Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jordan Reed is Out. So is Trevor Siemian.

With Reed out, Vernon Davis is upgraded and the entire Broncos offense is downgraded. Unless you are a Paxton Lynch True Believer?

VietCampo posted:

Vernon Davis @ARI

or

Vance Mcdonald @CHI

full ppr, replacing Gronk, gg.

Flip a coin. Kaep has been generous with targets to McDonald, but Davis is now the TE1 in a hot Redskins offense.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Tyreek over Crabtree this week? Even with Maclin back? 1ppr

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

No. Ronald Darby has a concussion so Crabtree is facing backup corners.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Vernon Davis @ Arizona

OR

Martellus Bennett vs LA

Non-ppr

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RCarr posted:

Vernon Davis @ Arizona

OR

Martellus Bennett vs LA

Non-ppr

Bennett.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
In .5 PPR do I roll with Ebron @NO or pick up Cam Brate @SD?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Epi Lepi posted:

In .5 PPR do I roll with Ebron @NO or pick up Cam Brate @SD?

I think in both floor and ceiling that Ebron is the choice here.

Okay, winner gets in, standard scoring. For a flex:

Marvin Jones @ NO
Todd Gurley vs NE
Mike Wallace vs MIA

Also, what defense of the poo poo pools available?

WSH @ ARI
NYJ vs IND
CHI vs SF (!)
SF @ CHI (!?!?)
JAX vs DEN (idk)

Or do I roll the dice and stay steady with the Chiefs at the Falcons? Justin Houston killin it. Not IDP but just saying.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Dec 3, 2016

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

No. Ronald Darby has a concussion so Crabtree is facing backup corners.

Does this change with Maclin out? (Hill or Crabtree in 1ppr)?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Cam @ Seattle or
Rivers vs TB

4 pptd. It's a 2 QB league and my other starter is Matt Ryan, if that matters.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

MalleusDei posted:

Now that Maclin is out, I'm confidently starting Hill in PPR.

Rogue Elephant posted:

Cam @ Seattle or
Rivers vs TB

Rivers.

--------

Now mine - PPR, pick 3

Tyreek Hill @ ATL
OBJ @ PIT
Snead vs DET

Hopkins @ GB

I'm terrified that this is the week Hopkins plays well. It's a must win week for me. Basically down to Hopkins vs Snead imo
Should I just go with Nuk and go down with the ship if he flops again?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Rogue Elephant posted:

Cam @ Seattle or
Rivers vs TB

I'd go Rivers here

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Basically down to Hopkins vs Snead imo

I have the same conundrum in my league. Need to choose between Hopkins and Snead in a win-and-I'm-in scenario. I JUST DON'T KNOW MAN

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Watkins @ OAK
or
Gore @ NJY

Standard

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MalleusDei posted:

Ugh. I... dunno. Yeah. Sorry, now I don't have a strong opinion either way. I'm fighting a personal bias (Raiders homer) so maybe I'm too down on Hill, and you should start Hill? :shrug:

Rogue Elephant posted:

Cam @ Seattle or
Rivers vs TB

Not only is it solidly Rivers this week (Cam is vs. the Seahawks, #5 vs. QBs, while Rivers is vs. the Bucs, #20 vs. QBs), but Cam should be permanently benched for Rivers/Ryan combo rest of season, unless the Panthers suddenly wake up and start being not terrible again. In the last five games (since coming off bye), Cam is averaging 227.2 yards and one passing touchdown per game (plus two rushing TDs, for 7 TDs total). He's completing less than 50% of his passes and his rushing yardage is way down, too.

Meanwhile, Rivers faces TB, Car, Oak, Cle, (KC week 17). I like all of those matchups except the week 17 one, but hopefully your league is done by then, right?

Chernabog posted:

Watkins @ OAK
or
Gore @ NJY

Standard

In standard, Gore should get like ten points against the Jets, who are #16th vs. RBs, and he's got a solid floor of around that normally. Without Luck, he only got 2 points against Pittsburgh, but Luck is off the injury report so I think it's safe to say he's back at his normal ~10 to 15 point range.

Sammy Watkins has a broken bone in his foot. He's supposedly playing for sure this weekend, but I don't think you can rely on him at all. He had three catches and 8 points in standard last week and maybe he'll do better than that this week, or maybe not. Oakland is only 22nd against WRs, but the Bills are a run-first offense and despite the Q designation, Shady is going to play. Marquise Goodwin is also practicing and will likely play, so Watkins is not Tyrod's only viable target. On the other hand, there's not much after Goodwin: Robert Woods and Percy Harvin are both ruled out, Walter Powell just went on IR, and Brandon Tate is questionable with a concussion. That leaves Watkins, Goodwin, and Justin Taylor as their only "healthy" wideouts going into the weekend and honestly I'm wondering how in the gently caress that even works? Charles Clay might not even play because he just had a baby and didn't travel to Oakland and was Questionable anyway, so the Bills just promoted another TE (Gerald Christian) up from the practice squad.

Soooo. I think the Bills are doomed this week, they're going to run the gently caress out of the ball, Watkins and Goodwin are the only guys that the Raiders need to really cover downfield, and I'd be really hesitant to start Sammy. I mean, maybe he's the one good point of passing offense and will get a billion targets? It's possible! But a big gamble.

I'd go Gore for the sure points, or Watkins for the upside lottery ticket with a potential floor of 0.

RCarr posted:

I have the same conundrum in my league. Need to choose between Hopkins and Snead in a win-and-I'm-in scenario. I JUST DON'T KNOW MAN

DeAndre Hopkins will do exactly what he's been doing for the last like ten games: five catches for 35-70 yards, and no touchdowns. His last TD was in week 5!

Willie Snead will do exactly what he's been doing for this season: 3-6 catches for 35-70 yards, and no touchdowns. He had two TDs against the Broncos in week 10, but he's only got 4 TDs on the season.

You can confidently roll out with either of these guys for approximately the same disappointing results. Hopkins theoretically has more upside, but not as long as the 72 Million Dollar Man is behind center. Snead is a competent WR3 on a pass-heavy offense led by Drew Fuckin' Brees, but the Saints have plenty of targets to distribute the ball to, and you really can't hope for a Snead to Hightower TD pass again, although in theory that upside is there too.

Flip a coin, guys, if these are the two players you're picking from, there's just nothing solid to push one over the other.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
Win and I am in, lose and I need a lot of poo poo to break my way. Would you play this any different?

QB: Cousins
RB: Ware
RB: Forte
WR: AB84
WR: Evans
TE: Kelce
Flex: Booker
DST: MIN
K: Sturgis

Bench: Marvin Jones, Hightower, Starks, B. Powell, K. Dixon, S. Watkins

I am thinking Hightower over Booker if, and only if, Ingram is declared out. I am tempted by Jones' matchup (NO), but he has become such a dud and is now questionable, so I'm thinking "no."

Edit: .5 ppr.

Edit 2: reports about Jones Jr. and DET activating a practice squad WR have removed Jones from contention for me, despite the sweet match-up.

MarquisDeCarabas fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 4, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Asking again, now with updated starters.

Non-PPR, pick one RB and one flex.

Carlos Hyde @ Chi (RB)
Spencer Ware @ Atl (Flex)

Golden Tate @ NO
Mark Ingram vs Det
Jamison Crowder @ Ari
Davante Adams vs Hou

Also pick a QB:

Derek Carr vs Buf
Kirk Cousins @ Ari
or drop one for Phil Rivers?

-

And on my other team:

This is a must-win (plus at least one other person losing and me beating their PF) for a playoff slot, also non-PPR, pick one flex:

Donte Moncrief @ NYJ
Thomas Rawls vs Car
Taylor Gabriel vs KC
Tim Hightower vs Det
Willie Snead vs Det
Chris Ivory vs Den
Marquess Wilson vs SF

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Inspector_666 posted:

Asking again, now with updated starters.

Non-PPR, pick one RB and one flex.

Carlos Hyde @ Chi (RB)
Spencer Ware @ Atl (Flex)

Golden Tate @ NO
Mark Ingram vs Det
Jamison Crowder @ Ari
Davante Adams vs Hou

Also pick a QB:

Derek Carr vs Buf
Kirk Cousins @ Ari
or drop one for Phil Rivers?

-

And on my other team:

This is a must-win (plus at least one other person losing and me beating their PF) for a playoff slot, also non-PPR, pick one flex:

Donte Moncrief @ NYJ
Thomas Rawls vs Car
Taylor Gabriel vs KC
Tim Hightower vs Det
Willie Snead vs Det
Chris Ivory vs Den
Marquess Wilson vs SF
I like your choices overall, but might lean Rivers over the other two this week. He and Cousins look pretty comparable after that, both a bit ahead of Carr ROS (I really don't like Carr @ KC on a Thursday). Personally I would feel OK dropping Carr for Rivers unless you want to keep him for next season.

My turn! 0.5 PPR, pick a flex:
Ty Williams v. TB (I like him a lot but that shoulder injury...)
Devontae Booker @ JAX (hasn't shown anything this year)
Thomas Rawls v. CAR (good run D?)

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Jordy Nelson or Davante Adams, 0ppr, both vs. Houston?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
.5 PPR and yes this is an 8 team league

I can start 4 of these WRs (if i flex one):
Jordy Nelson vHou, DeAndre Hopkins @GB, Jarvis Landry @Bal, Tyrell Williams vTB, Jamison Crowder @Ari , Emanuel Sanders @Jax

Nelson is I think the only obvious start of that bunch. I've had Hopkins and Landry plugged in every week and they've been disappointments more often than not lately. I've watched Williams lighting things up on my bench but is the week after a hurt shoulder really the time to start him?

I'm leaning Nelson, Williams, Crowder and Hopkins on the flex. What say you?

Farchanter posted:

Jordy Nelson or Davante Adams, 0ppr, both vs. Houston?

I think that's an easy Nelson start. You can't get both of them in there?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Want to revisit this since Paxton Lynch is this week's Broncos QB, Gronk is on IR, and Cooks threw a bitch-fit about last week. Standard scoring. Need a flex.

Devontae Booker @ Jaguars
Julian Edelman vs. Rams
Dion Lewis vs. Rams
Brandin Cooks vs. Lions
Jamison Crowder @ Cardinals
Tyler Eifert vs. Eagles
Kenneth Dixon vs. Dolphins

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

pubic works project posted:

Want to revisit this since Paxton Lynch is this week's Broncos QB, Gronk is on IR, and Cooks threw a bitch-fit about last week. Standard scoring. Need a flex.

Devontae Booker @ Jaguars
Julian Edelman vs. Rams
Dion Lewis vs. Rams
Brandin Cooks vs. Lions
Jamison Crowder @ Cardinals
Tyler Eifert vs. Eagles
Kenneth Dixon vs. Dolphins

Man that's a tough decision

If it were me I'd choose Cooks. Brady has too many targets for me to trust any single one

OK - I have Sammy Watkins as my WR2 and Tyrell Williams as my FLEX2 and I am thinking of switching in Marquess Wilson or Taylor Gabriel for one or both. Standard scoring.

I am scared that Watkins and Williams are not 100%. Feels like a giant gamble regardless of what I do

Help!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

gloom posted:

I like your choices overall, but might lean Rivers over the other two this week. He and Cousins look pretty comparable after that, both a bit ahead of Carr ROS (I really don't like Carr @ KC on a Thursday). Personally I would feel OK dropping Carr for Rivers unless you want to keep him for next season.

This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking on the QB front, thanks! Rivers' schedule for the end of the season is so nice.

(Plus, this is re-draft, so no keeper considerations.)

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
With Parker looking iffy and some bench WR's with great matchups, i'm thinking about this one a bit harder

Full PPR, i need a win to secure a bye. Pick 3

Jordy vs HOU
Tyreek @ ATL
Davante Adams vs HOU
Landry @ BAL
Snead vs DET
Marvin Jones @ NO
Marquess Wilson vs SF
Smallwood @ CIN

also should i drop someone for Taylor Gabriel?

edit: Marvin Jones is sounding like he may not even play this week

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 4, 2016

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

VietCampo posted:

With Parker looking iffy and some bench WR's with great matchups, i'm thinking about this one a bit harder

Full PPR, i need a win to secure a bye. Pick 3

Jordy vs HOU
Tyreek @ ATL
Davante Adams vs HOU
Landry @ BAL
Snead vs DET
Marvin Jones @ NO
Marquess Wilson vs SF
Smallwood @ CIN

also should i drop someone for Taylor Gabriel?

edit: Marvin Jones is sounding like he may not even play this week
I'd go Jordy, Tyreek, and Davante for sure. To me all three are on a little higher tier than your other guys. As for Gabriel, the talent is there but the targets haven't been so far, so I'm not sure his production is sustainable. If you really want to stash him, I think Jones or Wilson are fine to drop.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Tree Dude posted:

I think that's an easy Nelson start. You can't get both of them in there?

I could do both, I'm just afraid I'd be putting too many eggs in the Rodgers/ Adams/ Nelson stack. But, then again, my only other receivers this week are Jarvis Landry and Tyler Lockett.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Is it overthinking things to consider starting Matt Ryan instead of Aaron Rodgers? I see that he's expected to play and I haven't read anything indicating they expect him to be limited aside from dealing with an injury all week, but part of me thinks it might be safer to go with Ryan.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Dec 4, 2016

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

1ppr

Fat rob @ARI

Or

Booker @JAX

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
.5 PPR I need a WR2 and a flex

Kelvin Benjamin @ Sea
Allen Robinson v Den
Jamison Crowder @ Ari
Steve Smith Sr v Mia
Rob Kelley @ Ari
Tevin Coleman v KC

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
J. Stew vs Seattle
Or
Carlos Hyde vs Chicago

I'm leaning towards Hyde

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

BonoMan posted:

J. Stew vs Seattle
Or
Carlos Hyde vs Chicago

I'm leaning towards Hyde

Hyde

1 PPR Start 2:
Hyde @ CHI
Ware @ ATL
Booker @ JAX
Ajayi @ BAL

I have them ranked in that order, but I'm tempted to sit Ware for Booker.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

The Zack posted:

Hyde

1 PPR Start 2:
Hyde @ CHI
Ware @ ATL
Booker @ JAX
Ajayi @ BAL

I have them ranked in that order, but I'm tempted to sit Ware for Booker.

Hyde and Ware.

I know it's tempting to play the matchup with Booker because lol Jacksonville, but Ware @ ATL is actually the better matchup. Atlanta sucksssss against the running/receiving backs.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Rogers (hamstring) vs Hou
Rivers vs TB

I'm just worried about Rogers' hammy and Rivers shouldn't have too bad of a day at home against TB. I'm holding a 20 point lead in a 2 week playoff round so I feel like the conservative choice is the correct choice?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Need ONE for my Flex

Sterling Shepard @ Pitt

Tevin Coleman vs KC

Dion Lewis vs LA

The experts say Coleman, but the talk of the Giants feeding Shepard after his zero targets last week has me wanting to play him. (Also I'm a Giants homer)

Thoughts? Non-Poe

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Pick 2, .75 ppr

Lamar Miller @GB
Devontae Booker @jax
Spencer ware @atl
Latavius vbuf

Currently have latavius and ware. I could also bench a wr for an extra rb. Tyrell Williams vs TBB would be the likely sit in that case.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

tadashi posted:

Rogers (hamstring) vs Hou
Rivers vs TB

I'm just worried about Rogers' hammy and Rivers shouldn't have too bad of a day at home against TB. I'm holding a 20 point lead in a 2 week playoff round so I feel like the conservative choice is the correct choice?

I have this exact issue as well.

In addition, WR, 0 PPR:
Cameron Meredith vs SF
Tyreek Hill @ ATL
Kenny Britt @ NE
Sterling Shepard @ PIT

FLEX
Everyone above, plus
Bilal Powell vs IND

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Pick three of four RBs n a non-PPR league.

Howard vs. SF
Booker vs. Jax
Miller vs. GB
Kelley vs. ARI

I'm leaning towards Howard, Booker, and Miller.

ID129
Jul 9, 2007

RCarr posted:

Need ONE for my Flex

Sterling Shepard @ Pitt

Tevin Coleman vs KC

Dion Lewis vs LA

The experts say Coleman, but the talk of the Giants feeding Shepard after his zero targets last week has me wanting to play him. (Also I'm a Giants homer)

Thoughts? Non-Poe

I would go with Coleman

Vargo posted:

I have this exact issue as well.

In addition, WR, 0 PPR:
Cameron Meredith vs SF
Tyreek Hill @ ATL
Kenny Britt @ NE
Sterling Shepard @ PIT

FLEX
Everyone above, plus
Bilal Powell vs IND

Start Hill for sure, the rest I'm not sure about.

DTaeKim posted:

Pick three of four RBs n a non-PPR league.

Howard vs. SF
Booker vs. Jax
Miller vs. GB
Kelley vs. ARI

I'm leaning towards Howard, Booker, and Miller.

I'd go with the exact same 3.

- - -

I need two flex options out of these options now that Jordan Mathews is out:

Sammy Watkins @ Oakland
Cameron Meredith v SF
Mike Wallace v Miami

On the WW are also

Kenny Britt @ NE
Quincy Enuwa v Indy

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

12 man 1ppr feels hosed. Which two do I start?

DBG vs. CIN (My JMatt us inactive and I picked him up for this reason.
ARob vs. DEN
Devante Parker vs. BAL
Sammy Watkins vs. OAK

ARob is the worst match up and I want to sit him, but I don't know what the playing time for Parker and Watkins looks like. I need big plays from both spots if I am going to win the division. Who do I go with?

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Ryan vs KC

Or

Wilson vs Carolina

6paTD league. Leaning Ryan but Wilson bouncing back from last week is on my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skudmunky
Apr 28, 2010
I'm torn between:

Tevin Coleman vs KC
Thomas Rawls vs Car

Could also pick up Starks vs Hou or White vs LA off the WW.

• Locked thread