Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

sigmachiev posted:

Just gonna enjoy playing for a Pac12 'ship. It's been a long time coming for us.

:geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Scarf posted:

Holy poo poo I can't even watch that. loving painful

The margin was worse then 63-17 and all but I with we gave Watson a 7th Td to set the ACC record. Calling back to back TOs to give him a curtain call was a nice gently caress you to SC though. Also had the defense intentionally jump offsides to give the D one too.

VT next week to win another ACC championship. Really wish NC wasn't such a fuckup so I could go watch it in Charlotte

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sten Freak posted:

4 years of wins against UM and UF. Feeling verklempt to be honest.

It's an amazing feeling. :unsmith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JonathonSpectre posted:

Ahahaha eat poo poo Florida. FSU state champs. Four years in a row.

This FSU senior class becomes the first ever to go 4-0 against UF and 4-0 against UM. Jimbo moves to 17-1 against in-state rivals and 8-1 against the SEC.

Gators... what... what was that? Your offense was loving terrible. When you got the ball back after getting the fumble recovery score I wasn't concerned at all. I've never seen anything like it. The first drive you guys charged down like a house on fire, fizzled on the 2, and then basically just went backwards the entire rest of the game. I'd be completely furious if I was a UF fan, this is bordering on football malpractice at this point. And that shitshow has to play the best defense in America next week. Christ.

FSU-Alabama to open the season next year is going to be epic.

I'd rather lose against Alabama, a team I'm neutral on, than lose to either the Gators or Hurricanes.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

It is always nice to stomp Virginia into the ground so hard it makes their coach cry in his post game presser. LOLUVA/13 Straight

WTF Vols? P sad poo poo right there Butch, not gonna cut it much longer like that. Injuries blah blah blah, what a disappointing season by the end.

It'll be too easy to explain away a 2 loss Big 10 champ vs OSU in the playoff esp if its PSU despite the head to head loss, less losses overall and a great last game. Washington will go in with Clemson provided good Clemson shows up next week and not bored sloppy Clemson because i think my Hokies can beat sloppy turn it over in the red zone Clemson. So unless we steal a NY6 bid with an upset I don't think they'll put a 2 loss Big 10 champ in. It would totally be a full on upset we've had a nice year that was encouraging, but Clemson SHOULD win next week.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I think we should remove Alabama from the playoffs and just give them the trophy already, and then have Ohio State, Washington, Clemson and Big Ten Winner play for second. We know what the end result will be if we let other, non-Satan Pact Enhanced teams play against Bama, and that's a lot less exciting.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
BUFFALOES

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
go back to cinnicinati you piece of poo poo butch

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

ur in my world now posted:

I don't even know what he's bitching about but I do know that I love it when people tell refs that they're loving garbage. I don't even care if they're right or not

I like when coaches call the refs out because:

1) They are inevitably right. Even if the specific things they're complaining about are wrong, the refs were probably terrible. There's enough that stake here that we should be able to get some better refs.

2) The refs aren't why you lost. Even if you can argue that, every team has gotten hosed by the refs, probably this year, and probably this week. Nobody feels for you.

3) They know they're getting fined and have decided that getting a few hell yeahs on rivals is worth it.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Trump is President-Elect, no blue states will have playoff representation. Alabama-Clemson-OSU-PSU

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
PAWWWWWL is already pleading that OSU should be in the playoff. gently caress that.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
No one else in the country has a quality win like yesterday. If Oklahoma wins, they're out because of loss to tOSU. Yeah Washington, but if PSU wins next Saturday they will have two high quality wins. I could see Washington going in over Wisconsin though (tOSU win head-to-head).

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Yeah. :-( I come from a Cal family, and my Grandpa went to his grave waiting for that Rose Bowl that will always be next year. Wonder if that'll happen to my Dad, too.

That being said, it'd be nice for a PAC-12 team not named USC or Oregon to get a shot at a Natty, but if UW misses out it's its own drat fault: their nonconference schedule was disgustingly easy, and their game plan against USC was atrocious. (Got a huge o line against a small defense with great skill players? Better throw lots of passes to the sidelines!)

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
gently caress this gay earth. What a terrible weekend.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Postmortem on UF game.

Nothing new here.

OL performance against LSU was an aberration. They were on roller skates all night.

Appleby is incapable of taking a sack of less than 9 yards for some loving reason.

Defense played admirably but was literally gutted. Down 2 starting LBs and our best safety, there isn't much you can do against probably the best back in the country.

This offense makes me pine for the heady 200yd passing performances of John loving Brantley. That's really all you need to know.

It's year 2 of an offensive rebuild. Mac will prob get 4 years unless the offense is this bad next year. It's hard to fire a guy who is winning the East again and again but this pattern of getting shithoused by FSU-Bama-whatever bowl opponent is going to end badly for Mac.

Either way we figured this year would probably be a step back and it went basically the same so....yay?

I'm so tired of offensive futility I'd be fine shipping Mac back to Colorado and snapping up Holgorsen or something bc this poo poo is unwatchable.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Wickerman posted:

No one else in the country has a quality win like yesterday. If Oklahoma wins, they're out because of loss to tOSU. Yeah Washington, but if PSU wins next Saturday they will have two high quality wins. I could see Washington going in over Wisconsin though (tOSU win head-to-head).

Tosu football?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Sean White might not be healthy for the bowl, JF3 is openly considering transferring, and we're still possibly the favorite to get the SEC's Sugar Bowl bid.

(Please don't send us to play Oklahoma if White isn't 100%, this is a Shreveport offense without him.)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

go back to cinnicinati you piece of poo poo butch

How did you guys give up so many points to Vandy of all teams?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tennessee lost to Vandy but it's ok they are 2-0 in the game of life

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I'm not gonna be happy if Ohio State gets to sneak into the playoffs over Washington.

I would expect that if Ohio State gets in, though, it's at the Big Ten champ's expense. Penn State and Wisconsin should probably not jump Washington.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Crotch Bat posted:

VT absolutely skullfucked UVA 52-10 and put up nearly 600 yards of offense (both marks are records in the series). I would consider this to be a very bad sign for UVA going forward and their recent close losses to VT have come against offense-retarded VT squads not against a HC known for the opposite.

This marks the thirteenth win in a row for VT against UVA in what is now easily the most lopsided Rivalry Week matchup out there.

AND THEN THEIR EQUIPMENT TRUCK GOT STUCK IN THE MOUNTAINS

https://twitter.com/vthokie/status/802657101197627392

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004

Wickerman posted:

Ohio State is an absolute mortal lock to make the CFP. Anyone who thinks there is any chance on this gay earth tOSU is triple leapfrogged after a classic rivalry win must be too young to remember the behavior of all football selection committees ever

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Another season of mediocrity for good ol' UGA. That makes four in a row now. But, hey, on the bright side, we're national championship contenders every five years, so watch out 2017! We're comin' for ya.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Henchman of Santa posted:

How did you guys give up so many points to Vandy of all teams?

I think over half our starting D is injured. Still where is the depth? Hell they couldn't stop Missouri last week either.

I've been off the Jones train since the South Carolina game, but after last night I dread the 2017 season. There will be staff shakeups, but Jones is here for at least one or two more seasons.

Also classless move by Jones last night. He shows up at the after game presser early (before most of the press is there), and leaves after 4 minutes. Someone can't take the heat.

Best news would be Jones leaves for a better job (for him) at someplace like an assistant in the NFL.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

Ohio State is an absolute mortal lock to make the CFP. Anyone who thinks there is any chance on this gay earth tOSU is triple leapfrogged after a classic rivalry win must be too young to remember the behavior of all football selection committees ever

2007 Georgia would like a word with you

clearly a top 2 team that didn't get a chance because they didn't win their division

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Farking Bastage posted:

2007 Georgia would like a word with you

clearly a top 2 team that didn't get a chance because they didn't win their division

Yeah but we were a 2-loss team that season. 2011 Bama and (probably) 2016 Ohio State are gonna luck into the NC/Playoffs with only one loss.

Is it fair? Nah, not really. But Georgia hosed up one too many times that season, and...I don't know how to articulate this, really, but 2007 Georgia wasn't nearly as "important" a team as Bama in 2011 or Ohio State now is.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

And if/when the rest of that happens, if I'm the rest of the Big Ten (or at least Wisconsin and/or Penn State) I'm up in arms. It will happen because money but it really diminishes the importance of the conference title.

Maybe once the NFL goes under people will start calling for an eight-team playoff or our glorious four superconference future and this won't be a problem.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Farking Bastage posted:

PAWWWWWL is already pleading that OSU should be in the playoff. gently caress that.

But they proved it on the field!

All I see is a good team that proved they didn't win enough games to win their own division, on the field.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

OSU lost one game by three points to the now-#8 team. It'd be gross if they didn't get in just because they're in the same half of the conference as the one team to whom they lost.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Starting to look like no matter what happens the outcome will be kinda gross. I bet it'll somehow come out so the teams that will make the NCAA the most money get in though.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

C-Euro posted:

And if/when the rest of that happens, if I'm the rest of the Big Ten (or at least Wisconsin and/or Penn State) I'm up in arms. It will happen because money but it really diminishes the importance of the conference title.

Maybe once the NFL goes under people will start calling for an eight-team playoff or our glorious four superconference future and this won't be a problem.

How important is a conference title when there's only one game to decide it? Say Wisconsin wins next week and the committee goes for all conference winners. In this case, OSU doesn't make the playoffs in favor of a team with a worse record after losing to them and another team they also beat just because Wisconsin is in the West and PSU is in the East.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Just quoting the precedent that's already been set, but yeah. Whatever makes the NCAA the most money.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Sash! posted:

All I see is a good team that proved they didn't win enough games to win their own division, on the field.

Should we even discuss Clemson, or are you ok now

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Ed Orgeron getting choked up makes me sad. I'm bandwagoning so hard right now

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004
I think the obviously horrid and corrupt CFP committee can select among OSU, Wisconsin, and Penn State with a clear conscience that they will make everyone a loving assload of money

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

I know they just lost to a team in the same division with an identical record, but I think this clearly shows that Ole Miss is the best 5-7 team in the country

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

20 TDs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ao_LrQ-uSw

Look at how goddamn happy Francois is \:unsmith:/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwugeQkRQkI&t=79s

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 27, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
If OSU gets in without winning their division, what's the point of even having conferences or playing the season? Just go with preseason rankings and be done with it.

Having to play one less game than everyone else is a huge advantage and also bullshit

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
-Highly accurate and important Thoguh Playoff Projections update.

Week 1: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 2: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 3: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford
Week 4: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford
Week 5: Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington
Week 6 Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington
Week 7: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington
Week 8: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington
Week 9: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington
Week 10: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington
Week 11: Alabama, Clemson, Washington, Wisconsin
Week 12: Alabama, Clemson, Colorado, Wisconsin
Week 13: Alabama, Clemson, Washington, Wisconsin

I think if Clemson or Washington lose the committee might piss off everyone but Ohio State fans and ESPN execs and put Ohio State in, since Colorado has a loss to Michigan, Oklahoma has a loss to Ohio State, the committee is considering Oklahoma State to be a 2 loss team, and VT is a three loss team.. But if Washington wins and they are left out the committee is basically pulling a huge gently caress you to multiple conferences and decreasing the importance of the regular season. Plus it would mean the second time in three years that they've gone out of their way to include Ohio State when Ohio State shouldn't be in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm going to be cheering against chaos of any kind other than Florida over Alabama in the conference championship games because chaos could get Ohio State in.

So of course it is going to be Colorado over Washington, Oklahoma over Oklahoma State (which isn't really chaos but helps Ohio State), and VT over Clemson.

• Locked thread