Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Keith Atherton posted:

Tebow knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs on the first play in overtime in the Broncos/Steelers wildcard game in 2012. He will always own for that

Illegal formation, six men on the line, the play was illegal and never should have counted.

I am doomed to point this out every time someone mentions Tebow, I have accepted my fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I just went and looked at it again, and the two wideouts are off the line, and Tebow is back with a receiver. The line around the center has 3 on either side of him. There's nothing illegal about the formation.

To explain the dumb half joke half not joke because the Broncos always have been and always will be filthy cheaters and it probably is technically a penalty the left tackle appears to be lined up just barely more than a yard off the ball, which you're not supposed to do. You can see it here at 11:12 if you're quick on the pause button.

The worst thing that Tebow ever did was going on his run while a member of the Broncos.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

I doubt he'll get many snaps, if any, on Sunday.

He's on the practice squad isn't he? So...yeah.

Logan Thomas: special teams wrecking ball is something I could see in theory if he wants to do it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I think they have to roster him because they signed him off the lions' squad

Oops, yeah they do. I read some headline that said 'signed from Lions practice squad' as 'signed to Lions practice squad.' So I didn't even know where he was now.

Still though imagine all that size and speed bearing down on a kick returner. I like my special teams idea and I hope Logan does too.

e: poo poo no wonder, the Lions had just signed him to the practice squad like yesterday then the Bills swooped in.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 30, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Durandal1707 posted:

I thought it was really dumb of KC to let Rodney Hudson leave in FA.'

Uh, my bad?

They did their best to keep him too, Oakland just won the bidding war.

Morse is good but probably not as good right now as Hudson (unless he's fallen off a cliff, I assume he's still good with the Raiders?). As long as he can stay healthy I'm happy as hell with him though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I feel like the draft thread poo poo on the pick.

I don't remember what TFF thought but generally it wasn't a popular pick anywhere as far as I remember. Part of that might be he was playing LT at Mizzou, and he wasn't super impressive there. It was a given he wasn't drafted to play tackle but if I remember right there was more talk of him playing guard in the NFL than center at first.

For me personally even through the Mizzou homer glasses I didn't like the pick all that much.

e: I mean it makes sense really, even after the Chiefs started working him at center. You let one of the better centers in the league go in order to draft a tackle who hadn't played center in college since his freshman or sophomore season? And he had snap issues back when he did play that position?

The Chiefs also had a backup center that was constantly talked up as really good at the time. Turns out he's not really good since I can't remember his name anymore...ah Eric Kush. He's with the Bears now and...yeah I'm going to stick with the he's not good at all thought.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 1, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whypick1 posted:

Megatron
Barry
Bledsoe? (He does have a ring though)
Johnny Knox
JJ Watt
Nnamdi Asomugha

Tony Gonzalez, Jason Witten--at least for the moment--and Kellen WInslow three TE sets would be pretty ridiculous
Put Barry in the backfield with Thurman Thomas (insane they were both on the same Oklahoma State team, and that team didn't sniff a conference championship)
Jim Kelly instead of Bledsoe
Bruce Smith
(insert 18 other Bills from that era here)

e: No rings/bad luck team is the idea here

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Joe McKnight is the last Jets player with a Special Teams TD. RIP.

https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/804447653161410561

Holy poo poo that's terrible.

A couple of years ago McKnight signed with KC out of nowhere, then completely ripped the Dolphins in his only game with playing time. Then he tore his achilles the next week in practice.

RIP Joe, I appreciate the one good game you had for my team and the fun I had following along with your recruiting/not playing much at USC.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Santheb posted:

The Vikings should've called Rex Grossman up and not given the Eagles a first round draft pick.

They'd have a higher pick and be more fun to watch.

They'd also be 1-11 or so, since the Vikings really need to not turn the ball over to win games.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The only surprising thing for me here is that Matt Ryan has played one more game than Alex Smith.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gynecolojustice posted:

I saw this tweet yesterday and have been desperately hoping it didn't get discussed here

I mean, what is there to discuss? Matt Ryan has been a much more productive quarterback than Alex Smith throughout his career. He's had better weapons in the receiving game too, so there's that.

And that's about it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Who has a better record?

Ryan does, mostly because of Alex's time in SF.

vv--which is kind of impressive that it's that close in its own way because so many of those 49ers teams were flat out awful.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Well........actually, they aren't promoting 17 current refs. The NFL wants to add 17 new refs and expand ref teams to 8 people. So more penalties, yay!!!!!!!!!!!

This was part of Richard Sherman's proposed solution to officiating if I remember right.

Another part of it was letting guys celebrate and be happy, which I have a lot less hope will happen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The CBA already allows up to 17 full time refs so I'm not sure if they will actually change how things are done. It's the NFL, after all.

Well they're changing how things are done by putting an extra ref on every game I suppose. But yeah, that full time thing is not going to extend out to everyone being full time refs anytime soon if that's what anyone is thinking (personally I don't think the full time part of things is a huge deal most of the time but whatever).

In theory the NFL is on solid ground as to 'why' they're doing it this way. This is the best we can do under the CBA, rules are rules and if needed we'll look at them in the offseason. In practice these are 17 new refs who are likely to make bad calls because they're new in addition to making bad calls because they're human. Also another set of eyes in every game to look for someone wagging a finger at the wrong time/shooting a pretend bow/spinning the ball/being happy.

I guess we should wait and see how they implement things either way, right now I don't think we even know where the 8th ref on the field will be lining up/what his responsibilities will be.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Woah guys, don't rush to convict him. He hasn't even been convicted for the other time he violently assaulted someone.

What I get from that article is to never call the number on one of those "am I driving badly" bumper stickers.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Is reggie bush even active?

Who knows, he's been active for 9 games this year and has 9 carries (for -2 yards) and 7 receptions in those games.

I didn't realize just how far he'd fallen off.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

soon-to-bust Christian McCaffrey

I'll give McCaffrey a chance to not bust, people will compare him to Gerhart but he's a way better athlete.

I might also argue Bosworth was more of an injury bust than a talent bust, but who knows. The horse steroids he was on might have stopped working too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chris James 2 posted:

I've seen this phrase so often I now instinctively think people just copy paste it, so I'm always shocked when it's actually new news

Actually just the first game he'll miss this year (I found that surprising too).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It was rumored that Kansas City might be looking at Jeff Fisher before 2012. Either the Rams outbid them or they just decided to keep interim coach Romeo Crennel. My team saved itself by hiring Romeo Crennel as a head coach, who was bad enough that they finally had to get rid of Scott Pioli too.

Everyone share your favorite Jeff Fisher memories.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

This sounds like a crazy conspiracy until you learn that a leak of FBI files confirmed that all this was going on and planned.

A lot of FBI stuff under Hoover was ridiculously shady blatantly illegal.

If the Black Panthers are too scary for people to care they should at least care that they undermined MLK at every opportunity and even attempted to make him kill himself. This is all because of communists for some reason (everything was because of communists). There was nothing wrong with good old fashioned organized crime though.

• Locked thread