Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm visiting Mexico City for 10 days solo Feb 3rd-13th. Been wanting to visit there for a while and finally taking the time to do it. I'm going to be checking out the February version of the Zona Maco and whatever else will be going on then. But other than that I don't have any plans. I like food and art and design an interesting people so where do I go for those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I'm visiting Mexico City for 10 days solo Feb 3rd-13th. Been wanting to visit there for a while and finally taking the time to do it. I'm going to be checking out the February version of the Zona Maco and whatever else will be going on then. But other than that I don't have any plans. I like food and art and design an interesting people so where do I go for those things.

I'm going on Monday December 5th and would like it if some of you would respond to Mr. Darude's request.

Casual Yogurt
Jul 1, 2005

Cool tricks kid, I like your style.
I just got back from CDMX for the first time. Here are my general babbles:

Mexico City is awesome, I was actually very impressed. I was with a bunch of friends and we stayed in a big hostel in the central zone and that was super convenient as a launch pad to go do stuff. Culture wise do Frida Kahlo museum, Leon Trotsky's house/museum is close to that too those are both easy to hit. Chapultepec park is classic and has Art museums(kinda smallish) and the castle to top of the hill but I didn't pay to get in so I don't know whats up with that.

Food wise I really don't know, there's a poo poo ton of food everywhere and fancy poo poo too, I had some fancy mexican food and it was good and I ate a bunch of tacos/tortas.

Teotihuacan Pyramids are awesome.

We did the boats in Xochimilco and it was a poo poo show, massive amounts of high schoolers partying super hard, felt kinda pervy but I would recommend it on a non peak party time.

CDMX is loving HUGE there is so much going on it reminded me of NYC.

The Metro is absolutely loving crazy. I love public transport and I've been on a lot of trains around the world, never have I seen anything like the subway in CDMX. Avoid at rush hour and hold onto your valuables.

I'm white as gently caress and spent a week right after the election and felt very safe, I can get by with some spanish but CDMX is great and I love it.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
I really loved the anthropological museum in mexico city. Apart from the acropolis museum in Athens, I haven't seen anything like it in the world. You'll get good food everywhere but the two proper meals I remember were in El Cardenal and Quintonil. Most of the other evenings we spent in tacquerias getting wasted on mezcal.

Teotihuacan is of course awesome.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

The museums were my favorite part of DF.

- Anthropological Museum is the most famous one. The Aztec wing is the best.
- I liked the Templo Mayor museum even more. It's like the Antropological but is even more in depth on the Aztecs of Tenochtlan. It's newer and has more descriptions in English.
- The folk art museum is a real hidden gem. The building is not too flashy, but there is some awesome, trippy art here.
- Chapultepec Castle is a must see, even if you're not super into the history museum or castle, the views of the surrounding park and the rest of the city make it worth it.

Although it's not in DF itself, I'll third that Teotihuacan is incredible. I'm amazed, in fact, at how underrated it is - at least the equal of Macchu Picchu, and certainly more impressive in many ways. Give yourself an entire day here, it's a huge city to explore.

• Locked thread