Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm glad the Dolphins lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/805498894843002880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

My brain keeps insisting tying up as much money in a safety as Berry is going to get is a bad way to build a team. But gently caress off brain, just give him all the money.

No joke this makes me tear up just a bit. Also I love the guy in the Chiefs starter jacket who looks like he time-traveled here from '91

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Lmao Matt Ryan

How do Bort's pick6s compare to Schaub's

Schaub has one or two more than Bort (in more than 100 more games)

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/805522642489016320

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Grittybeard posted:

I still don't know if the Chiefs are any good or not.

Like, you can't keep winning games this way forever, you just can't.

Reminds me of 1995. That was 13-3 made of smoke and mirrors.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

mastershakeman posted:

26 points, season high for the bears. goodbye good qb in the draft

There isn't a good QB in this draft, so its for the best that they draft literally any other position. I'd rather roll with Barkley next year than start any QB in this year's draft

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The Glumslinger posted:

There isn't a good QB in this draft, so its for the best that they draft literally any other position. I'd rather roll with Barkley next year than start any QB in this year's draft

gently caress that I wanted deshaun Watson to be a mobile qb behind a poo poo line

I guess I can hope for Jonathan Allen or someone boring

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

This is the first totally dominating performance I can remember the Ravens putting up since an rear end kicking of the Raiders in 2012. I sincerely doubt they can stay at this level through the rest of the season but it's nice that it came against a quality opponent. Very hopeful that this means Flacco has turned the corner in his ACL recovery. Finally saw him stepping into some throws.

Still expect to get beat up by the Pats next week. Meek pass rush means Brady wins.

Today was mostly a result of a matchup in our favor. We love to go to our TEs all the time even though we don't really have any stars at the position. And Miami defense is real bad at covering TEs. So you saw a bunch of big plays to Dennis Pitta. Most of the time teams can cover TEs better than that. So this game we didn't see the usual collapse of our offense in the middle of the game. Our offense hit the weak spot of their defense.

IMO if the Ravens want to run some of these types of offenses they should go out and try to get a top TE and not just try to go with a committee of mediocre-to-solid TEs like we have now. I'd like to see us get a Jimmy Graham or a Rob Gronkowski. Then we can run an offense based around our TEs. Dennis Pitta is our leading receiver this year in catches and he's a solid hand. But he's not good enough to build an entire offense around. I want to see a top TE in Baltimore.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Reminds me of 1995. That was 13-3 made of smoke and mirrors.
Alex Smith does have Steve Bono in him.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Also, Man, I hadn't realized how bad Wentz had been since his hot start
first 5 games: 7 TD, 1 int
Last 8 games: 5 TD, 10 int

60 throws today, god drat

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Matthew Stafford: The goofy white version of DJ Khaled?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwrosuDw5g8

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Berry is coming home to Tennessee

Please

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have never seen a person as miserable as chip kelly today

bears game was bullshit since they kept throwing to bellamy instead of You Know He Sort Of Reminds of Wes Welker For Some Reason Daniel Braverman

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
Niners still on course for 1-15 season. Hail Satan.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

Today was mostly a result of a matchup in our favor. We love to go to our TEs all the time even though we don't really have any stars at the position. And Miami defense is real bad at covering TEs. So you saw a bunch of big plays to Dennis Pitta. Most of the time teams can cover TEs better than that. So this game we didn't see the usual collapse of our offense in the middle of the game. Our offense hit the weak spot of their defense.

IMO if the Ravens want to run some of these types of offenses they should go out and try to get a top TE and not just try to go with a committee of mediocre-to-solid TEs like we have now. I'd like to see us get a Jimmy Graham or a Rob Gronkowski. Then we can run an offense based around our TEs. Dennis Pitta is our leading receiver this year in catches and he's a solid hand. But he's not good enough to build an entire offense around. I want to see a top TE in Baltimore.

We picked up Ben Watson in the off season, brought Pitta back from injury, moved up in a recent draft to nab a TE in the 2nd round, and have two mid round guys (Gillmore, Boyle) who have flashed serious potential. Watson, Gillmore, and Maxx Williams got hurt, Boyle is just back from a PED suspension, and we converted a surplus WR to TE this year. It would be nice if we could simply pick the best players off of each team at every position (personally I'd like AJ Green) but that is obviously not an option. The Ravens have invested a poo poo ton at TE.

Also, I doubt that advanced stats would bear out that we target TEs more than the average offense.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

We picked up Ben Watson in the off season, brought Pitta back from injury, moved up in a recent draft to nab a TE in the 2nd round, and have two mid round guys (Gillmore, Boyle) who have flashed serious potential. Watson, Gillmore, and Maxx Williams got hurt, Boyle is just back from a PED suspension, and we converted a surplus WR to TE this year. It would be nice if we could simply pick the best players off of each team at every position (personally I'd like AJ Green) but that is obviously not an option. The Ravens have invested a poo poo ton at TE.

Also, I doubt that advanced stats would bear out that we target TEs more than the average offense.

I forgot we had Ben Watson. He got hurt in the first preseason game.

And again all those guys are solid but none of them are really standout. We need a guy like that. We need that top performing talent.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

C-Euro posted:

No joke this makes me tear up just a bit. Also I love the guy in the Chiefs starter jacket who looks like he time-traveled here from '91

the jeans and the finger point are both 90s as hell

dont ask me how this makes sense

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

I forgot we had Ben Watson. He got hurt in the first preseason game.

And again all those guys are solid but none of them are really standout. We need a guy like that. We need that top performing talent.

Okay.

How do we go about acquiring the top performing talent?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

man why don't more teams just go out and draft TEs like the best ones to have ever played the game? we should start doing that!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

really looking forward to the hoyer/barkley quarterback battle in bourbonnais next year

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Just do what the Chiefs do and get guys like Houston and Kelce in the third round. It's not hard guys.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Just do what the Chiefs do and get guys like Houston and Kelce in the third round. It's not hard guys.

It is if you have a GM who can't draft to save his life.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sour Diesel posted:

man why don't more teams just go out and draft TEs like the best ones to have ever played the game? we should start doing that!

Obviously Ozzie has lost the magic.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Okay.

How do we go about acquiring the top performing talent?

I mean it's not easy to just get someone like Jimmy Graham or Gronkowski. But Dennis Pitta or Gillmore or Watson as our best TE won't cut it. We need someone in the top 10 at that position, at least. We had Heap but in his career was plagued by bad passing offenses and late in his career Cam Cameron only wanted to use him for blocking. Then we had Sharpe before that. I wish we still had Sharpe.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs bitch!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Came here to post this. :lol:

Also good for Eric Berry post cancer.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
10-2

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

https://fat.gfycat.com/WarlikeCircularKid.webm

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The Raiders now have homefield advantage for the playoffs if the season ended today, yes?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The Bucs are real somehow :toot:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

15 point lead halfway thru the 3rd and you lose by 14 :eyepop:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'll be Real Mad if the shitass Texans win the division over the cooler and more watchable Titans

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

The Bucs are real somehow :toot:

It's amazing and I don't know how to feel. There's a good shot we can end the season 10-6 and be in the playoffs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

It's amazing and I don't know how to feel. There's a good shot we can end the season 10-6 and be in the playoffs.

I figured this was the week the Bucs started Bucing.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I don't think this day could've gone better with who won and who lost. I guess GB could've lost, but holy poo poo how does this even happen?

Go Bucs Bitch

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Dallas Cowboys are the first and only team in the NFL with a guaranteed trip to the playoffs

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/bigcatcountry/status/805501521039396864

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Grittybeard posted:

I still don't know if the Chiefs are any good or not.

Like, you can't keep winning games this way forever, you just can't.

This is literally the Broncos last season so never say never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/805498894843002880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

My brain keeps insisting tying up as much money in a safety as Berry is going to get is a bad way to build a team. But gently caress off brain, just give him all the money.

He's directly caused 2 KC wins this year, pay him best safety in the league money already

• Locked thread