Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Still room?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I have a garbage power and I don't see it getting better if I can evolve.

Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver were the last good Pokemon games.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
There are some types I'm weak against.

I just googled Sableye and found out he's now weak to fairy type. What is this bullshit?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HiipFire posted:

anything post gen 5 is not real to me

Black and White was the Phantom Menace of Pokemon and it's never recovered.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Which ones?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Is anyone here a Gen 1?

I'll go ahead and admit I'm a Gen 2.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why is that?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Because the game mechanics are based on it. This isn't merely flavor.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Nut up or shut up, Opop. Waiting for someone else to vote for me first?

##vote Retro Futurist

Kashuno posted:

hi listen to me both town and scum and 3P

I am here to give presents to everyone. That's it. I don't gain xp, I don't evolve, I don't do anything weird. I give gifts. Please do not hurt me and I will give some of you gifts :)

Are you town aligned?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Thanks!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Well that limits it down to Murkrow, Sneasel, and Houndour.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Birdstrike?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What a meltdown. Use your vote, Opop.

Infinitum posted:

Slasher Hawke = Birdstrike

We think... lord knows... he's a dickhead either way :v:

Birdstrike didn't used to be a dickhead. :(

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I was breadcrumbing my pokemon.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

met asking about gen I & II seems like a met thing to do so I consider it a null tell

I think it's pretty scummy when someone defends me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Infinitum posted:

If we're going by the gyms in order
http://www.serebii.net/gs/gyms.shtml

1st gym will be a Normal/Flying gym

I will have a 2x type advantage.
So someone put me in.

Your pokemon doesn't evolve this generation. I say we try to get someone who can evolve.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Also, my pokemon is pretty capable if anyone wants to nominate me for this.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Met posted:

Your pokemon doesn't evolve this generation. I say we try to get someone who can evolve.

Actually, I have no reason to hold this back.

Infinitum posted:

Gonna help narrow it down

I use black in my colour scheme

This Narrows it down to Murkrow (Dark/Flying). Sneasel (Dark/Ice), and Houndour (Dark/Fire)

Infinitum posted:

1st gym will be a Normal/Flying gym. I will have a 2x type advantage.

The only pokemon here with an advtanage against Flying is Sneasel because it's part ice.

I also have reason to believe Dark type pokemon are Mafia-aligned this game.

##vote Infinitum

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
and since Sneasel doesn't evolve, it makes sense as a stronger Mafia power in a role madness because the OP says pokemon that do not evolve get stronger abilities.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
and that town benefit from gym battles, whose sole purpose seems to be to get XP and evolve for better powers.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You could nominate me, Dick.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Your nomination didn't count because Kash was already nominated by Absurd Revolver.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
...yeah?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I chose kash lol

Oops. I just scrolled until I saw a Kash nomination.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Truth Quark posted:

Someone choose me

I'll nominate you if you nominate me. You don't have any weaknesses here, right?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
##choose Tobbs Gnawed

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
He said he was neutral to flying. Sure beats taking a risk on someone else.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

i am the bird posted:

It's been awhile since I've played but I guess I'm mostly referring to making inferences based on mechanics we don't actually know. Poke-canon might not actually apply here, and things like saying "dark is prolly bad" like Met did makes no inherent sense, nor does guessing who can or can't evolved until we see more info.

I did not say "Dark is prolly bad" for the fun of it. I have information on that. I also did not guess who can't evolve. Based on the information he gave us, he can only be Sneasel.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

give head or get dead posted:

yeah what the gently caress is with this

He said he was neutrally effective and that he can evolve. Seemed like a good bet to me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Back to the vote, I truly believe Infinitum is a good lynch.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

i am the bird posted:

Hmm, okay. I still have my follow-up question about why not evolving = mafia role, though.

It's not "If you don't evolve, you're Mafia", it's that not being able to evolve = stronger starting abilities which is consistent with Mafia-aligned players in a Role madness. It's not just that alone, it's that paired with the other things as well. The OP says Gym Battles are for Town-Oriented rewards. Town benefit from winning gym battles and gaining experience to get stronger powers, so logically it's up to Mafia to prevent that. So why is someone who can't evolve or make use of experience trying to take up slots for the easiest gym in the game?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

give head or get dead posted:

Okay sorry friend that vote just seemed a little random thats all sorry i didnt mean to make you upset :(

I'm not upset, Bignothing. Do your thang.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Met posted:

It's not "If you don't evolve, you're Mafia", it's that not being able to evolve = stronger starting abilities which is consistent with Mafia-aligned players in a Role madness. It's not just that alone, it's that paired with the other things as well. The OP says Gym Battles are for Town-Oriented rewards. Town benefit from winning gym battles and gaining experience to get stronger powers, so logically it's up to Mafia to prevent that. So why is someone who can't evolve or make use of experience trying to take up slots for the easiest gym in the game?

Kashuno is also suspicious for this reason but he can clear himself to me by giving a present to someone who ends up being town. I don't believe his win condition though.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kashuno posted:

how does giving a gift to town clear me specifically? Not like I would know who's town ahead of time???

You wouldn't, no. I just don't see the benefit of Mafia being able to give town boons.

But now you're saying that your gifts can be harmful so I guess that saves you from that hole.

I don't understand your purpose. You merely survive 4 days, giving gifts to whoever you want. Doesn't seem very balanced or fun for that matter. I think you're a liar but you're not worth going after right now. I think Infinitum is a better D1 Lynch.

That being said, give me your boon/curse.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I don't mind getting hit with a harmful present if that's what you have.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I was.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

i am the bird posted:

He claimed a fighting type and backed down from putting himself up for the first gym, though.

Huh. He did. My bad, guys. Thanks for double checking my work!

##vote Kashuno

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
There's no black color scheme pokemon that is fighting type in Gen 1 or 2. So Infinitum is still a liar.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Beepbeep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kashuno posted:

how does it relate to the fighting type thing..???

Sorry. I should have spelled it out for you.

quote:

It's not "If you don't evolve, you're Mafia", it's that not being able to evolve = stronger starting abilities which is consistent with Mafia-aligned players in a Role madness. It's not just that alone, it's that paired with the other things as well. The OP says Gym Battles are for Town-Oriented rewards. Town benefit from winning gym battles and gaining experience to get stronger powers, so logically it's up to Mafia to prevent that. So why is someone who can't evolve or make use of experience trying to take up slots for the easiest gym in the game? Kashuno is also suspicious for this reason but he can clear himself to me by giving a present to someone who ends up being town. I don't believe his win condition though.

Met posted:

You wouldn't, no. I just don't see the benefit of Mafia being able to give town boons.

But now you're saying that your gifts can be harmful so I guess that saves you from that hole.

I don't understand your purpose. You merely survive 4 days, giving gifts to whoever you want. Doesn't seem very balanced or fun for that matter. I think you're a liar but you're not worth going after right now. I think Infinitum is a better D1 Lynch.

That being said, give me your boon/curse.

• Locked thread