Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
There are 80 bowl spots, and 74 have been filled. Four teams are win and you're in: Army, Hawaii, Louisiana, and South Alabama. Even if all four schools get bowl eligible, there will be 5-7 teams with the chance to go bowling, thanks to their APR. THEY ARE (in order)!

North Texas!
Texas!
Mississippi State!
Northern Illinois!
Louisiana-Monroe!
...and California!

Your Conference Championships
ACC: Clemson vs. Virginia Tech
(de facto) Big 12: Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma
B1G: Penn State vs. Wisconsin
Pac-12: Washington vs. Colorado
SEC: Alabama vs. Florida

AAC: Temple @ Navy
C-USA: Louisiana Tech @ Western Kentucky
MAC: Ohio vs. Western Michigan
MW: San Diego State and Wyoming play at a TBD location
Sun Belt: complicated (see below)

If Arkansas State and Troy both win next week, Arkansas State claims bowl priority over Troy and Appalachian State.
It Arkansas State wins and Troy loses, we go down tiebreakers to the result of next week's Idaho-Georgia State game. Idaho wins, Appalachian State gets priority. Georgia State wins, Arkansas State gets priority.
If Troy wins and Arkansas State loses, Troy gets bowl priority.
If Arkansas State and Troy both lose, Appalachian State is all alone at the top.

My team isn't going bowling, since they're one of the worst in FBS at 2-9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I could nitpick aspects of the game that GT could have played better but who cares, we beat UGA! This season is officially good.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Huskies stomp a mudhole in the Cougs, get to play for a playoff spot next week

:feelsgood:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
welp

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT absolutely skullfucked UVA 52-10 and put up nearly 600 yards of offense (both marks are records in the series). I would consider this to be a very bad sign for UVA going forward and their recent close losses to VT have come against offense-retarded VT squads not against a HC known for the opposite.

This marks the thirteenth win in a row for VT against UVA in what is now easily the most lopsided Rivalry Week matchup out there.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jim Harbaugh is a stupid dumb baby. gently caress that khaki-wearing piece of poo poo.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Also UT is totally firing Butch Jones, right? Do they have any self-respect in that program?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Penn St won. Temple won.

feels good

e: lmao Tennessee and Louisville

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
bakers dozen
::clap clap clapclapclap::

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Seidel: Officiating worse than Michigan football's mistakes, turnovers
“I’m bitterly disappointed in the officiating today,” Harbaugh said, after Ohio State pulled out a 30-27 double-overtime victory on Saturday over Michigan.

Harbaugh had a valid point. There were a series of bad calls in this game. Calls that changed the outcome.
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/jeff-seidel/2016/11/26/michigan-football-ohio-state/94490938/
Thanks for the salt, want a meal with it tho

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/802733905212272640

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

got the dang Hat, got bowl eligible, there's a million Michigan fans whining about refs on the internet, pretty much a perfect football day

also, the Northwestern Wildcat is reinventing the forward pass
https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/802598186309169152

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Jim McElwain's Florida has not scored an offensive touchdown in 2 years against FSU.

Next year could get ugly since half of the starting defense is graduated or off to the NFL, and the offense is still Muschampian at the end of year 2.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Godzilla07 posted:

Jim McElwain's Florida has not scored an offensive touchdown in 2 years against FSU.

Next year could get ugly since half of the starting defense is graduated or off to the NFL, and the offense is still Muschampian at the end of year 2.

Florida should be allowed to bring back Tebow

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Got so goddamn deliriously happy (and drunk) about Boatrower U going undefeated in the regular season AND Boise losing, I ate my first probation. This weekend loving owned bones

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Godzilla07 posted:

The schedule lines up very favorably and UF gets an extra home game. I'd put Mac's seat en fuego if the offense isn't at least mediocre next year. That was the whole purpose of hiring him.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Someday a Michigan-Ohio State game will be decided by something other than "Ohio State's dual threat QB has enough good scrambles" and "Ohio State wins the turnover battle" but until that happens I swear to God these games are all the same.

I won't lie, the ref calling Harbaugh for a basketball technical was kind of funny in hindsight. Stupid, but funny.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
At least we have this

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Goodnight SCar. See you next year :byewhore:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I watched the entire osu mich game and the calls seemed fine :shrug:

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

an adult beverage posted:

The schedule lines up very favorably and UF gets an extra home game. I'd put Mac's seat en fuego if the offense isn't at least mediocre next year. That was the whole purpose of hiring him.

The temperature of Mac's seat should vary directly with the temperature of Chip Kelly's 49ers seat.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Florida Gators haven't fielded a respectable offense since 2009.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

I watched the entire osu mich game and the calls seemed fine :shrug:

There was one really egregious missed PI call, but other than that it was reasonable

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

C-Euro posted:

I won't lie, the ref calling Harbaugh for a basketball technical was kind of funny in hindsight. Stupid, but funny.

Calling Harbaugh out on being a big loving baby will always be funny. He's a great coach overall but his temper tantrums are hilarious.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Mizzou beats ""rival"" Arkansas and gets a retroactive Quality Win over SEC East powerhouse Vanderbilt to finish the season at a mighty 4-8. A strong finish, to be sure, but Mizzou fans can't help but ask Why The gently caress Weren't We Doing That All Season, a question that will trouble these 40, maybe 50, fans during the offseason.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Washington v Colorado is gonna be a great game and I'm really hype

gently caress Ohio State tho

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
4 years of wins against UM and UF. Feeling verklempt to be honest.

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.
gently caress dwag, go jacket, go football, gently caress notre dame, amen

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

an adult beverage posted:

That was the whole purpose of hiring him.

Paid 10m buyout for his 'offensive prowess'

:suicide:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Crotch Bat posted:

Also UT is totally firing Butch Jones, right? Do they have any self-respect in that program?

Actually I think you'll find that next year is REALLY the year they put it all together (and beat Vandy).

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
lol at the harbaugh tears on sportscenter

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.

LeeMajors posted:

Paid 10m buyout for his 'offensive prowess'

:suicide:

It's truly offensive

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Winkie01 posted:

lol at the harbaugh tears on sportscenter

So much salt. It was the right call.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
I don't even know what he's bitching about but I do know that I love it when people tell refs that they're loving garbage. I don't even care if they're right or not

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

Huskies stomp a mudhole in the Cougs, get to play for a playoff spot next week

:feelsgood:

Do they? Asked this in the last thread right before it locked. Would a 1 loss UW with nonconf wins over Rutgers, Idaho, and Portland State get in over whatever Big 10 powerhouse doesn't get their championship? I'm not so sure, especially with UM-OSU going to double OT.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
That is assuming that Huskies beat the Cougs, who, based on the Great Saturday Upsets, makes it look like that isn't guaranteed.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
My team had exactly one conference win, but it was a complete wrecking of our (admittedly just as terrible) rival, so the season was a success! Maybe next year we won't lose every running back and defender.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

shirts and skins posted:

Do they? Asked this in the last thread right before it locked. Would a 1 loss UW with nonconf wins over Rutgers, Idaho, and Portland State get in over whatever Big 10 powerhouse doesn't get their championship? I'm not so sure, especially with UM-OSU going to double OT.

Presumably, since the committee had them ranked 5 ahead of the two teams playing for the big 10 championship, and they're unlikely to drop if they win their own conference title. I think the big 10
Champ gets left out assuming Clemson and Washington win out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The way that loss played out sucked a ridiculous amount, but it was a loss that was 100% expected and thus changes nothing about how our season played out. With six wins and bowl eligibility, we reached and possibly even exceeded all reasonable goals for 2016. There's still a lot of work ahead of us, but that was obvious even before this unfortunate event.

Mostly I'm just glad (and relieved) we have a bowl game to look forward to after how miserable last year was.

• Locked thread