to vote.

Option 2 - Direct Democracy

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung

Wang Long

As this convention is winding down and it'll end up going to the legislative floor, I am planning on setting in Nueva Helvetia. I am throwing my hat in as a governor as both seats of the senate has been claimed so far.

I do suggest a simple amendment to set the age of voting to the age of being able to join the military, which is the age of 16. If one old enough to fight and serve for California, then he should have the right to vote.

I only propose this as we have removed the age requirement of voting. It gives the person enough time to be educated enough to become good Republican citizens and contribute to the nation itself in their due democratic process.

I approve Stockton's property rights amendment.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung

Wang Long

Once again, I am planning on settling in Nueva Helvetia. To reiterate, I am throwing my hat in as a governor for that state too as part of the Republican Party

I suggest we name the state Sierra.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung

Wang Long

At a Chinese tea house in New Helvetia, there are several men and women of various races arguing about whether Sieyes was counterrevolutionary for supporting Napoleon's rise and a betrayal. Wang Long raises his hand, "The goal of the Revolution was to free bourgeois social relations, which they did. The Jacobins that proceeded them, barring Robespierre, botched the revolution and set it back in crucial ways. Napoleon furthered that. He was revolutionary."

The conversation continues on until another round of tea has been served and several speak up. Wang finishes his tea. "This is why Sierra will be a grand state. It will be a state that has the values of Enlightenment and Industry. We shall be a sea of liberalism, science, and learning. Also, a place where we will focus as a hot bed of industry and through this industrial revolution, become known as hard workers, where we will apply what we learned of the Enlightenment to this. We are rich because we have the most valuable resource: Free labor!" Everyone urges to continue drinking and asks for another round before going on to questions of Bourgeois Coldness.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung

Wang Long

quote:

Dear Brigham Young,

I am sorry that I cannot attend in full but, I have left some food from Kwangtung where I grew up. These are basically steamed pastries with filling inside. We may have disagreements, and I disagree with what you say and all, but I will fight for your right to say it. Perhaps we can work toward cooperating between our two states down the line.

-WL

quote:

Dear Charles Lucien Bonaparte

Congratulations on becoming Vice President! I am heading over to govern the state of Sierra which I am heading over at the moment. I believe our goals are the same and do hope to work closely with you in the coming days. Indeed, I am looking to set up a tea house where we can debate all those ideas of Smith, Kant, and Rousseau, whenever you come to visit. Do let me know ahead of time, and if you acquire any interesting literature, send it over, I shall try to do the same for you too.

-WL

Constitution of the State of Sierra

It appears to follow some of the other states constitutions with notable exceptions:

Abolishment of Slavery:
Men are born and remain free and equal in rights. Social distinctions may be founded only upon the general good. Therefore, any slave found in the state of Sierra is to be free, and any person who is bonded that is passing through here is free.
Right to Property:
Since property is an inviolable and sacred right, no one shall be deprived thereof except where public necessity, legally determined, shall clearly demand it, and then only on condition that the owner shall have been previously and equitably indemnified.
Right to maintain a militia:
The State of Sierra shall have a right to form and maintain a well regulated militia, under the command of the governor of the state, for the defense of the state against insurrection, rebellion, or invasion, but no person with religious objection to bearing arms shall be compelled to serve.
Appointment of Senators:
Senators as they represent the interest of the state in the federal government are to be appointed by the general will of the people in a popular vote.
Term Limits:
Elections for the position of governor shall be every six years, and once elected will serve office on the second Monday of January.

Gold Mining License Act
The State of Sierra will sell at a modest fee the right to mine at a claim. Funds from this will be used to create a department to oversee the enforcement of these claims and adjudicate them. Any extra funds gathered will go to ensuring the public good.

2 AP for Feast
5 AP to customize the Constitution
1 AP to acquire a tea house
2 AP and 1 influence as governor for the Gold Mining License Act

Ramba Ral fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Dec 10, 2016

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung
:siren:Elsewhere in California!:siren:

Wang Long

From the Office of the Governor of Sierra

People of Sierra, we have finally finished designing a flag that showcases the unique heritage of our state.

This was designed by a person named Me!
He submitted a note with the flag to denote what it stands for.

"the red is from the current California flag (not the same color) and represents courage and strength
the yellow color and the stripe at the bottom represents gold
the big star represents sovereignty from Mexico
the two yellow stars represent the 2 immigration groups (blacks and Chinese)
the grey stripe represents industry
and finally the white stripe represents enlightenment."

Afterwards, Wang Long takes some notes he got from the Federal capital on various things. Taking notes and all. He wonders what is happening in Mariposa. But dismisses it as something that'll be very boring and he has a job to do.

OOC wanted to credit the guy who designed the flag so that is his username and all.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung

Wang Long

Letter to Manuel Sanjurjo, Governor of Golden Bay

Dear Sanjurjo,

I finally had time to sit down and write you a letter. I do wish I had better news to relay about Fremont. He is still ill. With him being silent, it comes down to us rank and file to continue on in his legacy. I don't know if you will hear the news before it arrives, but I heard what happened in Mariposa.

I do believe we need to respond as a party to this event, but in principle in the manner that our founder would want. Therefore, I have decided to call all members of our Republican party down to the capital. I am working toward securing a space to be our party headquarters. It is actually opposite of the King Dragon Tea House in Nueva Helvetia. I hope to have a convention where we will discuss and decide what is to be done. A place that will be lively with honest debates about what we need to do. and I have called all members of the Republican party down to Downieville for a convention. I discussed this with senator Harding and believe having our convention there will be a good way to gather up Republican support not only in Sierra but elsewhere too. It will also allow us to go forward with what needs to be our new platforms and all. I have talked with Senator Sutter and he has allowed me to use his press to distribute literature that will be used for the events and all.

Do let me know if you are able to attend though.

-WL

On Forming Our State
I will be focusing on setting up districts and all that to ensure proper democratic procedures can occur in Sierra. I also will like to propose these following minor taxes to our congress, who represent our people, for their approval in the coming revenue and spending bill for the next year.
I suggest for now a minor tax on various vices such as prostitution, gambling, etcetera. Another minor tax on luxury goods as well such as coffee, suger, etcetera.

Focus on inviting all Republican officials to Downieville for the Convention 3ap
Set up the Republican HQ in Nueva Helvetia. 2ap
Setting up infrastructure for the state to work and having state congress set up a revenue and spending bill and accepting my tax proposals. 2ap
AP: 7

Ramba Ral fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 18, 2016

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung

Republican Party Flier

Republican Party's Platform:
The Republican Party is dedicated to taking a strong stance for immigration! Everyone that comes to California shall find a voice inside our party! They shall be able to participate in the national narrative and pursue their inalienable rights of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
The Republican Party shall continue to do all they can to protect the personal liberties of all Californians, and act as eternal safeguards of our rights!
The Republican Party shall push for protection of our nascent industries so that California can compete!
The Republican Party shall maintain a strong neutrality in the matters of religion, being careful not to act in bias against any religious group in California.
The Republican Party shall push for public education to the benefit of all Californians!

The rest of the flier mentions various accomplishments such as pushing through federal emancipation while trying to avoid using the letter W, for obvious reasons. It appears to be

OOC: Sutter said he'll spend the AP if I posted this flier. So done with my agitprop.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung
Wang Long will increase his charisma to 4!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung
That is amazing

• Locked thread