Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Popete posted:

Agree about the GG thing, I do think it's a cool mechanic though I've found most people do send one.

My biggest gripe so far is that you don't gain anything for a loss, they need some baseline reward or experience otherwise it feels like if you really suck you'll never progress.

i think that pity sex xp is terrible and im glad it isnt in this game. games have winners and losers and its ok to lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i got a key and played some matches. its a fun and good card game with a lot of differences from standard card games

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i feel the same way as megazver

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i havent seen any mention of it, but i imagine when open beta starts

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

the only carry over i know of is purchased kegs. not kegs from leveling up and gg ore

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

No Wave posted:

I cant imagine the rose-colored glasses you'd have to have on to prefer the tw3 gwent to this game.

the same kind you wear when you believe eve online is still good

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

steam controller or a wireless trackball would do it

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i dont GG because that's one more click wasted in my mouse's lifespan. the hidden costs of the GG

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Agent355 posted:

I've been having so much fun in gwent.

It's so nice to have a card game that isn't just reskinned magic the gathering and I feel like I make a ton of tactical/strategic decisions every game rather than just 'play the best card' all the time. I'm definitely hooked after a few hours. I hope it gets real popular after closed beta so I can play with a nice healthy playerbase.

yeah im really diggin a card game that isnt just reskinned hearthstone or magic. cant wait for the wipe

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

this game is going to be really good while the majority of players are on the same playing field wrt cards owned. once that stops, gwent will die slowly at first but exponentially faster as newbies keep getting hellstomped by all the mr. suitcases and as said suitcase owners leave from facing the same stale metas

hopefully the devs are quick to shake things up for vets and rebalance starter decks for newbs. the gg system is also really stupid and foments hate because gently caress you im not clicking the gg button just because its expected of me

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

specifically for playing in beta? no. you do keep the rank and level up rewards for playing gwent as mentioned above

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Minrad posted:

Trying to show off their game around the same time they're shutting down closed beta access to new people is... strange timing. I hope that means Open Beta is gonna be sooner rather than later!

if you didn't see it - the MC for the challenger just said that anyone can go to the website and get into the closed beta instantly. it's effectively a released game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

who cares about ESPORTS, gwent is fun. operator and king of beggars both tutor what you want out of you deck if it's built for them. tutors are always powerful and operator just adds strength to the equation. whats not to like?

• Locked thread