Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Wasn't there supposed to be an add-on to this game or am I just going doo-lally?

Edit: So, by bad writer, are we talking Garth Marenghi-esque or worse?

Also, I think I've got the twist of the game already. Light heals you, so Alan is secretly part plant!

Edit edit: Dangit, that'll teach me to make comments about Dark place before watching the drat video in full.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Dec 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

They (the characters) have poorly modeled teeth. That's what is weird about them.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Barry is the Wang Chi to Allan's Jack Burton. But only if Jack Burton was also supremely uncool.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Take care, Jacobs.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Zeniel posted:

If I remember correctly the last mammoths died out around the same time that the Great Pyramids of Giza were finished.

drat your eyes! I was gonna say that.

Mastodon translates to 'nipple-tooth'.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

ponzicar posted:

It's in the tradition of Manos: The Hands of Fate.

Or a personal PIN number.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Nice piece of fish posted:

Still brilliant.

Honestly, I kind of agree that King is "agressively mediocre" as a writer. He's like Michael Crichton without the talent or the ideas. To be fair, as I've gotten older I've gotten a lot more picky and nitpicky.

It's actually really hard to write horror, now that I think on it. Film is a much better medium for horror, I think.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Zeniel posted:

I was equal parts bored and inspired.

Eh, I'd rather sit around the house and watch 'Leave it to Beaver'.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well, Wake obviously can't think of anything original. An FBI agent named after a bird? Thomas Harris would want to have a word. No wonder Nightingale thinks Allan is a hack.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

In Allan's defence, you'd expect a kidnapped victim to sound more panicked.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Kidney stones... They're crystallized uric acid, no? Bummer in any case, chief.

Still, could be worse. I remember one goon regaling about their... pancreatic stones, I think? That's supposed to be hellishly painful.

Edit: Really unsure as to which organ it was, reflecting on it. I just remember the descriptions of the agony.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I don't know why you are being so disparaging of our avian friends, CJacobs. Haven't you heard? The birds are the word!

Also, I like to think Alan shooting off all those flares results in a very annoyed rescue helicopter crew dogging his movements.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

Shadow Thermy's dialog:

Drink responsibly. Drinking TOO MUCH Coffee at once may give you BAD POOPS!

Interesting thing about coffee (from the Sawbones podcast). Nobody knows why coffee does that.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Obv. real life takes all precedence over any L.P. Just glad to her from you, and that you are doing better.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Can you ever play as Barry?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

BTW Jacobs, they couldn't have had that mid-boss you were talking about in the game. It would have been a bridge too far.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well, Alan being a fictional character would explain why he's such a crappy author.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Has there ever been a study on advertising being so blatant that it actually lowers the chances of a person buying the product? Because when I saw that goddamn phone I just got angry at Verizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Looking forward to A.N. here as well.

• Locked thread