Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
source your quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

PirateBob posted:

No one is saying you have to lower your expectations. You just need to be a little patient. Mourinho could purchase 3-4 big players and churn out immediate results, but that would not keep us Manchester United; we'd just be another Chelsea or Real Madrid.

Instead, Mourinho is doing the same thing SAF did. He's building a winning team, that brings results through mentality, not through money.

I think I may sound like your grandfather there.

Ah so The United Way is a thing again, nice.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
he's building a winning team by not winning after buying a lot of big expensive players

watch out top four

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

source your quotes

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
someone should tell the other teams about the transfer window, seems unfair that only United are allowed to improve themselves?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PirateBob posted:

No one is saying you have to lower your expectations. You just need to be a little patient. Mourinho could purchase 3-4 big players and churn out immediate results, but that would not keep us Manchester United; we'd just be another Chelsea or Real Madrid.

Instead, Mourinho is doing the same thing SAF did. He's building a winning team, that brings results through mentality, not through money.

Source. Your. Quotes.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The most expensive and highest paid team ever. The team that bought a 100m player this summer. The team that also signed Bailly, Mkhitaryan and Ibrahimovic this summer. Yes, that's a manager who is building a team over time. That's a club that isn't another Chelsea or Real Madrid.

Oh my god I'm losing my poo poo.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

PirateBob posted:

I'm finding it hard to understand the delusion required to believe that United hasn't spent a poo poo ton of money on their squad, including the most expensive player ever.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Zlatan was a strategic purchase for the long term, mourinho is just building a winning team instead of relying on money to churn out immediate results. it's the United Way.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

PirateBob posted:

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

blue footed boobie posted:

Oh my god I'm losing my poo poo.

Triggered

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

oliwan posted:

Zlatan was a strategic purchase for the long term, mourinho is just building a winning team instead of relying on money to churn out immediate results. it's the United Way.

Instant success would instead be the Chelsea way, can't have that.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Instant success would instead be the Chelsea way, Kanté have that.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Ah so The United Way is a thing again, nice.

I believe when Jose Mario dos Santos Mourinho Felix came begging for the Manchester United Football Club job, he had to promise to respect the hollowed (sp?) traditions of this great club and it's Teathre of Dreams and do things The United Way. That means believing in youth and establishing a Never-Say-Die attitude, instead of splashing the cash on mercenaries in a bid for quick success. Leave that to the Citys and the Chelseas. I believe we are starting to see the fruits of that labour. Hats off to him. GGMU.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

PirateBob posted:

I believe when Jose Mario dos Santos Mourinho Felix came begging for the Manchester United Football Club job, he had to promise to respect the hollowed (sp?) traditions of this great club and it's Teathre of Dreams and do things The United Way. That means believing in youth and establishing a Never-Say-Die attitude, instead of splashing the cash on mercenaries in a bid for quick success. Leave that to the Citys and the Chelseas. I believe we are starting to see the fruits of that labour. Hats off to him. GGMU.

lol link plz these are so good

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Mou is using United youth in Pogba. SAF is the real culprit here, forcing United to splash the cash to use their youth.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

PirateBob posted:

This is fantastic

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

PirateBob posted:

Where did you copypaste this from

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

PirateBob posted:

omg SOURCE. These are great.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Go go man United indeed

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

chuggo is BACK posted:

lol link plz these are so good

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
The first one is from /r/reddevils - note the upvotes.

I wrote the second one myself :newlol:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I'm a bit disappointed that one of the last remaining true fans has caved to pressure and become just another fake poster. We've never needed luvd more.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
So according to the football leaks thing, Firmino's contract has a release clause of £82m, that can be triggered by any club in the world, except Arsenal.

I love John Henry, I'm genuinely all for being petty and spiteful towards other clubs, gently caress Arsenal.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 6, 2016

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Hoops posted:

£82m

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
That's weird, dunno what that's about

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Wow looks like Liverpool are serious about getting third this season

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
you really don't need clauses to stop Wengy from spending money

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Look it's obvious that our lawyers are just chillin out having a good time together because that's The Liverpool Way, so we put a bunch of ironic clauses in, Balotelli is only allowed to spit twice, and Arsenal aren't allowed to trigger our releases haha.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hoops posted:

I love John Henry, I'm genuinely all for being petty and spiteful towards other clubs, gently caress Arsenal.

That didn't stop you lot having a big cry when Fergie refused to sell you Heinze

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Look it's obvious that our lawyers are just chillin out having a good time together because that's The Liverpool Way, so we put a bunch of ironic clauses in, Balotelli is only allowed to spit twice, and Arsenal aren't allowed to trigger our releases haha.

This looks pretty triggered.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Ninpo posted:

That didn't stop you lot having a big cry when Fergie refused to sell you Heinze
lol that was nearly a decade ago. Thats some proper bitter banter.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ninpo posted:

Actually it was Henize that had the big cry. Why would we expect you to sell to us and vice versa?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I dont get the criticism of Ibrahimovic at all, this guy has done it at the highest level all career long. IF HE THINKS he must wander back to pick up a ball from midfield and link up play then HE IS RIGHT. People on the interwebs are always the best managers/tacticians/defenders/strikers/midfielders, at all times they know everything better than players who earn their living with professional football, that's why we are here commenting instead of playing football.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

I dont get the criticism of Ibrahimovic at all, this guy has done it at the highest level all career long. IF HE THINKS he must wander back to pick up a ball from midfield and link up play then HE IS RIGHT. People on the interwebs are always the best managers/tacticians/defenders/strikers/midfielders, at all times they know everything better than players who earn their living with professional football, that's why we are here commenting instead of playing football.

I may be fat and poo poo at football but I finished high school so clearly I am smarter

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

vyelkin posted:

Ibrahimovic is wrongly overconfident that he's good enough to play from midfield and still reach scoring positions. The problem has been growing for years - he started doing it at PSG and it's part of why they were never able to make a Champions League semifinal: against the best teams, he was absent from the front of the line.

The only ancient striker I can think to compare him to is Miroslav Klose, who had the good sense to stay in the box and thrive as a tactically gifted tap-in merchant.

It's no coincidence that Manchester United's uptick in form follows the reintroductions of Martial and Mkhitaryan, their pacy creative attackers. The sooner Ibrahimovic is benched for Rashford, the better the side will perform. The team is talented enough to play at speed and he cant hack it any longer.

Reprisal fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 7, 2016

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Reprisal posted:

It's no coincidence that Manchester United's uptick in form follows the reintroductions of Martial and Mkhitaryan, their pacy creative attackers. The sooner Ibrahimovic is benched for Rashford, the better the side will perform. The team is talented enough to play at speed and he cant hack it any longer.

What upturn in form?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

vyelkin posted:

There's something about the word "interwebs" that always makes the person using it come across like a moron.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Corrode posted:

There's something about the word "interwebs" that always makes the person using it come across like a moron.

It expresses the need to distance oneself from Internet opinion while simultaneously expressing disdain for it, therfore establishing oneself as better than the stupid mob, even though one is writing on the 'interwebs' just like everyone else.

it also often expressed the autistic tendency to use a joke after it has run its course, thinking that 'ironic' use of a term is funny in itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

oliwan posted:

It expresses the need to distance oneself from Internet opinion while simultaneously expressing disdain for it, therfore establishing oneself as better than the stupid mob, even though one is writing on the 'interwebs' just like everyone else.

it also often expressed the autistic tendency to use a joke after it has run its course, thinking that 'ironic' use of a term is funny in itself.

why are you talking about yourself in the second person?

• Locked thread