Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

I'm going to say this now and I will again when I send out the role pm's: On my honor, this is not another bastard mod setup where you are all secretly vanilla. I swear there are roles in this game.

You'll see why I have to make this statement when you get your PM.

You are a backup backup cop.

If the cop dies making the backup cop the cop, and then that backup cop dies, you will then become the cop.

But only if it's a Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Max posted:

this is not another bastard mod setup where you are all secretly vanilla.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

quote:

You are Vanilla Town backup scum juggernaut. If a vanilla town dies at any point, you will become a scum aligned juggernaut. Anyone who has investigated your alignment previously will be made aware of your new alignment.

That's an interesting role and I may use it in the future don't steal my stuff!!!!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

quote:

You are a town aligned poo poo head. You suck and nobody likes you. Please kill yourself.

:drat:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

My dad's dog was named poo poo head.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My dad's dog was named poo poo head.

My man

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You are a backup backup cop.

If the cop dies making the backup cop the cop, and then that backup cop dies, you will then become the cop.

But only if it's a Tuesday.

You are a back up back up back up cop.

If the cop dies. Back up cop dies. Back up back up cop dies. Then you are the dinosaur.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

You are a back up back up back up cop.

If the cop dies. Back up cop dies. Back up back up cop dies. Then you are the dinosaur.

You are JimsonTheBetrayer.

You are E-corp aligned.

The more you post, and the more effort you put into your posts (at the mod's discretion) the more powerful you will become, eventually allowing you to become a Hypercharger on N3.

Each day your posts are full of wit and effort, you will gain a stack of Hated, up to three.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You are JimsonTheBetrayer.

You are E-corp aligned.

The more you post, and the more effort you put into your posts (at the mod's discretion) the more powerful you will become, eventually allowing you to become a Hypercharger on N3.

Each day your posts are full of wit and effort, you will gain a stack of Hated, up to three.

Can u be my secret love?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Can u be my secret love?

Of course my dear.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Of course my dear.

Except our love isn't secret ;p ever since flerp left me I've needed another to hold me at night.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Except our love isn't secret ;p ever since flerp left me I've needed another to hold me at night.

Flerp is a floozy, I'm the real deal, sugar.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

50% of the way there.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Flerp is a floozy, I'm the real deal, sugar.

Sugar... Like what goes in coffee... coffee is hot... and wakes people up... some people like coffee black... Others don't... when someone doesn't like black coffee they get mad when they are served it... racists dont like black people...

Are you a racist tobbs?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Sugar... Like what goes in coffee... coffee is hot... and wakes people up... some people like coffee black... Others don't... when someone doesn't like black coffee they get mad when they are served it... racists dont like black people...

Are you a racist tobbs?

My rabid misanthropy is sometimes misconstrued as racism but it's doled out equally amongst all humankind.

This is not a scum claim.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Finished. I'm now testing for exploits to see how you jerks might break the game over your knee. I'll likely send out role PM's in about 3 hours.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
No matter what you do I will break it

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Finished. I'm now testing for exploits to see how you jerks might break the game over your knee. I'll likely send out role PM's in about 3 hours.

IDC what your fancy pants setup says imma claim SK day 1 and I'm not even gonna consider a case that isn't based entirely on a flavor slip.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Maaaaaaaan I am tired of disabling comments. OK! I think I have done as much as I can.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Maaaaaaaan I am tired of disabling comments. OK! I think I have done as much as I can.

Spreadsheet Mafia: More docs than players

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

No matter what you do I will break it

Kashuno is gonna hack the gibson

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:f5h::f5:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm going to send the PM's out now.

I'm going to re-iterate this again: This is not a bastard mod setup, you are all not secretly vanilla, there are actually roles in this game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello Hackers,

It appears the tools we got you have all been corrupted or lost when the rest of the databases were encrypted. Minor oversight on our part.

Lucky for us, there is always an exploit, be it in the code, or irl.

Our exploit is Bill.

Bill is a nice enough guy. But Evil Corp should never have hired him from Steel Mountain. But their mistake is our gain. Because he’s in charge of the backups for the internal user files.

In order to retrieve your personal info, you’re going to have to break into the user file directory to find the link to your personal folder. The password for your folder is the password you provided me. The password for the user directory though, that one you will have to figure out on your own. At the beginning of each game day, Bill will change the password to the directory. I’ll provide a visual clue as to what that password may be, and leave it in this folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9vp1553zvv8zkt8/AAC80rrPuC2aeMfsnxeET9IJa?dl=0

Your clue for Day 1 is a scan of a photo that sits on Bill's desk.

You’ll find the instructions for how that works, along with each day’s clue. The first one is already up and ready for you to view.

You will require zero hacking skills or coding ability to figure out the passwords for each day. The clues will always be in the form of a picture, and can be solved via analyzing the photos and basic social engineering.

All passwords are lowercase, have no spaces, and only contain letters. No special symbols or numbers.

Warning: It may be tempting to post the password once you solve it. You should know that while you may be helping out the rest of the town, you are also helping the scum, as they have a host of tools that they need to access as well.

Another reminder: Because posting your username and/or password is tantamount to posting your Role PM in thread, I will modkill you if you claim your username or password, or both.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

OK!

Town PM posted:

Welcome to F Society

We’ve got you embedded within Evil Corp to work to take down their servers from within. You have basic access to their network. We’ve set up a drop server with all your information and tools you will need to take down network he-

[Message Corrupted]

--ide from that, you are town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

God of Evil Cows (Username: cattleman, Password: bovine420master), F Society (Town) Aligned, has been fired for job abandonment on D0

It is now Day 1! Deadline is Thursday, December 1, at 11PM EST.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

I'm going to send the PM's out now.

I'm going to re-iterate this again: This is not a bastard mod setup, you are all not secretly vanilla, there are actually roles in this game.

i'm not secretly vanilla

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Solved it. Let's get a consensus, do you guys think it's worth sharing?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Flying Leatherman posted:

Solved it. Let's get a consensus, do you guys think it's worth sharing?

As a note, solving this gave me access to my role information. I'd imagine there's probably similar information for you, the individual reading this post

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
well, already have too many attempts so I guess I'm locked out

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

well, already have too many attempts so I guess I'm locked out

Yeah, you'll have to wait a bit before you can try again if that happens.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
confirmed

or am I??

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd say keep it to yourself at this point. See if people have trouble. I'll take a look when I get home.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hey guys I've never seen dr robot please no spoilers in fact nobody post anything

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

my one attempt was too many attempts!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Flying Leatherman posted:

As a note, solving this gave me access to my role information. I'd imagine there's probably similar information for you, the individual reading this post

Vbad to give out. Imagine the pandemonium

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh boy my work blocks Dropbox looks like I'm gonna do some hacking IRL!!!!!!! :twisted:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I am bad at visual puzzles and will forever remain VT.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

This password is gonna drive me bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

This password is gonna drive me bonkers.

It let me put in five more attempts and locked me out again. I thought it had something to do with college but apparently not.

• Locked thread