Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champ come Sunday morning?
This poll is closed.
Mighty Mouse 26 83.87%
Meth Man 5 16.13%
Total: 31 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Elliott's face was swollen as gently caress from those short shots in the crucifix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Lol at Anik and Stann shushing people as the camera cuts to them

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

fatherdog posted:

TUF 26: We've got 16 fighters who are all heavyweight champs of their respective regional promotions, fighting for a chance at the title held by whoever has it by the time this is done filming, which could be literally anyone in the heavyweight top 5

salivating like pavlov's dog over here

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It could be anyone in the HW top 15, let's be real

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol having seen the low end UFC HWs I can't even imagine what this would look like

If the Kimbo season of TUF is anything to go by, it would probably be very very ugly

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

fatherdog posted:

TUF 26: We've got 16 fighters who are all heavyweight champs of their respective regional promotions, fighting for a chance at the title held by whoever has it by the time this is done filming, which could be literally anyone in the heavyweight top 5

Fairly sure Titties is one of these.

First ever two time The Ultimate Fighter competitor!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

fatherdog posted:

The Palm gets lovely attendance for a lot of shows and there often isn't a reason why

In this case it's likely because unfortunately MM is not nearly as popular as he should be, but it happens when there's no readily apparent reason too

Going back a few pages, but I'd guess because the Palms is off-Strip. Both the MGM and the new arena are right there but you'd have to take actually make an effort to get to the Palms. Nobody wants to pay a surge Uber fare for the possibility of a dogshit Fight Night. Unfortunately, those people missed a gnar as hell main card tonight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

salivating like pavlov's dog over here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW95V5IZg2s&hd=1

fatherdog fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 4, 2016

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

fatherdog posted:

I'll support this if Mighty Mo's Road FC Openweight Championship makes him eligible to compete

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marching Powder posted:

Well, that was insane. If tuf doesn't follow that format from here on out then it deserves to die.

In the very least I want to see ToC HEAVYWEIGHTS next fall.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i haven't been a life-long mma fan and a lot of the real oldschool stuff has escaped my attention but i really should have been aware that at some point a goomba as represented in the super mario live action movie dressed up in mario's overalls and 'fought' an obese japanese man

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Make a LHW Tournament, maybe finding some good regional talent could make that garbage fire more bearable.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

Tonight we learned the key to beating MM on the feet is to be a spazzy little snot.

I had to go back in time with archives to confirm that I remembered this correctly, but at UFC 172 Tim Elliott confounded Benavidez for half a round with insane kamikaze methhead striking. Finally Joey B. dragged him to the floor in a mounted guillotine and used his legs to trap both Elliott's arms, so that Elliott had to tap by thrashing his legs in a horrific panic. IMO surviving to a decision with MM shows he has improved dramatically since then, but I think the combination of being huge for the division, durable, and stupid/fearless is good for him.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I would 100% watch any reality show that featured the egg-shaped guy in overalls.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Cejudo kind of flipped out at the post fight presser when he found out he didn't win FOTN.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

Cejudo kind of flipped out at the post fight presser when he found out he didn't win FOTN.

lol what a child

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

MM and Tim Elliott got robbed. https://twitter.com/ufc/status/805308534850129920

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

going to agree. feel more sorry for tim elliot than mighty mouse. tim had no business being that good.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Cejudo throwing a fit is funny but that's becaudse I thought it went to MM and TE. Thats some bullshit.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
It's really cool when the guy everyone writes off does a lot better than expected. Elliot can always hold his head high that he did better than loving Cejudo

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Elliot saying in the post-fight he's gonna go up to 135, the weight cut is too brutal for him.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Tim Elliott vs Dominick Cruz is something I must see.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Lloyd Boner posted:

Elliot saying in the post-fight he's gonna go up to 135, the weight cut is too brutal for him.

I said it in the TUF thread but it is amazing he did it 4 times on the show.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I don't think Elliot is gonna do too well at 135. Then again all the top 125ers (Mighty Mouse, Benavidez, Dodson) had good success at 135 so he'll probably be fine. Just stylistically I think he gives up a lot when he doesn't have size over his opponents. A guy like Lineker is always going to hit way harder than he does and I think he would get bullied around by someone like Rivera.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

fatherdog posted:

Pissed off because I read this thread backwards and thought this got announced at a press conference

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Maybe minus the absurd cut Elliot can lift some weights and retain size and stength but wouldnt be shocked if that isn't his get down

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I think Demetrious is way better at passing guard than the 3 names that spring to mind when I think of good guard passers

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I think Demetrious is way better at passing guard than the 3 names that spring to mind when I think of good guard passers

I figure Bj is one of them, who are the other two? Is Jacare one?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

I figure Bj is one of them, who are the other two? Is Jacare one?

GSP. Crusher. Maia.

But yeah I had the same thought as dunc. It's effortless for DJ

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
That card loving ruled. I didn't skip anything from that LHW fight onward. the Ellenberger stoppage was loving garbage because that fight was going to be great and it hurts both guys because of how stupid and abortive it was, but I can't remember the last thing I saw that was as bad as Cejudo getting robbed by yves lavigne, and then the horrendous judges. He won that fight and with the inexplicable point deduction it was an undeniable majority draw. He learned how to actually fight for this one and this is what he got for his trouble haha

Andy Dufresne posted:

Lol at Anik and Stann shushing people as the camera cuts to them
Glad someone else saw that hilariously aggressive schoolmarmish shushing as Bryant threw to them on the post-fight show,I hope there's a gif

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Dec 4, 2016

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I would have given out FOTN to the main and co-main, and then a POTN to the fence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

TheRationalRedditor posted:

That card loving ruled. I didn't skip anything from that LHW fight onward. the Ellenberger stoppage was loving garbage because that fight was going to be great and it hurts both guys because of how stupid and abortive it was, but I can't remember the last thing I saw that was as bad as Cejudo getting robbed by yves lavigne, and then the horrendous judges. He won that fight and with the inexplicable point deduction it was an undeniable majority draw. He learned how to actually fight for this one and this is what he got for his trouble haha

Glad someone else saw that hilariously aggressive schoolmarmish shushing as Bryant threw to them on the post-fight show,I hope there's a gif

Maybe if Cejudo didn't want to get a point deduction he shouldn't have cheated. The ref warned him and he kicked Benavidez in the junk again. The only one to blame in that situation is Cejudo. He then spent the rest of the fight with his fingers extended in Joey B's face. gently caress Cejudo

• Locked thread