Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Update July 2018 Stardust SWG is live
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vDc6A0TXXQ

Stardust (Recommended choice)
Pre-NGE Server: Based on the Star Wars Galaxies emulator (highly modified)

Server status: It's up right now go play it

Features
  • Brand new combat system - not NGE, not pre-cu and not the combat upgrade itself - it is 100% UNIQUE. Never been seen before.
  • The mad man actually balanced Star Wars Galaxies
  • New quests
  • New planets
  • New PvP zone
  • New professions
  • An advancement to the games timeline - Elysiums timeline takes place post ROTJ era, and the game reflects these changes

Cons
  • No "Jump to Lightspeed" Space Flight gameplay
  • No Rage of the Wookies/Trials of Obi Wan expansions
  • Levarris works on it

Where to Play
http://stardust-swg.com/play-now/

Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/aCZX5tm

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jul 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzyb6o8j6LA

It's NGE as it was when the game went down using the leaked source code but it'll do, most promising SWG-related project in the foreseeable future by far. Server goes live on December 16th (five years to the day of the :soe: shutdown).

All aboard the space yacht, it has Jump To Lightspeed and 8 years of content. It may be the piece of poo poo that the NGE was but it's the closest you'll get for the next five years until the emulator is done and Suncrusher launches.

https://forums.stellabellum.net/

The cool thing about this is that Stellabellum accepts bitcoin.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi
"Here we go again." - C-3PO

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

iminers posted:

The cool thing about this is that Stellabellum accepts bitcoin.

oh well clearly this is what was missing from all those other private mmo servers that became ghost towns after a few weeks.

Registered Loser
Dec 29, 2006

Just got off the phone with Ahdinko, he says he's from Leeds and hes gonna be our mayor again.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Neither of those statements are true, but I did just get off the phone with Firewhizzle and he totally said he'd love to be mayor

iamthehans
May 1, 2012
Dinko for mayor. hes the leader we deserve!

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

Ahdinko is from Leeds. Ahdinko has been living on my couch for 2 years since the last time we played this awful game.

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

Ahdinko posted:

I'm from Leeds.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I will be the one flying the space ship.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I'm not sure this is going to have enough population to be remotely interesting:

quote:

Note: the peak population during our beta was 55 players, of which about 25 were confined to a smaller area (PvP zone). Therefore, we have been unable to optimize server performance to a larger population. We strive to improve performance over the coming weeks of live operation.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
People don't want to lose their progress while testing a sandbox MMO for the thousandth time, I am truly shocked.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Wait I'm confused why should I not play Basilisk since it's pre-NGE and has a population (even if probably half the population are robots)

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
This one is essentially feature complete, including the big one: JTL.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At no point in time was Star Wars Galaxies ever a passable game with any redeeming qualities to it, but I loved playing it all the same and will do so again.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

I nearly got upset to see you talk that way about the best MMO ever released, but then I realized the two are not mutually exclusive :v:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

People don't want to lose their progress while testing a sandbox MMO for the thousandth time, I am truly shocked.

Yes, I'm sure thousands will flock as soon as they go live.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Ahdinko posted:

Neither of those statements are true, but I did just get off the phone with Firewhizzle and he totally said he'd love to be mayor

Can confirm. Just spoke with Firewhizzle and he volunteered to be goon leader with Ahdinko being vice leader. Should be fun times.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Ahdinko posted:

I swear to Quahog, these damned brits think they can do anything after brexit. Ahdinko called me at 3am to start plotting the next great insurrection/takeover.

Double Oh Seven, 100% trustworthy new guy that wants militia and zoning rights in your city checking in. Also, can my bud Taylors Swift get the same? thanks.

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 1, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

We will absolutely ruin the server if we were to get all goons together who played back in the day on SoE.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
which is easy to say because you'll be 75% of the server's population

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
It is kind of tempting to play on a fresh server with JTL if we can get a few of us doing it and i dont have to tell people where not to put houses

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh my god what will it take to finally put down this shambling corpse of a game?

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi
The best thing is it will be a fresh server with absolutely no infrastructure. We will be able to absolutely corner and dominate the entire server economy. I positively can't wait.

We should probably use the SA discord rather than CTS mumble this time around. It's much better, in practically every way.

In all seriousness though, Dinko if you don't want to be the "responsible guy" this time around, I'll do it. Considering I am not a developer for this project and plan to just play the game there won't be any conflict of interest for me now.

Levarris fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 4, 2016

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

May check this out, never played before but heard good-ish things.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
You had but "its NGE"

not worth the disk space it would take up

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Phi230 posted:

You had but "its NGE"

not worth the disk space it would take up

The NGE really was good in its later years. You should give it a shot at least.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Levarris posted:

In all seriousness though, Dinko if you don't want to be the "responsible guy" this time around, I'll do it. Considering I am not a developer for this project and plan to just play the game there won't be any conflict of interest for me now.

I look foward to placing my house in a retarded spot in your town

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Ahdinko posted:

I look foward to placing my house in a retarded spot in your town

On that note, what should the town be called this time? Afgoonistan again?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Levarris posted:

The NGE really was good in its later years. You should give it a shot at least.

It actually wasn't too bad towards the end. I basically remember running around city invasions calling down death strikes from above and having fun. Sadly, with only 50 or so people probably playing, city invasions (literally the only PVP that was fun in the game) aren't really going to be a thing ever again.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

2DCAT posted:

It actually wasn't too bad towards the end. I basically remember running around city invasions calling down death strikes from above and having fun. Sadly, with only 50 or so people probably playing, city invasions (literally the only PVP that was fun in the game) aren't really going to be a thing ever again.

Don't be too sure. It is looking like Stella Bellum is going to have a very healthy population.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I've been doing a solo challenge (no trading with other players, no tipping other players, no bazaar) on Bloodfin for the last few days and it's a lot of fun. They have 15x XP and let you have 3 alts playing at the same time (and 15 altogether) so it's not too grindy and a lot of fun. Kinda feels like Salem or Haven and Hearth with much better combat, and you're not equipped in server best all the time. It's fun trying to find ways to build up quickly by yourself.

Yeah the server staff is weird, power-trippy and culty as gently caress, but you don't have to interact with them if you're just doing your own thing. And they took a lot of stuff from NGE and put it into pre-cu, which is neat.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Private Speech posted:

I've been doing a solo challenge (no trading with other players, no tipping other players, no bazaar) on Bloodfin for the last few days and it's a lot of fun. They have 15x XP and let you have 3 alts playing at the same time (and 15 altogether) so it's not too grindy and a lot of fun. Kinda feels like Salem or Haven and Hearth with much better combat, and you're not equipped in server best all the time. It's fun trying to find ways to build up quickly by yourself.

Yeah the server staff is weird, power-trippy and culty as gently caress, but you don't have to interact with them if you're just doing your own thing. And they took a lot of stuff from NGE and put it into pre-cu, which is neat.

Yeah, I think most of us that got together on Bloodfin once before will all join me in the general feeling of not wanting to touch that horrible server again with a 50 foot pole, and I was a developer there at the time we had Goon Squad running around there.

There are so many reasons why Bloodfin is literally the worst poo poo show in the entire emu scene but I won't get into that.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I made a discord channel, if you want to use it, cool.
https://discord.gg/e74mT

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

I made a discord channel, if you want to use it, cool.
https://discord.gg/e74mT

:getin: I have joined.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Levarris posted:

Yeah, I think most of us that got together on Bloodfin once before will all join me in the general feeling of not wanting to touch that horrible server again with a 50 foot pole, and I was a developer there at the time we had Goon Squad running around there.

There are so many reasons why Bloodfin is literally the worst poo poo show in the entire emu scene but I won't get into that.

Yeah I've heard all about that, and I can see how the dev environment wouldn't mesh with how goon guilds tend to work, and there's that stupid bullshit with the wipe where they claimed they got hacked.

I mean there's all that but it lets me play with neat toys and without too much time investment, which counts for a lot for me. Maybe I'm just shallow. I don't care much for the MMO part though, that probably helps.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

jabro posted:

Yes, I'm sure thousands will flock as soon as they go live.

Just saw this, you underestimate the appeal of a live server with JTL. MassivelyOP/PCGamer will get wind of it, bam 4000 concurrent players.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I actually hope this flies under the radar because i'm afraid Disney/LucasFilm will send their millions of copyright lawyers after this server once they catch wind of it.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

Just saw this, you underestimate the appeal of a live server with JTL. MassivelyOP/PCGamer will get wind of it, bam 4000 concurrent players.

The assumption that the low test pop was due to lack of interest also ignores that development took place in secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I actually hope this flies under the radar because i'm afraid Disney/LucasFilm will send their millions of copyright lawyers after this server once they catch wind of it.

At this point, I think it's fair to say that they either don't care about it or someone is protecting it from EA's lawyers. Galaxies-related projects have gotten plenty of publicity long-term and the only thing that got Galaxy in Turmoil (Battlefront III fan game) shut down was Electronic Arts. LucasFilm was completely open to working with them but EA has an exclusive contract on Star Wars games for the next ten years.

If anyone is going to shut this down, it's going to be Electronic Arts because "it's taking away from The Old Republic/the rumored Destiny: Star Wars edition project".