Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WELCOME TO THE DANIEL BRAVERMAN ERA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Manziel being sued for breaking bar employee's nose

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chris James 2 posted:

Manziel being sued for breaking bar employee's nose

Will his defense be submitting his tape?

"As you can see your honor, if I was trying to punch him in the nose I clearly would have hit him in the stomach."

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

drat, Justin Houston really takes his assignments seriously.

Seriously though, :smith:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DariusLikewise posted:

There's no fuckin way the Rams are winning 3 more games this season to reach 7-9

With our best linemen, Justin Britt (:cripes: this isn't even funny anymore), out there is a chance you guys sweep us again this season!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

With our best linemen, Justin Britt (:cripes: this isn't even funny anymore), out there is a chance you guys sweep us again this season!

literally the reason Jeff Fisher still has a job is he keeps sticking it to you guys

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Spoeank posted:

literally the reason Jeff Fisher still has a job is he keeps sticking it to you guys

Jeff Fischer just passed Tom Landry to become the #2 on all time losses. 3 more losses and he gets #1.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Lote posted:

Jeff Fischer just passed Tom Landry to become the #2 on all time losses. 3 more losses and he gets #1.

I have complete faith he can get this record. Even if this is his last year. (It won't be his last year.)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm rooting for him to get the extension because that way even if we're denied the record this year, it's absolutely happening next year

And if it happens this year, he'll put himself at a distant advantage to keep it for a long long time the longer he stays

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Lote posted:

To put that in perspective, Landry was 88 games over .500 while Fisher is currently 10 games over .500.

Fisher is #88 all time in win %.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Playoff scenarios:

Cowboys clinch a spot with a win and Buccaneers or Washington Loss

Jaguars - Eliminated with any loss

Jets - Eliminated with a loss and any one of: Eagles, Broncos,Dolphins or Bills OR if the Steelers and Bengals or Chargers win.

Bengals - Eliminated with a loss and Steelers, Ravens and Broncos wins.

Bears - Eliminated with a loss OR Washington and Lions or Vikings & Packers wins OR Buccaneers, Packers, Vikings, Falcons and Saints wins.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Its okay to be number 1 in a bad category as long as you have longevity and greatness on your side. Nobody really holds it against Brett Favre that he is the all time leader in interceptions due to his greatness and longevity. Same deal with Reggie Jackson and strikeouts.

Jeff Fisher is going to be the all time leader in coaching losses combining longevity and mediocrity. It's genuinely fascinating that he has been able to hold onto such a coveted position for as long as he has.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

fishing with the fam posted:

Its okay to be number 1 in a bad category as long as you have longevity and greatness on your side. Nobody really holds it against Brett Favre that he is the all time leader in interceptions due to his greatness and longevity.

Jeff Fisher is going to be the all time leader in coaching losses combining longevity and mediocrity. It's genuinely fascinating that he has been able to hold onto such a coveted position for as long as he has.

BRAD CHILDRESS has a better win % than Jeff Fisher, for gently caress's sake.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

Playoff scenarios:

Cowboys clinch a spot with a win and Buccaneers or Washington Loss

Kind of a weird relationship there, isn't it?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jeff fisher started out pretty good imo

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yeah his Titans teams were NFL powerhouses when I was in high school. Eddie George, Steve McNair, Derrick Mason and them

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Chichevache posted:

He has 2 weeks to get healthy. The Rams will get crushed by the Patriots this weekend and barring a collapse the Atlanta game is a loss as well. You will have a shaken rookie quarterback coming to play in Seattle, that should be enough to beat the Rams and put the final nail in the Jeff Fisher coffin.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

sean10mm posted:

BRAD CHILDRESS has a better win % than Jeff Fisher, for gently caress's sake.

Childress wasn't that terrible of a coach? I mean, he deserves a lot of poo poo for letting the Vikings turn into what they did in 2010, but the impression I had was that he was solid before then. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong, however.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also fisher was the first to get a team through salary cap hell.

Meanwhile, in Carolina in 1998.....

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DariusLikewise posted:

He has 2 weeks to get healthy. The Rams will get crushed by the Patriots this weekend and barring a collapse the Atlanta game is a loss as well. You will have a shaken rookie quarterback coming to play in Seattle, that should be enough to beat the Rams and put the final nail in the Jeff Fisher coffin.

I forgot about Goff. :laugh: We should probably win this game, but I'm not counting on it. We consistently put in dismal performances against the Rams and I hate elevating my hopes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

weird Asian candy posted:

Kind of a weird relationship there, isn't it?

Basically it'd be take the entire Cowboys offensive line suffering a series of unfortunate calamities, each more calamitous then the last for them to not be at least a wildcard.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If our secondary is all healthy in time for the Rams, I don't expect them to have too much trouble against Goff. Hopefully Sherman or someone can get a pick 6, because I feel like a defensive TD is going to be the difference in that game.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I enjoyed Fishhead when he coached the Titans. He coached to run the dang ball, play field position, have a tough defense and a reliable kicker to win it in the 4th quarter. Not the most glamorous way to coach but he was successful and the Titans had a good run in the early 00s.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

seiferguy posted:

If our secondary is all healthy in time for the Rams, I don't expect them to have too much trouble against Goff. Hopefully Sherman or someone can get a pick 6, because I feel like a defensive TD is going to be the difference in that game.

FLAWED INTUITION

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

RG3 medically cleared to get hurt playing football again.

please don't, man

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Kalli posted:

Basically it'd be take the entire Cowboys offensive line suffering a series of unfortunate calamities, each more calamitous then the last for them to not be at least a wildcard.

even then I'm not sure the team would finish worse than 11-5

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
RG3 please ball out and win more games than the 49ers do for the rest of the season :pray:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

That book is Tebow's second autobiography.

He's 29.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He's 29.

Oh no someone is making money off their name!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He's 29.

His first one sold like a bajillion copies, why wouldn't he print another?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I think that comment was more of lamenting a total lack of content than bemoaning the guy for making money.

At least, if I made that comment that's the direction it would be coming from.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Its like a band releasing a Best Of compilation album after having a whole two stand alone albums.

Edit: If there are schmucks who will buy it, go for it. I'm still gonna think its funny.

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int
honestly surprised by the fact that there are apparently a shitload of tebow stans outside of his obvious audience

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm so tired at work, I want to find an empty conference room and just lay on the table for a nap but the tables are hard and the walls are clear!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Tebow fans are the thinnest skinned motherfuckers alive.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I think that comment was more of lamenting a total lack of content than bemoaning the guy for making money.

At least, if I made that comment that's the direction it would be coming from.

yes

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

shouldn't he make money off his talent first?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

shouldn't he make money off his talent first?
America has changed, man.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

And we can't judge him for it? If I tried to monetize my Something Awful posts it would still be ludicrous and lame, even if I did earn a few bucks doing it. Marketing everything about yourself doesn't make you noble, especially when you claim to follow a man who was pretty clearly not in favor of that poo poo.

Tebow is a hypocritical shill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

seiferguy posted:

Field goals will be the only points scored.

It is known.

• Locked thread