Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bring back the Dallas GP

(just don't, you know, have it in the dead of summer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

There is nowhere to run the dallas GP because the original area was bulldozed.

Also, the roads are poo poo and the locals would complain. On top of that it was 80F all the up to mid November. It doesn't drop below 90 until the end of October.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 1, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Bring back the Adelaide season ender. :colbert:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

SPACE HOMOS posted:

There is nowhere to run the dallas GP because the original area was bulldozed.

Also, the roads are poo poo and the locals would complain. On top of that it was 80F all the up to mid November. It doesn't drop below 90 until the end of October.

What is this ferrin racin'? This ain't NASCAR!! :clint:

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Carth Dookie posted:

Bring back the Adelaide season ender. :colbert:

Hell, I'd be keen. It'll be Heaps Good.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's weird that Baku is the circuit with the longest straight (if you include the flat-kink).

... well done baku?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Wait so who is the Moral WDC of 2016? I don't think I ever read a definitive answer.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

keevo posted:

Wait so who is the Moral WDC of 2016? I don't think I ever read a definitive answer.

It's always Lewis.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

keevo posted:

We (by "We" I mean The Thread Council of human being Retards) reached a consensus around the European arm of the championship that it was Fernando Alonso.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I say Are Dan, but only because he actually won a race and put on a good show in a non-Merc car :colbert:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The moral WDC was you, the fans.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Unlikely.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
It's Nando, fancy even asking that question. What the gently caress are we doing here? I mean seriously.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alain Post posted:

RELEVANT SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Time Magazine Person of the Year, 2006
Formula One Moral World Drivers' Champion, 2016

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Halo14 posted:

It's Nando, fancy even asking that question. What the gently caress are we doing here? I mean seriously.
Honestly

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

It's definitely out of Nando and Are Dan with Nando just taking it out TBH

Also congrats to whoever owns 'Me and Bobby Merhi' in the Autosport F1 predictor for Worst Thread - coming from the clouds to steal 1st in the last race

http://gppredictor.com/league/show/id/56e88c0230746e355fe36cdf/code/fd7f158b6e927d9edcbd94e636603807

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

44 is half of 88

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

HJB posted:

44 is half of 88

Devine Dabber?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HJB posted:

44 is half of 88

I'm reminded of that car Hitler was inspecting that had 44 as the number. I think it was posted in the in season thread

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

lotharr posted:

It's definitely out of Nando and Are Dan with Nando just taking it out TBH

Also congrats to whoever owns 'Me and Bobby Merhi' in the Autosport F1 predictor for Worst Thread - coming from the clouds to steal 1st in the last race

http://gppredictor.com/league/show/id/56e88c0230746e355fe36cdf/code/fd7f158b6e927d9edcbd94e636603807

A begrudging congrats to FatStar Racing who stole 4th place from me in the last race as well.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

iospace posted:

I'm reminded of that car Hitler was inspecting that had 44 as the number. I think it was posted in the in season thread

Oh yeah

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HJB posted:

Oh yeah

Wuffles' response was pretty good too:

wuffles posted:

The irony of this image is still cracking me up.

:science: "Vell, mein Furer I have great news. In zee futcha, a decedent of zis very car vill bring Mercedes multiple Vorld Champships! But...um..."
:hitler: "But vhat!? Vhat iz zee problem!?"
:eng99: "I..I'm afraid to say, mein Furer"

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Watched the 99 season review today and I remembered how common it used to be for team principals to walk up and down the pitlane to talk to their counterparts about strategy and doing each other a solid. Also, I lol'd seeing Patrick Head go and berate Jean Todt because his car was a piece of poo poo and Salo backed Schumacher up.

Also, what a loving legend Irvine was. Allegedly gave up his winner's trophy to Salo for being a solid number 2.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I just find it funny that for years they've been finding ways to slow the cars down, and make the tracks slower and safer with chicanes... and then suddenly make a bunch of sweeping changes to the cars which will make them faster, and then start cutting out the chicanes again.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Falken posted:

I just find it funny that for years they've been finding ways to slow the cars down, and make the tracks slower and safer with chicanes... and then suddenly make a bunch of sweeping changes to the cars which will make them faster, and then start cutting out the chicanes again.

It is admittedly a balancing act. Drivers (and fans) want faster cars, or at least faster lap times. Some of both want to come back home alive.

Speaking of which, halo is going in next year, right?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

iospace posted:

Speaking of which, halo is going in next year, right?

No.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
https://uk-sport-f1.yahoo.com/post/153900467688/clarkson-says-raikkonen-should-have-won-f1-title

James May posted:

I watched the bowling and the darts in the pub the other day and I found those both quite riveting. But I still can’t sit through a Formula 1 race

minstrels
Nov 15, 2009
Those of you watching old seasons during the winter, where are you finding them?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

How long until we are #blessed with the Grand Prix of North Korea?

I'm with those of you in the end of the last thread who have run out of drivers to support. I will have Fernando, of course, but I really don't know who else I can get behind. Literally half of the drivers are practically unrecognizable nobodies to me.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I'm personally rooting for another USGP that runs around Trump tower.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I want to see an F1 race at Macau...

Using nothing but Maldonado clones :unsmigghh:

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

minstrels posted:

Those of you watching old seasons during the winter, where are you finding them?

YouTube actually has a lot of races. Dailymotion also has a bunch.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So NASCAR had a press conference announcing Monster Energy as the new top sponsor.

Monster dude threw shade at Red Bull saying this year and last year's WDCs were sponsored by Monster.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/french-gp-poised-for-surprise-f1-return-in-2018-855952/

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

yesss

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/french-gp-poised-for-surprise-f1-return-in-2018-855952/

So a Bernie owned track may get a GP, I wonder how much he charges himself?
I imagine an eternal cat tied to a piece of buttered toast deal going on

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Paul Ricard owns as a layout and it kind of always looked a bit like a parking lot/highway. Hope they use the long layout.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Alain Post posted:

Paul Ricard owns as a layout and it kind of always looked a bit like a parking lot/highway. Hope they use the long layout.

I'm willing to put $50 on track limits being an issue there next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Do cats like toast?

• Locked thread