Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The cheese grater hats are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Yeah, he probably hadn't even gotten a parking spot yet. :mad:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Please repost that Logan Thomas measurable comparison chart, I realize now I was mistaken and he is pretty much Gronk 2.0

Actually you were right he is no good.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Imagine if Sam Bradford had been brave and come out for the 2009 draft. The Lions would have taken him, I think. Then maybe the Jets would have gotten Stafford.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

ulmont posted:

Didn't the Jets pick Sanchez first overall that draft?

It would have been very strange for the 0-16 team to not get the first pick.

The Jets traded up to #5 for Sanchez with the Browns. I think the Browns actually drafted someone good!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

pmchem posted:

TFF already cover the Simmons/Gladwell article about the state of the NFL?

https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-malcolm-gladwell-future-of-the-nfl-b6e14a14124#.j44cjubef

Good read, this league has so many problems.

I thought this was the most interesting part.

Malcolm Gladwell posted:

[DeMaurice] Smith negotiated one of the all-time-worst collective bargaining AGREEMENTS in history in 2011, when he agreed to a smaller share of total revenue for the players and also to the salary-cap loophole that you’re talking about. But I have to say that his defense kind of convinced me: He has no bargaining power. The only card he can play is a strike, and the odds of getting the players to walk off the job are basically zero. And the owners know that. Think about it: The length of the average career fell by two and a half years from 2008 to 2014, and now stands at under three years. How do you convince the majority of players to risk a third of their projected careers in pursuit of a better deal? He’s right! It’s impossible! Do you remember what else he said? (I think this was off-camera, so forgive me, DeMaurice.) The owner that he feels is most open to improving the lot of the players and thinking rationally about the future of the league is … Dan Snyder. As you would say, Bill: Ladies and gentlemen, your 2016 National Football League! Living proof that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. I say we turn this exchange into an open letter to Snyder, since he is apparently football’s last best hope for salvation.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Can we talk about Ohio State's monstrous 2016 draft class?

Joey Bosa, probable DROY

Ezekiel Elliott, possible DROY, possible MVP/OPOY

Eli Apple, playing the majority of defensive snaps lately

Taylor Decker, day one starter at LT, most impactful tackle in his class so far

Darron Lee, playing a majority of snaps most of the time

Michael Thomas, already a great receiver except for bunched fumbles

Vonn Bell, playing almost every snap lately

Adolphus Washington, started six games

Braxton Miller, has made some plays

Nick Vannett, as many receptions as first-round pick Laquon Treadwell

Joshua Perry, plays on special teams

Cardale Jones, employed

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Yes he is, wrong person. :colbert:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

If I fired the GM, it would be for building such an offensive line, which was bad before the injuries.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Madden Curse appeared to be dead, friends. But it has returned with a vengeance.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Assuming DeAndre Levy doesn't play, the Lions will have two linebackers tomorrow against the number two scoring offense: Antwione Williams, a fifth-round rookie, and Josh Bynes, whom they re-signed a month ago after cutting him from IR to start the year. Not exactly ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I hope that "team employees" is just euphemism for the players.

• Locked thread