Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Put Stecher in the shootout. What do we have to lose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Super fun game gonna be decided by a shootout because Bettman

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Koopa Kid posted:

Leafs just can't cash in tonight

Pretty much.

Now for opening shooter Leo Komorov.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Man, nhl.com is so terrible. So Washington is going with the Empty Net for the Shootout? Oh Wait, I refreshed the page, there is now 1 second left in a Washington PP in OT.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Andersen in the shootout has not been a good time so far

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
I haven't watched much hockey this year but I feel like Granlund is good in shootouts and I can't help but wonder why he's good at nothing else.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jim Hughson: Great move

Replay: shooter never moves

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Andersen not so good on the shoot outs.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Lmao Sutter sucks dogshit ev'ry day

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs probably deserved to win that one

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Did Ovie have his tongue hanging out the whole time on that attempt?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Also for a guy the organization drooled over for being big Andersen sure looks small a lot of the time

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Koopa Kid posted:

Yep. I still blame Hunwick and Polak for being useless on that first Canucks goal.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Tyler Bozak is the best you have for your 3rd shooter? Yikes.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'm Operation Scorched Earth when it comes to the Canucks but I'd be lying if beating the Maple Leafs didn't feel great.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Christ you are terrible Toronto

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Koopa Kid posted:

Yes but this way the Canucks braintrust still think are in it. Who really lost this game?

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Don is mentally retarded

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Probably should have been Nylander but he's been doghoused by Babcock for old-timey coaching reasons

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Shootouts were one of the things Tyler Bozak was actually good at. I use the past tense because it was true a couple years ago. Doesn't seem to be so much now.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.

nature6pk posted:

Don is mentally retarded

And yet he somehow still knows more than anyone else in hockey and that's why you watch Coach's Corner!
Also because it's only 2 minutes and why bother changing the channel for that amount of time.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Young Bozak was good at faceoffs. This is Old Bozak. Old Bozak is only good at being on the ice with Mitch Marner regularly.

nature6pk posted:

Yes but this way the Canucks braintrust still think are in it. Who really lost this game?

And hey, maybe Babcock will finally stop playing his two worst defensemen together

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

hes a really great shootout guy

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Wippersnapper posted:

And yet he somehow still knows more than anyone else in hockey and that's why you watch Coach's Corner!
Also because it's only 2 minutes and why bother changing the channel for that amount of time.

One day we will look back on Don Cherry and think "Hey, maybe he wasn't so bad." Of course this will be because Kypreos or PJ Stock are on Coach's Corner.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Koopa Kid posted:

Probably should have been Nylander but he's been doghoused by Babcock for old-timey coaching reasons

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Shootouts were one of the things Tyler Bozak was actually good at. I use the past tense because it was true a couple years ago. Doesn't seem to be so much now.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

hes a really great shootout guy

Fair enough then.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

grack posted:

Christ you are terrible Toronto

Disagree. And what the hell I thought Miller was supposed to be bad now. Leafs deserved the win. Ah well. lol at Bozak over Nylander (or even Shoshnikov) as the third shooter.

Edit: I know he's usually good on breakaways but I think nylander is the better option.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

DuhSal posted:

Disagree. And what the hell I thought Miller was supposed to be bad now. Leafs deserved the win. Ah well. lol at Bozak over Nylander (or even Shoshnikov) as the third shooter.

Miller is bad, he gave up probably a dozen juicy rebounds and was lucky to get away with them (plus a number of posts).

I don't mind giving the Canucks the bonus point though

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

DuhSal posted:

Miller's not bad per sea, just overpaid and blocking the net on a team that should be jettisoning the elderly like a Viking warship

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

grack posted:

One day we will look back on Don Cherry and think "Hey, maybe he wasn't so bad." Of course this will be because Kypreos or PJ Stock are on Coach's Corner.
every single hockey media personality that is "pushed" has been a complete cherry knockoff. in many cases they go even farther and angrier, and somehow have even less charm about them.

is stock even still employed? i thought he was one of the purged

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
it would be nice if the edmonton oilers hockey club won a national hockey league game tonight

ok thanks for listening

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Stock's probably still working somewhere, I feel like most CBC commentator cast-offs just end up on NHLNetwork or a Fox Sports channel biding their time

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

eXXon posted:

Miller is bad, he gave up probably a dozen juicy rebounds and was lucky to get away with them (plus a number of posts).

He gave up rebounds but he still made some pretty good saves and was positionally pretty good, getting to cross pass shots. I dunno I thought he was the difference. :shrug:

Edit: Like sometimes when I've seen Miller he's overplaying and out of position like mad. Not so much tonight.

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 4, 2016

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Duclair might have just died.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

mike smith is gonna kill someone

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Third period shots with 3:12 to go: CBJ 20 ARI 3.

Still 2-1 Coyotes. :negative:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Finally another shot goes in for the Jackets.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Doctor Butts posted:

Finally another shot goes in for the Jackets.

:siren: FOX Sports Go fails me again :siren:.

The stream caught up just as I saw your post.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Lol wtf Ariz playing Blue Jackets goal song after icing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey, friends. One point is nice, but you deserve a second.

Doctor Butts posted:

Lol wtf Ariz playing Blue Jackets goal song after icing.

That happened once in Columbus against the Blackhawks just after Chicago started using Chelsea Dagger as their goal song.

It wasn't too long after a CHI goal, either.

e- I'd forgotten that 7-5 gong show in this barn last year. David Clarkson even had a goal.

STOP PLAYING PARAMORE SO WE CAN HAVE THE ANNOUNCEMENT, THANK YOU.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

You motherfuckers better win this for Curtis McElhinney, god damnit.

This OT has been amazing.

• Locked thread