Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What’s your favorite car manufacturer?
Ford
Chevy
Honda
Toyota
Porche
Hyundai
AMC
SHOOT VISARI
View Results

• Locked thread
HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

I personally believe that, instead of being fired, Alice got "kicked upstairs," so to speak. The event organizers were probably appalled at her handling of the first Horizon event (perhaps even at the blatant nepotism she seemed to act on; how else were her soon-to-be ex-boyfriend and her soon-to-be new boyfriend able to enter?), but knew that they couldn't just fire her outright due to some bullshit such as her father being one of the stock-holders or maybe she was the sister/relative to some bigwig that the showrunners were afraid of pissing off. How to get rid of her without kicking her rear end out the door and with it any chance of the Horizon Festival ever appearing again?

So instead of handing her a pink slip, they gave her an office downtown and let her handpick her own staff. They, of course, didn't tell her that she'd be a part of (read: actually put in charge of) the Legal department and she'd be filling out more paperwork that killed more trees than any concerted effort to deforest the Amazon several times over, but at least her pay was better and she'd get to sit in a spinning chair!

Anyway, that's my theory and until I see solid canonical proof otherwise, I'm sticking to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread