Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i can't promise i'll be as active as i normally am, but i promise i won't sign up for anymore games and i'll post at least once a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Am I the only one having a hard time with this haha

nope

i tried 'training' from a reverse gis and 'ithaca' and a few combinations thereof.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Flying Leatherman posted:

You're on the right track, though. If you went to college at Ithaca and wanted to base your password on your college what would you think about maybe basing it off of

i think i got it but i have been locked out for a long rear end time.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
christ on a cracker it was embarrassing how long that took

every body be on the lookout bc i'm coming for your bites and byes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Flying fisherman

tbf it is weird.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i think there has to be more to the hacking. otherwise most of us wpuld be done with that part of the game d1.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

So from what I seended I pretty much guessed what was going to be in my secret file by what was left out of my role PM. It wasn't of consequence to me. Because it wasn't something that changed how I was going to play or something crazy like LOL U R TOWN BUT SECRETELY YOUR SCUM AND YOU WON'T KNOW UNLESS YOU BREAK IN!

So yeah im town alligned and my role pm more or less left it as it is.

so you didn't get access to the town oot irc server huh

##vote jimson

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Well don't tell him, now he'll just hack his way in

i checked out once taste started up a mini mafia in the irc anyway

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
for farts sake jmom.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I had to get a new computer :(

But my new one is pretty dope :toot:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I thought BK's case on you was good. Honestly so much of the posting has been totally useless. I know I didn't contribute too much to that but man, I just can't get anything out of it. BK's case was good but I have a lot of trouble thinking that you're not just town arguing past people.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

This is my scumpen list hth

Even from an incidental reread that seems fake. How do you figure those three as teammates?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah, I reread Tobbs and I'm not feeling it. Definitely crazypants, but not scum I don't think. Keeping my vote on Jimson, gonna reread him though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Yes but do you think he is scum?

Anyway I think ##vote opop is the right cuddle today. He spent a ton of time talking about post count and then the rest of it tunneling on Kash. Considering the white noise has all but disappeared now that people are actually playing the game and engaging this post stood out to me. If you look through the posts on previous pages, Kash had already abandoned the PR and started posting like a human, and was actively engaging. There are also not any other reads there, just a one-off thing about thinking Tobbs is scummy.

This also sounds pretty good.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I reckon well wait and see huh?

booo, scum

##vote retro futurist

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i want more time to figure out the puzzo but sure, pmom.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well gently caress, ya got me Max. ##vote pmom

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
mother fucker, max.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i have tried a bunch of vacation themed passwords, but nada.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
my gut says hal btw

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ugh, I'll go through and play some actual mafia tonight.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i feel like the d4 password is real solvable but i'm sick and loopy right now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
sorry dad i'm still too dumb to get it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i am p. sure bk is town and hal's posting today seems town. i dunno why jim would help with the password(even if i still haven't got it) if he was scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

Where did he help with the password? I think that's a lie

Also, wasn't Jimson the one who voted someone else right before the PMom vote

on this page, like a couple times. he linked to this earlier http://www.crosswordsolver.org/solve/---ee---/0

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hello i am still very sick

let me read a couple people before i fall back asleep

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Kashuno that was a really solid way to get everyone to do the work for you, bud, nice scum move there

i'm fine with the initial vote here even though it's obviously nonsense. looks like quid trying to drum up activity.

Quidthulhu posted:

Dude you are all over the place, Kash

Please explain to me how you got a midday post restriction.

So far I am comfortable with my vote.

this is super goony though. the post restriction bit is making something out of nothing.

Quidthulhu posted:

What content analysis do you have, exactly, from my like 12 posts that makes me look like scum at all? You've said I "look worse than bowmore" which is implying you have seen something scummy but I cannot possibly imagine what.

"i'm not posting very much is a weird defense."

Quidthulhu posted:

If you couldn't do it at the time why make a giant show of...doing it at the time?

Like I see now the posts you made where you were all "oh i'm at work anyway so i can't get there" but I didn't see them at the time because all you were posting was garbage about trying to get the password.

The fact that you are CONTINUALLY hiding behind this "but I couldn't do it!" defense is also scummy as hell. What the heck is the point of all your posting if not to tell us "i'm engaged guys, really, i'm engaged, look at me engaging"

Don't say fun.

there's a lot more of this junk and i'm not going to the time to sift through it all. it reads like posturing to me.

Quidthulhu posted:

what the hell is this? what does this have to do with anything? why are you content gaming in a way that has absolutely nothing to do with people making alignment calls?

Quidthulhu posted:

I don't think discussing whether or not someone is avoiding having to engage and offer opinions is a waste of time but OKAY.

Is Tobbs content game post someone posting a picture that I missed or something? Do you (or anyone) know why he brought that up?

Quidthulhu posted:

LOL what is this now? Didn't you just come out against me based on my interaction with Kash and you thinking I looked fake in that?

What are you doing, Tobbs.

Quidthulhu posted:

....##vote Tobbs

the building to voting tobbs here looks artificial, like quid knows from the start that he wants to dump his losing case on kash but he wants to flesh out the narrative so that the transition reads better.

the content afterwards isn't particularly helpful. i'd vote quid.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

ummm yeah but who are the bad guys

a little coaching.

Hal Incandenza posted:

what's going on jimson. no one else is here and I should be asleep like 20 minutes ago but let solve this poo poo and win right now. f mafia

one of the few early game posts from hal that i find awkward. he's already solved the password at the time of posting this.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm with Jimson, Pinterest mom posting the password because he was tired of waiting for his dumb scumbros to figure out the password.

Also the reaction to being voted was crappy

some significant shade being thrown early on.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Who are you? Do I know you?

I will vote PinMom when I feel like it, that one thing about the password is suspicious as hell but PMom plays like he gives no fucks all the time so I will need more to go on.

Let me analyze more recent play and see where I stand.

a couple people have noted these two posts, but i think it's worth mentioning that they're only a day apart. that gives me a townier read, actually.

i don't see the point in continuing this. i've read ahead on hal here and i don't see anything that really strikes me as scummy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Oh yeah ##vote pmom

apropos nothing. reads more like distancing or bussing than anything.

Yeah okay buddy :3

##vote Kashuno

I'm voting kashuno. He keeps doing this whole... "GUYS LOOK I'M TOTALLY PLAYING MAFIA!" poo poo and it reeks of scum. He's not really providing any real content and even worse? When he does try to generate content he does it like this... Hidden behind a wall of "LOL I'M JUST BEING FUN" smoke and mirrors. Yet at the same time he's getting pissy at people for set up spec on d1. A d1 might I add where due to the nature of the game we have more set up spec information to work with than actual scum reads. Other than pmom giving out the password out of the blue no one else has really done anything AS scummy as this.

ehhhhh, this case feels a little fake coming from jimson. it's not like him to rain on someone else's parade. also, it's not exactly like kash's work was hard to parse. i fail to see what information setup spec has gained us.

this is his scum list. has jim even mentioned bk at this point? i don't think so. again, why pmom? feels fake.

right before day 1 deadline. trying to appear on the right side of history rather than making the productive vote.

Oh sorry lol I see your confusion.

When I said scum I meant not f society sorry guys.

jim has completely dropped this weird tangent.

i'd vote jim too.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'll wait another ten minutes to see if anyone checks in, then i'm going back to bed.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Quidnose

2.5 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i won

Max posted:

day 4/5 was scallops (you had to translate the runes. The idea was that it had to be something bob would think about.

jimson you piece of poo poo dogdick moron, i hate you.

• Locked thread