Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

CJacobs, one of the things I liked about your previous LPs is that you've a good idea of when to provide commentary and when to let the game do its thing. There's been a lot of commentary (by virtue of two commentators) in the first "cut commentary" episode of Alan Wake, which takes away from the heavyhanded and cliched but seemingly integral narrative of the game. I'm probably not part of the core audience for this LP, since I've never played the game, want to, but lack a means to do so - it's difficult to pay attention to the dialogue in game versus you and Skippy's commentary. It's not so challenging when it's just Alan being a dick to everyone, but the more colorful characters had some interesting scenes the commentary detracts a little from.

That all said I'm still on board, good show otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

CJacobs, LP'r of the people!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Alan's costume design is real bad imo

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Alan Wake studied writing at the Moorcock Institute

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Alan pushing the light over was so childishly dramatic I had to laugh. Couldn't just resort to a dramatic "fist slamming on table" trope, nope, had to continue to make the dude look like a spazz.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwJvDBs_Jz0

I played through the entirety of Resident Evil 7 tonight in one sitting! It was super duper fun! If you don't plan on buying the game or don't mind spoilers, you should watch it, I had a great time and the chat was great too. Maybe don't watch it in one sitting because it's 8 hours long.

I'm chewing through the game slowly on account of my studies, and it's great. Quite the departure from the last few games but it's got way more personality imo. Shame to learn it can be played through in eight hours, but whatevs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

lotta griping from 6'5 manlets itt

get on my level of 6'8

cjacobs I witnessed your glorious victory against the final DS3 ringed city dlc boss and want to thank you for streaming both since they were highly entertaining. I bought the season pass when I purchased the game, but found their level of BS too great for me to want to play through them. Your chill streams were a good compromise to catching the content "blind."

re: Alan Wake - I liked the twilight zone rip-off's line about "the guy in the diving suit" being a dream. neat blurring of multiple fictions.

• Locked thread