Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asiangirlwsh
Dec 1, 2016
Don't really know where to post this, but recently got engaged and found an app that is developed by video game artists for wedding planning. Wondering if anyone has heard of it or tried it. It's called preParti.. just wanted to see if anyone had seen it or used it.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did your wish get fulfilled op

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
I prefer the game World of Warcraft for all my wedding planning needs.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I prefer doing wedding planning in the form of a Doom map, it's great for drafting up what the venue will look like and where everyone will be, and for the best way to gun everyone down when the ceremony is over

Hope this helps, person who registered today and is totally not a shill

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
if your wedding doesnt take place on e1m1 why the gently caress are you getting married

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
You have come to the right place, my friend. Stay a while and listen.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

if you were to get married on de_dust2 would yiu like the ceremony to take place on bombsite A or B?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Whatever you do, do not get married in a game's prologue. Your spouse is 95% likely to get killed during or immediately after it, sending you on a quest for revenge through hours of gameplay.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Hello OP! Might I suggest the vastly superior wedding planning app (also made by video game enthusiasts, with a long history in the gaming industry!) called WedJump? WedJump is better in than preParti and it's FREE! :downs:

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Sorry, you need all your social links at max level to get married.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Sorry, you need all your social links at max level to get married.

there are mods for that

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
will the wedding have guillotines

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
give them that ring in tf2.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

*flies over stupid wedding in advanced bomber and drops millions of dollars worth of napalm on it*

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Keep talking to me like that and you are going to use it to plan your funeral

*Pulls out katana folded over 100 times so you know it's extra sturdy and sharp*

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Keep talking to me like that and you are going to use it to plan your funeral

*Pulls out katana folded over 100 times so you know it's extra sturdy and sharp*
*trips over own massive fat rolls and self-impales*
*no 1 curr*

I liked where this went.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Did you know some forums don't their sticky bot advertisements?

What a world.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

Great Product! But What if I wanted a video game made into wedding planning? Makes you think.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Pladdicus posted:

What a world.

yeah its crazy, those forums kind of suck huh

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Am I the only one who thinks a wedding planner sim would actually make for a somewhat interesting video game? Game Dev Tycoon but weddings, I'd give that a look.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Am I the only one who thinks a wedding planner sim would actually make for a somewhat interesting video game? Game Dev Tycoon but weddings, I'd give that a look.

Only if it was mixed with a healthy dose of Dwarf Fortress.

"The Flowers are spiked with bands of obsidian. The spikes are carved to show Bride Katie devouring Bridesmaid Laura after the Dress-Shade Conflict in June."
Guest Examines Flowers
Guest: "It is horrifying."

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

abagofcheetos posted:

if your wedding doesnt take place on e1m1 why the gently caress are you getting married

well naturally you're gonna walk down the aisle to the e1m1 theme and back out to the level complete theme

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
These new Harvest Moon games are kinda weird.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pladdicus posted:

What a world.
Well, we do our sticky bot advertisements. Welcome for Something Awful.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Wait, why are the bridesmaids and groomsmen all also Link, is this a poly wedding

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Hey guys I'm trying to play preParti on my Android and I'm stuck at the 4* level. The bride just won't level up and I'm not about to pay $9.99 for a nicer wedding dress so she gains prestige. Any tips?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Well MY asian girl wish is for everyone to stop being so down on the op on this special day. <:mad:>

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Didn't Sleeping Dogs have a wedding planning event?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Yeah.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Wrong thread!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

BREAKING: beloved speed runner tote up a bags just broke the wedding speedrun WR by eating his slice of the wedding cake during the tossing of the bouquet section by climbing on a window and clipping out of bounds. This new exploit saves 4 minutes of gameplay

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Didn't Sleeping Dogs have a wedding planning event?

That mission was great.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
yeah i played this app it is loving SICK as HECK

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

this is awesome

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

pentyne posted:

Hey guys I'm trying to play preParti on my Android and I'm stuck at the 4* level. The bride just won't level up and I'm not about to pay $9.99 for a nicer wedding dress so she gains prestige. Any tips?
Oh, that one's easy. Just have her sneak into the kitchen and poison the chef with the spoiled shrimp from the low-rent catering company the bride's father hired. When he goes to vomit into the vichyssoise bonk him over the head with the dildo shaped ice sculpture and take his outfit. Due to a glitch her prestige level resets and then you should be able to 1H parry the rapey Best Man. When he's staggered instead of doing a riposte land a jumping 2H R2, followed immediately by detonating her suicide vest. When she respawns that should give her enough XP to get the 5* dress.

Of course you need both the "Shotgun Wedding" and "Divorce Within 3 Years" DLCs installed, but that kinda goes without saying.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

SubponticatePoster posted:

Oh, that one's easy. Just have her sneak into the kitchen and poison the chef with the spoiled shrimp from the low-rent catering company the bride's father hired. When he goes to vomit into the vichyssoise bonk him over the head with the dildo shaped ice sculpture and take his outfit. Due to a glitch her prestige level resets and then you should be able to 1H parry the rapey Best Man. When he's staggered instead of doing a riposte land a jumping 2H R2, followed immediately by detonating her suicide vest. When she respawns that should give her enough XP to get the 5* dress.

Of course you need both the "Shotgun Wedding" and "Divorce Within 3 Years" DLCs installed, but that kinda goes without saying.

Does this still work if I'm using huge-horsedic-modv015?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am a sentient wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Hello, person who registered yesterday and now has made exactly one post which is a new thread mentioning a commercial product by name.

I'm sure it hasn't occurred to you, but it's possible that the $10 you spent to post this thread could result in the company that creates that commercial product earning many multiples of that! Funny how this interconnected world of ours has such strange unintended consequences.

Well, I mean, that could happen in theory, if it didn't require that goons who post in Games on the dying somethingawful forums also be in committed romantic relationships.

• Locked thread