Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Well, at least it's going to be short! In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

##vote King Burgundy

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

##vote King Burgundy

##vote Poque
##vote Eight Dollars
##vote GulagDolls
##vote got some chores tonight
##vote Eight Dollars
##vote Dick Bastardly

##vote Moatillata
##vote Eight Dollars

##unvote

##vote King Burgundy

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

##vote King Burgundy

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

As you may have noticed, I didn't say anything yesterday except voting. This is because I was silenced on Night 0.

King Burgundy posted:

I'll be voting a known lurker on D1. Right now I'm leaning towards Dick or Jedit based on the current list. :) Just fyi.

What a coincidence.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I don't gently caress around with posting restriction bullshit and never have. I especially don't do it when I've just been called out for lurking by an rear end in a top hat who in our most recent game together admitted deliberately trying to tilt me by relentlessly tunnelling me.

And yeah, KB, I did realise that you posted before roles went out after the fact, which is why I'm not voting you now I can do something other than vote. But until a Town Silencer is flipped, you must realise that you have been made to look bad - either because you are bad, or because your attempts to push me again have inadvertently left you wide open to accusations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

mod wont confirm it for me so whatev

You expected a mod to confirm the existence of an unusual role in the game?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Poque posted:

or it's just a n0 thing. or by "night zero" it's really just an action you can use at any time that isn't announced to the thread and the user just used it immediately

Jedit did your silence specifically say anything about night zero or was it just the timing?

It was definitely a Night 0 action, that was the title of the PM. It informed me that during Day 1 I could only post to vote or unvote. If I said anything for myself, or even quoted someone else, I would be modkilled. Hence my post with a million votes in it - I was spelling out a message using player names.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'd still very much like to know what Jedit meant by 'pegged'.

Sex joke.

It was all I could think of that I could spell with the names of people in the game. It's pretty hilarious to watch everyone speculate, though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Eight Dollars posted:

Hey Jed and KB, outside of each other. Who else do you think are scumbos?

I'm not sold on KB, actually, but I can easily be convinced. He was far too ready to hop down my throat.

Chaoslord is pinging me a bit, he feels lazy. His vote on Chores was a drive-by. He did say he was travelling though.

Kashuno I'm positive is Town. He could easily have claimed that Tobbs had confirmed I was lying, my flip wouldn't prove him wrong. If he's scum then he must be the Silencer, because otherwise flipping the Silencer would out him as well.

No other strong thoughts at this time.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

I guess if you are thinking someone is trying to frame me, that's kinda interesting. That would fit with why Jedit would be trying to sell this thing if the silencer isn't real like I believe. Part of a more elaborate plot to get revenge on me or something? Trippy.

Well if so, Jimson is lurking like mad, scum please kill him next if he's not on your team(or even if he his), I'm fine being blamed for it.

---

I've already said on the dishonest beliefs thing, but it was this post that really cemented it:

He's saying, from my point of view, "I realize the post I am trying to make you look bad with happened before the game started, but I accused you of it anyway and think you should look bad anyway but I can't explain why."

No, I'm saying exactly what Gulag said. You called out two people as lurkers, and jokingly replied to one of them asking to be killed with an affirmative. One got forced to lurk, the one who asked to be killed was killed. You are being made to look very stupid, an assessment that is only being confirmed by your idea that I'm "out to get revenge" for a past game with some ridiculous plot that exposes me to scrutiny and the lynch. The only person playing meta here is you.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

It's frustrating that we don't know if Jimson is silenced or just not participating, because I'd love that context for everything that's going on. I feel like if he was just idling, though, Tobbs might have replaced him by now, especially with Moat waiting in the wings to replace in. So for the time being, I'm going to operate on the assumption that Jedit is telling the truth, and is just abrasive. No idea what that means for KingB, though. Still not sure I understand why he was so certain that KingB in particular was the one who silenced him, unless he's just salty about their last game together and tunneling.

No, I just saw KB trying to recreate his own description of the meta because I didn't check the timestamps first. As above, though, I think somebody was trying to do it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

what

I understand even less now. Can you rephrase? I'm not sure if you're running on insane moon logic or I'm just misunderstanding everything you're saying.

You're right, you're misunderstanding me. I haven't said anything Gulag didn't.

Think of it like this. Suppose I say before the roles are handed out, "If I'm scum I'm totally killing Poison Mushroom on N1". N1 comes around, you are killed and now people want to look at me.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

##vote Jedit

How do you feel about voting without a reason, Asiina?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

chaoslord posted:

Scum jailed me because I claimed a non killing role, same reason I presume scum targeted DB for the kill.

:iiam:

DB didn't discuss his role at any point and half of his contributions were single emoticon posts. There's no way scum knew he was the Doc, most likely he was killed because he was lurking. This is ex post facto justification and it's bad.

##vote chaoslord

Mafia edit: poo poo, I'm a loving idiot.

##unvote

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

gently caress - apologies to all, I clicked the wrong button and actually did edit that post. Everything from the Mafia edit on was meant to be in a separate post.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Nevertheless, even with DB claiming a non-lethal role I think it's a reach on chaoslord's part.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Poque posted:

I have no idea what Jedit is, the silencer claim has no bearing on my own thoughts toward him, my thoughts on an alleged silencer were mainly devil's advocate against your accusations which I found to mainly be based on setup/role spec. I like that you put forward the (C) option in your other post cuz I hadn't considered scum using it on scum.

Scum wouldn't need to use it on scum, though? They would know the terms of the silence and could fake it.

I don't think anyone's yet suggested that Dick may have been the N1 silence target. He could in theory have protected the NK target and died to a Town/3P vig. It's a stretch, but less of one in a game called "Bloodbath".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

Except where there's the second half of the post you quoted and a whole other post that is about my read so what are you even arguing here?

Can you quote those posts so we know which ones you're talking about. I just checked every post of yours that Jimson has quoted and he didn't leave anything out that I can see.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Uh, so your role is that you get to see part of the scum doc but they know you can see it? Or?

I think he's claiming to be able to see a copy of the scumdoc with all the names redacted.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

These reads are decent. I don't think 2 can be Gulag though, he wouldn't bother capitalizing.

Oh look, another scarcely veiled implication from KB that I must be scum.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

This is a really weird post. It is not a secret that I think you are scum, dude.

FWIW, I just went through the player list to see who else I could see as 2, and I think you fit the best.

Whereas I can see you being 2, because it's exactly the kind of dismissive statement that you would make.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

##unvote to keep Votefinder straight.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

I still would really prefer Jedit. PMush has been hedgy and it's been bad, but Jedit has been pushing a bad KB case all day (and presumably was pushing it yesterday when he was silenced). It's based on things KB said before the game started, on hypotheticals that don't hold true, and on accusing KB of making vague statements when he's been perfectly clear. He's been making cases against KB all day, but he actually hasn't voted for him. His only vote today was chaoslord which he immediately unvoted. It's the same hedgy bullshit as PMush, but also making really bad nonsensical arguments while doing it.

Let's go through the lies and misrepresentations in this post one by one.

1) I backed off on KB from near the start of the day; he is the one who has been doing the pushing, and any pushing back that I've done has been down to the excess of his tunnel. He's barely discussed anyone but me unless the context forced him to, he's voted for nobody but me apart from a joke vote on Chores. He's clearly trying to do it to get a rise out of me that will get me lynched, but regardless of whether this is blue-on-blue or scum pushing Town his actual contribution to this game has been zero unless forced.

2) KB did say after the game began that he'd push me for lurking, even after I'd tried my best to make it obvious I was under a posting restriction:

King Burgundy posted:

Heh, would vote Chores for that.

But right now still liking my vote on proven lurker Jedit who has shown no inclination to change his ways. All he's done so far this game with his two whole posts is vote for me and try to break votefinder.

3) I have at no point accused KB of "making vague statements". Here's what I actually said:

Jedit posted:

Oh look, another scarcely veiled implication from KB that I must be scum.

And this is why I said it:

Kashuno posted:

Scum bro 1 seems like Keane, possibly Poque idk
Scum bro 2 seems like possibly jedit or gulag to me?
Scum bro 3 could be asiina or a lurker/someone who doesn't post in docs

King Burgundy posted:

These reads are decent. I don't think 2 can be Gulag though, he wouldn't bother capitalizing.

That's argument by omission - implying I must be the scum without actually saying it. This is strange, because as KB pointed out himself he'd not previously been so coy about saying I was scum. "A or B is scum but I don't think it's B" and "A or B is scum and I think it's A" may lead to the same conclusion, but they have different tones and you know it.

4) I unvoted chaoslord because I noticed that Dick had in fact done what chaoslord claimed, which was my premise for voting him in the first place. It just wasn't instantly obvious because Dick did it with an emote rather than go to the effort of typing actual words. I didn't "hedge" at all; I made a mistake and I copped to it without prompting.

##vote Asiina

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

vote pmush
Sorry new cellphone policy at work makes it hard to say post. But pmush screams scum here. Is current vote leader by a wide margine but instead of addressing that (which should have been obvious to someone skimming as you just gotta check page1) just gives a blaise I'm Here Guys! Remark. I feel comfortable with this vote and will build a better case on asiina tomario.

You forgot the ##. Add ##vote to your custom dictionary.

Also it's bad to send Mush to -1 because she isn't addressing her situation right this instant, she said she's at work.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I'm now out of thread, it's 2am in the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

:ghost: Go whatever team KB isn't on! :ghost:

Tobbs, can you PM me the obsdoc link? TIA

• Locked thread