Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That was the period where Professor X was always wearing skin-tight outfits too and he was just shredded. Even his legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Madkal posted:

You know, I have never noticed how stupidly cumbersome Prof X's 90s hoverchair was. The thing moves around like a Smart car, probably couldn't fit through any standard door frame, and would probably topple anything not bolted to the ground. It is the most impractical wheelchair ever shown in fiction.
It really explains the animosity between him and Magneto though

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
It's just a glorified hover-golf-cart and I still want to know how he got around indoors with it. The bloody thing might as well have been a secondary mutation. Here is my hoverchair and I will know make every hallway twice as wide to get it inside.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Probably pulled a Cameron.

You're thinking of Renzi.

</topical>

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostlight posted:

There was this group of Captain America villains called the Exiles who all lived on the Island of the Exiles (which I believe appeared in the story where Falcon made his first appearance) and were all Axis military officers and scientists who'd been spirited off to this island by the Red Skull after the war ended. One of them was called "Cadaverous" or something and his nom de guerre was "Master of the Murder Chair".

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Madkal posted:

It's just a glorified hover-golf-cart and I still want to know how he got around indoors with it. The bloody thing might as well have been a secondary mutation. Here is my hoverchair and I will know make every hallway twice as wide to get it inside.
The X-Mansion was destroyed and rebuilt every six months. He probably just told them to do precisely that before he got his hoverchair.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If I remember correctly when the Falcon made his appearance Cap was body-swapped into Red Skull at the time and it took him two issues to go "oh wait, the Red Skull is just a mask, if I take it off people will stop trying to kill me."

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
http://www.vox.com/identities/2016/12/5/13834432/lgbtq-representation-media-supergirl
So I guess I was waiting for someone else to post about this or someone to actually write a story, but a really cool thing happened at a comic store I was in last weekend!
I was at the store during this but I had no idea it was happening. I read the story later and thought it was cool but it didn't even click with me that I knew the person posting it until someone pointed it out.
So far I'm aware that Mark Waid, Sam Humphries, and some of the cast of Supergirl have responded or reached out to Mary. I think Greg Rucka is also going to send her/the store a bunch of signed stuff.

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 6, 2016

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Senor Candle posted:

I was at the store during this but I had no idea it was happening. I read the story later and thought it was cool but it didn't even click with me that I knew the person posting it until someone pointed it out.
Well, if she's not sick of hearing it, tell her she's my hero too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Senor Candle posted:

http://www.vox.com/identities/2016/12/5/13834432/lgbtq-representation-media-supergirl
So I guess I was waiting for someone else to post about this or someone to actually write a story, but a really cool thing happened at a comic store I was in last weekend!
So far I'm aware that Mark Waid, Sam Humphries, and some of the cast of Supergirl have responded or reached out to Mary. I think Greg Rucka is also going to send her/the store a bunch of signed stuff.

:3:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Benito Cereno posted:

Today is Krampusnacht and in the spirit of the season I have written for you a comic on the theme.

It involves lots of dead Nazis. Please enjoy.

Speaking of Christmas stuff you've written, I seem to recall a Christmas story you wrote for Dr. McNinja that featured 1) a reference to the obscure Conan O'Brien "Not cool, Zeus!" gag and 2) the suggestion that Frosty the Snowman's magic top hat belonged to Ebenezer Scrooge and is powered by his soul's love for Christmas.

I approved of both of these.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

Meanwhile on Apokolips, Darkseid just got a boner and doesn't know why.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senor Candle posted:

...I'm not crying, YOU'RE CRYING!

:unsmith:

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Gavok posted:

Speaking of Christmas stuff you've written, I seem to recall a Christmas story you wrote for Dr. McNinja that featured 1) a reference to the obscure Conan O'Brien "Not cool, Zeus!" gag and 2) the suggestion that Frosty the Snowman's magic top hat belonged to Ebenezer Scrooge and is powered by his soul's love for Christmas.

I approved of both of these.

You are right on the first part, but are either misremembering the second part or else it wasn't clear. The idea is that Frosty's hat is possessed by the soul of Frosty himself, who was/is Jack Frost's brother, and whose soul was captured in the hat by Saint Nicholas after his body was mortally injured in a battle with the dark elves of Svartalfheim. The gag was that there was nothing special about the snowman, but rather the hat would animate anything it landed on.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hasn't it always been a magic hat, though?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

There must have been some magic in that old silk hat they found.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Actually the magic was within them all along.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

WickedHate posted:

Yes, but it was just magic that gives mobility to a snowman. The Frosty personality is not intrinsically tied to the hat. When Jack Frost steals the hat in Frosty's Winter Wonderland, he is not possessed by Frosty's personality. My premise is that Frosty is the hat, not the snowman. The snowman is just the vessel, he could be Frosty the Anything.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Benito Cereno posted:

Yes, but it was just magic that gives mobility to a snowman. The Frosty personality is not intrinsically tied to the hat. When Jack Frost steals the hat in Frosty's Winter Wonderland, he is not possessed by Frosty's personality. My premise is that Frosty is the hat, not the snowman. The snowman is just the vessel, he could be Frosty the Anything.
I just assumed the hat needs something man shaped but non-sentient. You don't get Frosty the Table if you put the hat down.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
This is not the case in the song, the Little Golden Book, the Dell comics series, or the five specials :colbert:

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Give the man credit, he did his homework.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Benito Cereno posted:

You are right on the first part, but are either misremembering the second part or else it wasn't clear. The idea is that Frosty's hat is possessed by the soul of Frosty himself, who was/is Jack Frost's brother, and whose soul was captured in the hat by Saint Nicholas after his body was mortally injured in a battle with the dark elves of Svartalfheim. The gag was that there was nothing special about the snowman, but rather the hat would animate anything it landed on.

My bad. It's been a while since I've read that trade.

In the end, I was the Zeus who was not cool.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Exobytes.

What is "Why is Brainiac".

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Exobytes.

What is "Why is Brainiac".
"Why is Brainiac" is a question first posed by forums user E Equals MC Hammer on December 7th, 2016.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I passed 400 comics owned today since starting to buy just Star Wars comics in Feb. 2015.

Someone help me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

OhFunny posted:

I passed 400 comics owned today since starting to buy just Star Wars comics in Feb. 2015.

Someone help me.

That's what we call the point of no return. Sorry, this is just your life now.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

OhFunny posted:

Someone help me.

Help you buy more, I assume?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

OhFunny posted:

Someone help me.
Digital, I hope? As long as you're not clogging up your actual space with horrible heavy useless loving longboxes, how I hate them, you seem fine to me.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I really don't wanna know how many digital comics I have.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

CapnAndy posted:

Digital, I hope? As long as you're not clogging up your actual space with horrible heavy useless loving longboxes, how I hate them, you seem fine to me.

I've been stacking them, presumably to the outrage of nerds everywhere :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't stop buying collections. I keep seeing poo poo on Craigslist and Facebook for pennies and I keep loving buying it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I can't stop buying collections. I keep seeing poo poo on Craigslist and Facebook for pennies and I keep loving buying it.

If I had the room. *stares longingly into the distance*

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
poo poo I'll sell you guys some longboxes of stuff. What ya looking for?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Marville
Youngblood
New Teen Titans Anti-Drug PSA

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ferrule posted:

poo poo I'll sell you guys some longboxes of stuff. What ya looking for?

I'm not even talking about for work.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Roth posted:

New Teen Titans Anti-Drug PSA

I think I got this.

Roth posted:

Youngblood

I know I have a shitload of these. Probably a bunch of #1's because I was that exact demographic in the 90's/

I will sell.

Rhyno posted:

I'm not even talking about for work.

I need Hulk magazines form the 70's. Come across any?

edit: Is there a buy/sell/trade/ifyouseethisgrabitformeillpayyouback thread?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ferrule posted:

I need Hulk magazines form the 70's. Come across any?

edit: Is there a buy/sell/trade/ifyouseethisgrabitformeillpayyouback thread?

Haven't seen any in a while but I'll keep an eye out. We don't have a thread because nobody wants to bother with a thread in a different sub forum. I use Ebay to flip my poo poo and have been told Comic Collector Live has a decent buy/sell forum.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't want to actually buy those comics

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Roth posted:

I've been stacking them, presumably to the outrage of nerds everywhere :)
Don't you run into the problem where because one side of the comic is thicker than the other the stack starts to tilt and then you have to start a new stack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Don't you run into the problem where because one side of the comic is thicker than the other the stack starts to tilt and then you have to start a new stack?

If you just make sure the stack is up against the empty pizza boxes it's fine.

• Locked thread