Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Harbaugh is proven again to be nothing but a petulant loving child, and while OSU will be let into the playoffs because ratings, they are going to get completely loving curb stomped by Alabama.

I can dig it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Remember the last time OSU snuck into the playoffs and was supposed to get curbstomped by Bama? Let's not count our chickens just yet.

This time Bama really is going to dunk all everyone, though.

Also yeehaw Nebraska shitcanned their special teams coordinator which was a thing that absolutely needed to happen.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004

DJExile posted:

Harbaugh is proven again to be nothing but a petulant loving child, and while OSU will be let into the playoffs because ratings, they are going to get completely loving curb stomped by Alabama.

I can dig it

The best part is his whole loving team of Hoke recruits is graduating with rivalry goose eggs, like there's no way UM is this good next year with 18 seniors plus even more draftees leaving

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

As a Michigan fan, I'll admit that the main reason they lost is the turnovers and lovely playcalling in the 2nd half. Harbaugh and co. completely turtled and went away from all the plays that were working. Don't even get me started on the Peppers Wildcat formation that had nothing going for it. The loss absolutely falls on the coaches and players. That said, the refs did have an influence on the outcome, which is always a shame no matter which way it goes.

The earlier picture that "proves" Barrett got the first down is a joke, totally photoshopped to skew the perspective (take a look at the 15 yard line compared to the hash marks). I came across another image that seems to be the best angle of the play I have seen. Assuming this is not manipulated, it does seem like Barrett was short by a few inches. Certainly not something that could have been turned over using the replay, but disappointing to say the least.

https://mobile.twitter.com/montyEarnold/status/802927937569914880/photo/1

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Apex Rogers posted:

As a Michigan fan, I'll admit that the main reason they lost is the turnovers and lovely playcalling in the 2nd half. Harbaugh and co. completely turtled and went away from all the plays that were working. Don't even get me started on the Peppers Wildcat formation that had nothing going for it. The loss absolutely falls on the coaches and players. That said, the refs did have an influence on the outcome, which is always a shame no matter which way it goes.

The earlier picture that "proves" Barrett got the first down is a joke, totally photoshopped to skew the perspective (take a look at the 15 yard line compared to the hash marks). I came across another image that seems to be the best angle of the play I have seen. Assuming this is not manipulated, it does seem like Barrett was short by a few inches. Certainly not something that could have been turned over using the replay, but disappointing to say the least.

this is the michigan difference

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

I'll poo poo in my pants if UF stays within 21 of Bama. I'm betting 35+ deficit easily.

I could see us beating that spread but like the score would be 3-21

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

I'll poo poo in my pants if UF stays within 21 of Bama. I'm betting 35+ deficit easily.

you wanna put a toxx on that?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

you wanna put a toxx on that?

Not particularly. The loss is going to be unpleasant enough.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 27, 2016

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
It's incredibly sick that neither Michigan or Ohio State will be winning the big ten championship this year

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Roasted Donut posted:

It's incredibly sick that neither Michigan or Ohio State will be winning the big ten championship this year

:yeah:

E: GOD drat :stare:

Chris Morris posted:

We had some fun with this one. Plain Dealer colleague Tony Briggmin Lariccia wanted to design an "epic" wraparound cover for The Game tomorrow between Michigan and Ohio State. I suggested something along the lines of a Godzilla movie poster. Sketch and final layout:

DJExile fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 28, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DJExile posted:

:yeah:

I feel bad for the lil Coog not getting to eat :ohdear:

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

I don't think that we're understanding that the first down mark wasn't the solid, rather it was the previous hash. That image clearly shows him over.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

DJExile posted:

I hope those dorks signing O H I O get crushed

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Roasted Donut posted:

On the one hand, this. On the other hand, Penn State.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lolling hard over the same people who've been saying "conference title games matter!" are now jumping through the hoops to justify Ohio State getting into the playoff.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

harvard of the west

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Coincidentally, all the MSU fans I know would like to talk about Michigan losing because their team loving sucks and got steamrolled again yesterday

Actually we like to talk about Michigan losing any time it happens no matter how our team is doing, because the collective meltdown of people like you is hilarious every single time.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Apex Rogers posted:

You absolutely cannot complain about a spot being "a few inches" off when the line judge was looking at the back of the player. Spots are going to be off by a few inches dozens of times per game. This is something that will never change in football no matter how good the officials are. The only thing Michigan fans should be pissed about is the fact that ABC/ESPN couldn't get a good angle on an important fourth-down play.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Proud Christian Mom posted:

lolling hard over the same people who've been saying "conference title games matter!" are now jumping through the hoops to justify Ohio State getting into the playoff.

No thirteenth data point, too bad for the Buckeyes.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Both Michigan fans and Ohio State fans are collectively the most annoying fanbases on the face of the planet, and that will just get worse for the next two weeks, ugh.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Wickerman posted:

I don't think that we're understanding that the first down mark wasn't the solid, rather it was the previous hash. That image clearly shows him over.

It's not that egregious of a spot. If the ref missed it then it was by maybe 6 inches. We all have an understanding that spots are rarely exact and if replay isn't conclusive then there is nothing to be done. The missed PI on Michigan's possession was worse but everyone is making a big deal about the spot on 4th down because it's the last thing they remember.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Apex Rogers posted:

The argument is about whether Barrett got the first down in midair (and then fell to the ground short); a single still shot doesn't really say anything about that.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Ohio State is in the playoff no matter what else happens (and I'd put Washington in with a win over the B10 champ, but that's just me).

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Henchman of Santa posted:

Actually we like to talk about Michigan losing any time it happens no matter how our team is doing, because the collective meltdown of people like you is hilarious every single time.

It's quite a meltdown indeed, especially the parts where I commented on the offense losing the game and it still being a good season. I'm sure if the roles were reversed, Ohio State fans would have calmly accepted the loss and not reacted at all. Same if MSU lost to Michigan in such a fashion.

MSU's endless chip on the shoulder inferiority complex even after you dominated the rivalry for most of a decade and went to the playoff last year has to get boring eventually, right? No? Carry on then, I'm sure getting plastered by everyone again next year will lead to lots of opportunities to talk about Michigan instead of your own team.

And no, obviously the spot was way too close to argue about it being ruled either way, the awful DPI calls are the only thing really worth complaining about. I also hate that the Big 10 literally does not call holding on o-linemen anymore, but over the course of the season that surely benefited Michigan a lot given our lovely o-line. It says a lot about how good Michigan and Ohio State were defensively that they played as well as they did all season given how slanted the rules are against defense now.

Rad Valtar posted:

It's not that egregious of a spot. If the ref missed it then it was by maybe 6 inches. We all have an understanding that spots are rarely exact and if replay isn't conclusive then there is nothing to be done. The missed PI on Michigan's possession was worse but everyone is making a big deal about the spot on 4th down because it's the last thing they remember.

The reason Michigan fans are so mad about that call is simple; It would have been an incredible rivalry defining moment for the game to end on a matter of inches like that after an amazing day of defense by both teams, but especially Michigan given how last year went. If you had asked every Michigan fan how they would have liked the game to end (and ruled out 500-0) that would have been about perfect. So of course they had an emotional reaction. I agree that there was no way to overturn it, and there's just as much chance the call was right as wrong.

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 28, 2016

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
michigan fans complete lack of understanding about rivalries and hatred is the best and i am very confused as to how they collectively haven't figured it out yet but I'm not going to complain

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
whoa there you're happy your rival lost a football game in hilarious fashion?? chip on the shoulder much???

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
*jingles keys furiously*

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Detroit_Dogg posted:

michigan fans complete lack of understanding about rivalries and hatred is the best and i am very confused as to how they collectively haven't figured it out yet but I'm not going to complain

Your pretend ignorance of how this rivalry works in the state is pretty funny, but you know exactly what I'm talking about. Yes, if Ohio State lost in hilarious fashion, I would post about it (in fact I'm sure I did when they lost to PSU!) but there are A LOT of MSU fans in the state who talk more about Michigan losing than they do about their own team winning. Everything they do is weighted with regards to how it might impact Michigan or the game against Michigan. Mark Dantonio is the living embodiment of this spirit.

Your entire lovely brand of trolling is completely based on playing up this stereotype. I assumed you were self aware (given your Lions fandom) about this and having fun with it, but sometimes I wonder if you're actually just one of those 'fans'.

I mean, your coach literally went for 2 late in the game, removing the tiny .00001% chance you had to win the game, solely to "prove a point". Your team spends half the offseason tweeting Michigan players about the upcoming game and how tough they are. Your QB makes up a story after the game about how a Michigan player admitted MSU was the tougher team to try to save face. Your coach never shuts up about a lack of respect from Michigan and blah blah blah

It's sad. It reminds me of Brady Hoke insisting on calling OSU "Ohio" while getting clowned on them every year. Except it never ends, even when you're winning.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Coincidentally, all the MSU fans I know would like to talk about Michigan losing because their team loving sucks and got steamrolled again yesterday

MSU sucking a bag of dicks this year doesn't change the fact that Jim Harbaugh is a giant bitch baby.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
like just embrace the hate, your hilariously pretentious school and its asberg ridden petulant child of a coach are good at stuff. People are going to make fun of you. It's how college football works.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It's too bad that it's only the good posters who have all left this forum instead of the bad ones like Detroit Dogg and myself.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That's a lot of words about how not mad you are.

Also your own fanbase still does the Ohio thing and it makes me sad.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
michigan state had its worst season since john l smith was coach. they were atrocious. however we're all still allowed to greatly enjoy your blowhard coach embarrassing himself on national television. That doesn't mean we have some secret envy for you and your school, it's how rivalries work you dummy.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Your pretend ignorance of how this rivalry works in the state is pretty funny, but you know exactly what I'm talking about. Yes, if Ohio State lost in hilarious fashion, I would post about it (in fact I'm sure I did when they lost to PSU!) but there are A LOT of MSU fans in the state who talk more about Michigan losing than they do about their own team winning. Everything they do is weighted with regards to how it might impact Michigan or the game against Michigan. Mark Dantonio is the living embodiment of this spirit.

Your entire lovely brand of trolling is completely based on playing up this stereotype. I assumed you were self aware (given your Lions fandom) about this and having fun with it, but sometimes I wonder if you're actually just one of those 'fans'.

I mean, your coach literally went for 2 late in the game, removing the tiny .00001% chance you had to win the game, solely to "prove a point". Your team spends half the offseason tweeting Michigan players about the upcoming game and how tough they are. Your QB makes up a story after the game about how a Michigan player admitted MSU was the tougher team to try to save face. Your coach never shuts up about a lack of respect from Michigan and blah blah blah

It's sad. It reminds me of Brady Hoke insisting on calling OSU "Ohio" while getting clowned on them every year. Except it never ends, even when you're winning.

Sir, this is an Arby's drive thru.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Apex Rogers posted:

Isn't the first down marker a few inches before the yard line? That appears to be where the ball is.

Why don't they go put a camera man sitting on the down marker, or just wrangle the stupid cable cam to go there in 100% of 4th down situations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It's too bad that it's only the good posters who have all left this forum instead of the bad ones like Detroit Dogg and myself.

Truth

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

sorry i lied, this is the michigan difference

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Fundamentally, every MSU fan and player's greatest wish is to become Ohio State.

The equivalent for Michigan is to beat Ohio State. Both of these dreams do appear to be impossible, but at least one of them actually relates to something their own team is doing, not how they relate to their rival.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
This is a pretty solid meltdown.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I'm still mad about how UNLV rolled over and gave the cannon back to Reno. The coaches and players failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Fundamentally, every MSU fan and player's greatest wish is to become Ohio State.

A very good program that frequently beats Michigan? We already did that.

• Locked thread