Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Literally everyone rolling with consume or weather monster decks in the final days here. Faced 6 of them in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
so Forsen is on the PTR and losing games in the dumbest way possible

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlacidLitigiousRhinocerosRlyTho

also another teaser for the CGI on wednesday

https://twitter.com/PlayGwent/status/866307627218644992

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'd basically given up on getting to at least rank 13 after a busy weekend and a string of losses yesterday. I even destroyed everything that wasn't my Skellige deck to make ST and Monster tier 1 decks. I didn't like how either of them played and didn't want to force myself to use them. So I stuck with my Skellige decks and after a stressful couple hours where i'd win like 4-5 and then lose to loving monsters, I finally hit 3311 and got rank 13. So relieved I at least get all but the top 1000 borders/titles. I'm a Skellige player through and through, all throughout the beta and into release. It's play style is just the deck I enjoy playing.

Edit: Also, it feels kind of fitting that on the last day of the beta and with my rank 13 kegs i'd get the Birna Bran premium i've always wanted. Didn't play her in the winning deck, but i've always enjoyed the animation, particularly the easter egg portion of it. I might make it my avatar unless I fall in love with one of the new premium animations.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 22, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Hell yeah, Skellige rules. I'm glad King Bran's making a comeback, I'm probably taking all Nilfgaard and Skellige cards when I open kegs on Wednesday. Soon!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I didn't realize the beta was going down at basically midnight EST. I figured sometime today.

Anyway, beta is down. To resume again on Weds. I'm working on a new thread and will post it tomorrow. Could use a new thread title if anyone has ideas for an amazing one.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

There's rumors that Gwent's campaign is literally going to be Witcher 4

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yea i've heard that and that sounds fantastic if true. A card game with a true single player campaign would be pretty amazing and, to my knowledge, the first of its kind.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

ShowTime posted:

Yea i've heard that and that sounds fantastic if true. A card game with a true single player campaign would be pretty amazing and, to my knowledge, the first of its kind.
Pokemon tcg for gbc?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Asehujiko posted:

Pokemon tcg for gbc?
I really liked this game a lot.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

ShowTime posted:

I didn't realize the beta was going down at basically midnight EST. I figured sometime today.

Anyway, beta is down. To resume again on Weds. I'm working on a new thread and will post it tomorrow. Could use a new thread title if anyone has ideas for an amazing one.

Gwent The Witcher Card Game: Now With Jiggle Physics

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Gwent The Witcher Card Game: Now With Jiggle Physics

Are those jiggly physics 4K? I know they have a 4k client you can install, but not sure if it's ready for open beta. It was quietly released in closed beta months ago.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
Just got an email from CDPR with a free copy of The Witcher 2 for participating in the closed beta, more free stuff!

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

ShowTime posted:

Are those jiggly physics 4K? I know they have a 4k client you can install, but not sure if it's ready for open beta. It was quietly released in closed beta months ago.

Pretty sure it will still be there, you'll just need to download them as DLC because people complained that it bloated the file size to download. The 4K assets look real neat too.

By the way if played closed beta you should check your e-mail to get a free copy of The Witcher 2.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Where is my mail. :saddowns:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Goblin posted:

Just got an email from CDPR with a free copy of The Witcher 2 for participating in the closed beta, more free stuff!

I wonder what the percentage of Gwent beta players to non-Witcher players is.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

I wonder what the percentage of Gwent beta players to non-Witcher players is.

Probably not very high considering that Witcher 2 was just terrible as Witcher 1. I even like Witcher 1 and I'll still hold that opinion to my grave. This series wouldn't have its mainstream appeal if Witcher 3 hadn't been as amazing as it was.

VVVVVVV: That too.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Theres probably a decent amount of hearthstone crossover.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I played Gwent before W3 because I was really into online ccgs and the Khara -> msog meta was atrociously bad. Funnily enough w3 was such a good game that it got me to stop playing much of online ccgs at all (I was rank 12 when I first played w3 two months ago, finished CB at rank 12)

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
Witcher 2 is a good game that is worth playing. It's very short, fills in some story, and is very pretty (the scenery anyway).

Witcher 1 is terrible. So long, so boring, ugly as all hell, and the story is pretty much standalone I felt. It's free though, so go for it if you've got nothing better to do. Took me 44 hours to beat, but I was over it by 20.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I played Gwent before I played Witcher 3 only because I've been 'saving' W3 and have been too busy to commit many chunks of hours into that game and I started looking for an HS alternative and joined the Lifecoach bandwagon. :v:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Could use a new thread title if anyone has ideas for an amazing one.

the best I can do is an awful pun about blood and whine

e: Roach is now a 5 strength silver that gets drawn to your hand when you play a gold, I think

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I haven't been able to come up with anything good :(

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Minrad posted:

the best I can do is an awful pun about blood and whine

e: Roach is now a 5 strength silver that gets drawn to your hand when you play a gold, I think

But that's even better than he was before... :stare:

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

MiddleOne posted:

But that's even better than he was before... :stare:

She no longer comes from the graveyard though.

Also some of the new avatar have incredible passive aggressive emotes. Though so far I think my favourite is Imlareth where most of his lines are just grunts and noises.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's now another generic card advantage card and this time with a much less costly opportunity cost than Ciri.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If that's true roach is beyond broken. Every roach is a milva roach now but better. I can't really believe that's actually going to go live.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

new ranks up to 21

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I didn't get the free Witcher 2 email. The game is also unavailable for me rn. happy wipe, i guess!!

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
From what I'm seeing Roach is 5 str and plays the first time you play a gold, doesn't resurrect from graveyard anymore. So a buff to her strength but a big nerf to the resurrect ability, makes it far less of an auto-include silver now. Still beneficial for deck thinning and a tempo boost.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

No Wave posted:

If that's true roach is beyond broken. Every roach is a milva roach now but better. I can't really believe that's actually going to go live.
Nah

She's still really good as a 'free' 5 point swing though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha, I thought it seemed insane.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Goblin posted:

From what I'm seeing Roach is 5 str and plays the first time you play a gold, doesn't resurrect from graveyard anymore. So a buff to her strength but a big nerf to the resurrect ability, makes it far less of an auto-include silver now. Still beneficial for deck thinning and a tempo boost.
It's fairer, but less fun. I would have preferred 2 str silver that keeps showing up.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Nah

She's still really good as a 'free' 5 point swing though.

weird, I was watching forsen stream and he played a gold that put roach into his hand. maybe it's too much of that 140 IQ rubbing off

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Minrad posted:

weird, I was watching forsen stream and he played a gold that put roach into his hand. maybe it's too much of that 140 IQ rubbing off

No it's been changed. That pic must be old. The current version of Roach is the 5 str that goes into your hand, not the old summon anywhere from anywhere version.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ShowTime posted:

No it's been changed. That pic must be old. The current version of Roach is the 5 str that goes into your hand, not the old summon anywhere from anywhere version.
Where are you getting this?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
That pic is the current version. It used to say summon or resurrect, now it's just summon. It will no longer get pulled out of the graveyard.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy

ShowTime posted:

I just watched someone on the PTR play Yenn Con and roach went straight to the board, not sure where this goes to hand stuff is coming from?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Going off a Reddit post that says what Roach does and has a CDPR staff member saying thank you for the feedback, so confirming the change.

Edit: Sorry, I guess I read it wrong. It doesn't come from graveyard anymore.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

idgi is he still a good craft or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

frajaq posted:

idgi is he still a good craft or what

Yea he is still good, just not as good. There were a few neutral cards that basically became must-haves or even must-includes and Roach was one of them. He is still a perfectly good card, providing +5 strength to a gold, thinning out your deck and even adding another unit to your board if you have effects based on unit numbers.

Eventually you'll want to craft him, but I don't know if he'll be one of your first crafted cards.

• Locked thread