Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Wnvvj33Wo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLMPByYWkKE

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7K-kaelQEs

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
drat shame that they stopped working on Crash Bandicoot games. The series turned to poo poo afterwards.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fbO2-egZ3U
you think they dumbed down the first one because scrubs said it was too hard?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the first crash bandicoot is far and away the best IMO

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
urgh i just watched that video. what are they doing!!!!!!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

urgh i just watched that video. what are they doing!!!!!!

Whats wrong with it? I'm not exactly impressed but it doesn't seem like there doing anything drastically wrong

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

rediscover posted:

Whats wrong with it? I'm not exactly impressed but it doesn't seem like there doing anything drastically wrong
First, it isn't a new Jak and Daxter game, and

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i cant stand looking at that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

It looks really crazy because it seems like they took the art choices of the original game and copied them 1:1 without considering how ugly that looks when it leaves the low poly world of the PS1. It would be like releasing a HD version of Super Mario 64 but not changing the lighting or anything while everything looks way more detailed, it would just be uncanny instead of cartoonish and charming

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esk23bBjbdU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

the first crash bandicoot is far and away the best IMO

I liked Warped best

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Crash Team Racing was deffo one of my top 3 played PS1 games because it was super loving fun

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I liked Warped best

The best and last good game they made

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I'm always fond of 2, it was my first ps1 game

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Crash team racing... gently caress nitro cart.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
http://i.imgur.com/tDEWbAr.jpg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should have let Retro Studios make a new crash game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

It looks really crazy because it seems like they took the art choices of the original game and copied them 1:1 without considering how ugly that looks when it leaves the low poly world of the PS1. It would be like releasing a HD version of Super Mario 64 but not changing the lighting or anything while everything looks way more detailed, it would just be uncanny instead of cartoonish and charming

Yea your definitely right about that.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

yes. its like how in pokken tournament (?) the pokemon had visible fur. a lot of the appeal of cartoon stuff is that it leaves a lot to the imagination so when they strart taking bits of it away , its like, well, thats not necessarily how i want to picture things

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSOuF1o8XOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Yobgoblin posted:

Crash team racing... gently caress nitro cart.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
they should make a new crash bandicoot instead of inexecrable poo poo like the last of us, or just stop making games, idc

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I really liked the Last of Us.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I don't like Naughty Dog games, but they're still a godsend compared to every other Sony first party, so I don't complain

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rediscover posted:

I really liked the Last of Us.

Me too. Tbh I like the Uncharted games too

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
ugh... that's, uh, really good, for you

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

HolePisser1982 posted:

I don't like Naughty Dog games, but they're still a godsend compared to every other Sony first party, so I don't complain

Gravity Rush owns. But it's definitely an exception as well when we have such glorious games as Knack.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

Thank you.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Anyone ever play the 3DO naughty dog game where you could do a secret code to see some pixelated boobs

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Zaggitz posted:

Anyone ever play the 3DO naughty dog game where you could do a secret code to see some pixelated boobs

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

naughtydoge luls

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

sector_corrector posted:

I hope you have a good day

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I liked Warped best

the third one isnt as good because instead of platforming now youre on a plane and on a tiger and on a bike and on a jetski just let me play the platformer.

crash 2 is the best and while it had some of that it didnt go crazy like crash 3 or earthworm jim 2 with gimmick levels.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
that being said, the crash trilogy and especially crash team racing are sick as hell and people lookd down on them because its not mario...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ArfJason posted:

the third one isnt as good because instead of platforming now youre on a plane and on a tiger and on a bike and on a jetski just let me play the platformer.

crash 2 is the best and while it had some of that it didnt go crazy like crash 3 or earthworm jim 2 with gimmick levels.

I liked the gimmicky parts most and I kept replaying hte N. Gin boss fight all the time cause I found it fun as hell

ArfJason posted:

that being said, the crash trilogy and especially crash team racing are sick as hell and people lookd down on them because its not mario...

It pisses me off.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ill admit, i found the ngin battle in 3 badass back then

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
CTR is so good. I remember my younger cousin got it in a bundle with the tiny PS1 and we spent all Christmas racing each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wish there was a way to do multiplayer over emulator for ps1

• Locked thread