Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

Do they? Asked this in the last thread right before it locked. Would a 1 loss UW with nonconf wins over Rutgers, Idaho, and Portland State get in over whatever Big 10 powerhouse doesn't get their championship? I'm not so sure, especially with UM-OSU going to double OT.

I would think they go Big 10 Champ, Ohio State, Alabama, and Clemson if everyone wins their conference championships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

It was a first down.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think the committee is going to have to let the Big Ten champ in, if OSU gets in it's going to be Washington (or Colorado) that gets hosed.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Jim Harbaugh was unrestrained.

After his No. 3 Michigan team lost to No. 2 Ohio State today at Ohio Stadium, 30-27 in double overtime, his focus was not targeted on the Buckeyes.

He went after the officials, calling it "outrageous."
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/11/26/michigan-football-harbaugh/94481220/
UNRESTRAINED

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

If we squeak out like 150yds of offense and lose by 5 touchdowns next Saturday, I may just gingerly pack up my UF gear and stow it in the storage building next to my christmas decorations and golf clubs until we can lure someone to Gainesville who has a goddamned clue how to move the football in a meaningful way.

Also, Harbaugh is an autistic punk bitch and I hate him for being reprehensible enough to make me root for Ohio State.

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
So Harbaugh is great at beating up on poo poo teams, but dude has a unique talent for losing when it counts. Maybe he's too emotional to perform under pressure?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

RumbleFish posted:

The way that loss played out sucked a ridiculous amount, but it was a loss that was 100% expected and thus changes nothing about how our season played out. With six wins and bowl eligibility, we reached and possibly even exceeded all reasonable goals for 2016. There's still a lot of work ahead of us, but that was obvious even before this unfortunate event.

Mostly I'm just glad (and relieved) we have a bowl game to look forward to after how miserable last year was.

The East is shockingly winnable since UF has no offensive identity, UGA will probably just do a slightly worse Mark Richt impression, and UT is totally inept under Jones. I mean I might be giving Muschamp too much credit but man is it ever a wide open division to win (and then lose to Bama by 45).

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
With Vandy and Kentucky pulling off upsets today, the only team from the SEC East that isn't going bowling is us. This team has talent goddamnit, someone please save us from these loving coaches :suicide:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

gently caress Ohio State getting into the playoff.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

punched my v-card at camp posted:

So Harbaugh is great at beating up on poo poo teams, but dude has a unique talent for losing when it counts. Maybe he's too emotional to perform under pressure?

I think Michigan fans are still honeymooning with Harbaugh but let's say you get 9-10 wins next year and another loss to OSU it'll start to get real interesting up there. That's definitely the thing about big name hires at big name programs, that honeymoon period becomes real short real quick sometimes. It'll definitely be something to keep an eye on next year.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
When your team has a terrible season, the most joy you can get is in schadenfreude, and holy hell have Michigan fans delivered on that today. Last I checked, the refs didn't throw two interceptions or completely forget how to tackle on crucial plays late in the game. But I'll die before the majority of UM's fans ever give credit to an opposing team in a loss.

The final playoff selection is going to be an absolute nightmare. You obviously can't drop Ohio State from #2, but how do you justify putting them in over the team that beat them and won their division (if Penn State wins next week that is)? Do you put two Big Ten teams in a four team playoff? And then which two champions get screwed over?

Also, despite their two losses, Michigan still look like the most complete team in the country not named Alabama. But they're totally relegated to an NY6 game at best. And that's beautiful.

And finally, Notre Dame are 4-8, including a loss to 3-9 Michigan State that was not as close as the score indicates.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I think the most "balanced" team in the country that's contending for a playoff is actually Washington but that's just me. Both their offense and defense are well above most of their opponents' level so far. Ohio State, Michigan both have bigger limits on what their offenses do well. Clemson has been inconsistent but will be up there with bama if they play like today against V-tech.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Raku posted:

I think the most "balanced" team in the country that's contending for a playoff is actually Washington but that's just me. Both their offense and defense are well above most of their opponents' level so far. Ohio State, Michigan both have bigger limits on what their offenses do well. Clemson has been inconsistent but will be up there with bama if they play like today against V-tech.

I am not so sure about Washington anymore since their elite pass rusher is out.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
doesnt matter 'cuz bama winning the 'ship PAWWWWL *coach carter music plays*

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Behold, mediocrity disguised as parity.

If UF can't pull the upset next week every SEC team not named Bama will have at least 4 losses.

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake

Crotch Bat posted:

I think Michigan fans are still honeymooning with Harbaugh but let's say you get 9-10 wins next year and another loss to OSU it'll start to get real interesting up there. That's definitely the thing about big name hires at big name programs, that honeymoon period becomes real short real quick sometimes. It'll definitely be something to keep an eye on next year.

I'm mostly a MSU fan trying to drag UM fans to my particular level of despair, but I do wonder what happens if MSU takes Bunyan back and he still can't get over the hill vs OSU.

I do think he's a loss or two away from that particular narrative going from facetious trolling to conventional wisdom. His 49ers teams blew close games in the 2011 & 13 NFC title games, the 2012 Super Bowl, and at Michigan they blew 2015 MSU and the game today. The weird thing is that every single one of those losses more or less came down to a single play. They collectively must drive him insane.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

General Dog posted:

It was a first down.

He's clearly behind the line

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Crotch Bat posted:

If UF can't pull the upset next week every SEC team not named Bama will have at least 4 losses.

Are you saying that Alabama :crossarms: might be a fraud?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

N:
https://twitter.com/aadelsonESPN/status/802736298989592576

V:
#goacc

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Crotch Bat posted:

Holy poo poo.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

UNC, VT, and Louisville all lost to SEC East teams.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Crotch Bat posted:

I don't think anyone has pretended that the SEC is anything but mediocre this year. It's Bama and then a bunch of really inconsistent and flawed teams.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Dubs vs. Colorado gonna own. Not putting much thought towards this playoff situation until after next week. Just gonna enjoy playing for a Pac12 'ship. It's been a long time coming for us.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Conferences ranked by OOC record
1. Southeastern (.778)
2. Big Ten (.762)
3. Atlantic Coast (.750)
4. Pac-12 (.722)
5. American Athletic (still has one to play)
6. Big 12 (.633)
7. Mountain West (final games ongoing)
8. Mid-American (.479)
9. Sun Belt (.409)
10. Conference USA (.385)

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

News: CU was 1-8 in conference play last season. We are 8-1 in conference play this season

Views: Owns

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/RobbyDonoho/status/802680204690919424

Lasagna Pilot posted:

UNC, VT, and Louisville all lost to SEC East teams.

Yeah but only once this year

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Manoueverable posted:

Washington v Colorado is gonna be a great game and I'm really hype

gently caress Ohio State tho

Why it gots to be on a Friday, tho? I'm gonna be working and might have to miss part of the game :(. Also CU's gonna have to play on a short week for no apparent reason

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i didnt think my joke in the GDT before the egg bowl would turn out to be so... accurate

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
That was the single worst SDSU game since the Chuck Long era. Good hell.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV won't ever be turned around. It's a lost cause.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I was at the Pitt/Syracuse game today and it was probably the best football game I've ever been to in my life. I have degrees from both schools and it was just madness. The Syracuse basketball team scored 11 fewer points today for christ's sake. The last time I went to a Syracuse football game they beat Pitt at the dome in a loving godawful game in 2000, it went to overtime and there were like 3 missed FGs by both teams that would have won it right then and there.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Its going to be hilarious when they have to leave OSU out of the playoffs because they declared that Conference Championships matter.

No. Wait. Thats not actually going to happen because the selection committee is loving dumb.

Its largely irrelevant since Bama is going to poo poo house whoever is thrown to them as a sacrificial lamb.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

DrunkPanda posted:

Why it gots to be on a Friday, tho? I'm gonna be working and might have to miss part of the game :(. Also CU's gonna have to play on a short week for no apparent reason

Because money. Fox wanted the game on Friday so that's what they got.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Clemson beat the poo poo out of an average sec team like they should but they score a touchdown so Dabo has something to yell about before we play VT which is good

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Ahahaha eat poo poo Florida. FSU state champs. Four years in a row.

This FSU senior class becomes the first ever to go 4-0 against UF and 4-0 against UM. Jimbo moves to 17-1 against in-state rivals and 8-1 against the SEC.

Gators... what... what was that? Your offense was loving terrible. When you got the ball back after getting the fumble recovery score I wasn't concerned at all. I've never seen anything like it. The first drive you guys charged down like a house on fire, fizzled on the 2, and then basically just went backwards the entire rest of the game. I'd be completely furious if I was a UF fan, this is bordering on football malpractice at this point. And that shitshow has to play the best defense in America next week. Christ.

FSU-Alabama to open the season next year is going to be epic.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

JonathonSpectre posted:

Bama -10

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

JonathonSpectre posted:

Whoa there Chief..

I understand it was awesome and all. But...

You do realize they are going resize our assholes in that game. Don't you?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOwqSJ5LbjI

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Holy poo poo I can't even watch that. loving painful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

GobiasIndustries posted:

Jim Harbaugh is a stupid dumb baby. gently caress that khaki-wearing piece of poo poo.

I love watching that man make a giant fool of himself on national TV. I love it almost as much as I love Michigan fans trying to explain it isn't the spastic tantrums of a man child it's just "passion!"

Henchman of Santa posted:

When your team has a terrible season, the most joy you can get is in schadenfreude, and holy hell have Michigan fans delivered on that today. Last I checked, the refs didn't throw two interceptions or completely forget how to tackle on crucial plays late in the game. But I'll die before the majority of UM's fans ever give credit to an opposing team in a loss.

The final playoff selection is going to be an absolute nightmare. You obviously can't drop Ohio State from #2, but how do you justify putting them in over the team that beat them and won their division (if Penn State wins next week that is)? Do you put two Big Ten teams in a four team playoff? And then which two champions get screwed over?

Also, despite their two losses, Michigan still look like the most complete team in the country not named Alabama. But they're totally relegated to an NY6 game at best. And that's beautiful.

And finally, Notre Dame are 4-8, including a loss to 3-9 Michigan State that was not as close as the score indicates.

I my own cynical way I see it breaking down fairly simple. ACC Champs, Big Ten Champs, Ohio State, and Alabama via the committee loving over the Pac-12 Champ and whichever busted Air Raid practice squad shambles out of Oklahoma with a win. It would have been harder on the committee if USC had somehow squeaked into the Pac-12 championship and come out a winner because of the eye test/legacy program bullshit that gets you TV ratings but it didn't happen. I'll be really surprised if they put Washington or :lol: Colorado in over Ohio State.

But overall its been a pretty grand college football season. Notre Dame got poo poo on, Michigan's not going to the playoffs, USC isn't going to the playoffs, and the Hurricanes got a cool new coach for the future.

• Locked thread