Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

no wireless speakers. do not spend money on wireless speakers.

acceptable are paradigm, bowers&wilkins, dynaudio with nad dac/amp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

those are v good what are they hooked up to

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

qirex posted:

those ones I posted don't need to be used wirelessly they have normal inputs and a dac built in they just also have wireless since it's all on one chip and they can charge more I've heard the dynaudio xeos they sound really good
inbuilt dac/amp (active speaker) is trash for children, no way the xeos come close to dynaudio's passive line. the excite x18 is one of the best bookshelves ive heard but it was juuuust outside of my price range

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

qirex posted:

depends on the components, some of the best speakers in the world are active [e.g. wilson audio] and the xeos are their excite speakers with some electronics attached to them, they wouldn't sound any different unless they used crappy components and that's not what dynaudio is known for

active speakers make audiophiles mad because they can't spend 50 grand making them sound the same/worse with giant piles of outboard gear and cables
which of the wilson speakers are active? i dont think teh alexandrias are (the ones they are known for which stebe [pbuh] had a pair iirc)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

r u ready to WALK posted:

The harman kardon soundsticks were actually pretty decent and I miss the good old Apple computers that you would plug them into like the iBook and the iMac
wow lol they still make them

• Locked thread