Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Also if they put two big ten teams in I expect a formal letter of apology from any big ten fans who were mad about Bama/LSU NCG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hog fat
Aug 31, 2016
my radical adherence to stoicism demands I be a raging islamophobic asshole. perhaps ten more days on twitter will teach me the errors of my ways

Raku posted:

so apparently steve sarkisian's alabama salary is 35 grand. So yeah no way he doesn't expect to be OC next year cuz Jesus Christ that's a dropoff (although the way coaches sometimes waste their money he may need it just to get by).

is there some sort of sobriety clause built into his contract? Sark was the most underwhelming coach UW ever had and I include Ty Willingham in that estimation since he was outright awful

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Emron posted:

Also if they put two big ten teams in I expect a formal letter of apology from any big ten fans who were mad about Bama/LSU NCG

I was mad about that mostly because the game was extremely boring

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I wish Penn State had figured out how to be good in the second half against Pitt. They came close but then there was an interception.

I also wish they'd figured out the aggressive play calling against Michigan instead of kicking a field goal down 28-0 because apparently you can spot psu -21 points and they give no fucks

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hog fat posted:

is there some sort of sobriety clause built into his contract? Sark was the most underwhelming coach UW ever had and I include Ty Willingham in that estimation, as he was stark awful

At least Sark was shitfaced the whole time. Ty had no excuse

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

whiteyfats posted:

News: FSU will likely be in the Orange Bowl, probably against Michigan.

Views: Holy poo poo they are gonna sodomize us.

At least we stomped the Gators. :unsmith:

No we won't, we're not Penn State.

MyStereoHasMono
Feb 23, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space
Committee said conference championships matter. They also said strength of schedule matters. tOSU scheduled top 10 Oklahoma and beat them by 21, away at night. Then top 10 Wisconsin, away at night. Then #3 Michigan.

So the resume is easily good enough to make it in. But what about the conference championship? They would have made it in, if Michigan did not lose to Iowa. It would have been a three-way tie for first in the division, which OSU would have won, and gone in over Penn State.

So it's kinda weird to think that you're arguing tOSU has the resume but doesn't deserve to go because Michigan lost to Iowa.

It's cool and logically sound if you think one should have to be a conference champion. I don't think any of the teams in consideration deserve to be left out. Just saying have a little sense of scale with how (not) simple this is.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Emron posted:

Why? I'll be mad at that too.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Raku posted:

so apparently steve sarkisian's alabama salary is 35 grand. So yeah no way he doesn't expect to be OC next year cuz Jesus Christ that's a dropoff (although the way coaches sometimes waste their money he may need it just to get by).

He's made lots of money and was pretty toxic after the way his USC tenure ended. Working for Saban in some capacity is also a good way to rehab your image and convince lots of idiots that you are a good coach regardless of any evidence to the contrary. He has SEC EXPERIENCE now so he can probably be head coach at Kentucky or something in a couple years

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 4, 2016

hog fat
Aug 31, 2016
my radical adherence to stoicism demands I be a raging islamophobic asshole. perhaps ten more days on twitter will teach me the errors of my ways

sportsgenius86 posted:

At least Sark was shitfaced the whole time. Ty had no excuse

poor syntax; what I'd meant to say was that Willingham was simply awful whereas Sark was more disappointing.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
What is this loving nonsense about it mattering whether a game was at night or not?

Remember when Hawaii opened their season on another continent, then had to travel all the way to the Bug House 10 time zones away the very next week?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Emron posted:

Any fans who root for a conference, owe everyone a formal apology.

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago
Do we know when it's actually going to be announced or do I have to suffer through a bunch of ESPN bullshit?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Abe Froman posted:

Do we know when it's actually going to be announced or do I have to suffer through a bunch of ESPN bullshit?
ESPN bullshit, of course

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Holy poo poo, David Pollack's suit is hideous.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I think Herbie's talking himself into a Bama/OSU/Michigan/PSU bracket lol

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Someone brought up the suggestion of the committee announcing Penn State not getting in from a locker room shower, which is a fine suggestion.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Shut up Danny Kanell

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

For the folks with the conference champs boner, if Florida had won yesterday, would you advocate Alabama being left out?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Emron posted:

I think Herbie's talking himself into a Bama/OSU/Michigan/PSU bracket lol
ESPN desperately wants that bracket, but they aren't getting it, so they're trying to talk everyone into a Bama/Clemson/OSU/Penn State bracket

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

AsInHowe posted:

Someone brought up the suggestion of the committee announcing Penn State not getting in from a locker room shower, which is a fine suggestion.

How are you this bad? You have to be over 50.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Real Name Grover posted:

Shut up Danny Kanell

Always and forever

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Also just loving tell me the rankings, stop this nonsense

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago
Anyone else aroused?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

This guy at Clemson is a stereotype made flesh holy poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wreath Davis

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

sportsgenius86 posted:

For the folks with the conference champs boner, if Florida had won yesterday, would you advocate Alabama being left out?

Yes. Put in Oklahoma, I don't care.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Great, Urban Meyer is a grandfather. Seriously, congratulations to him and his family.

But make the loving announcement.

E: Oh, I guess the committee hasn't submitted it yet? OK then

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Adun posted:

Emron my wife and I were in Thailand a few weeks ago and trying to explain to her that I wanted to buy an elephant shaped piece of pottery because it reminded me of a poster's custom title of a Bama colored elephant fellating itself was an interesting conversation. I managed to convince her though.

Thailand is dope, I'm going there over Christmas.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

C-Euro posted:

Thailand is dope, I'm going there over Christmas.

...Why?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If you're actually watching their trash show just to get some rankings you can get from twitter two seconds later you deserve it being drawn out and bad

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Whoa we don't need to go that tight on Holly Rowe

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I could be playing FFXV but instead I'm watching a boring ESPN shitshow that will end with the same top four as last week

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Penn State has 2 losses, don't deserve to be in over teams with 1 or 0 loss. End of story. LOL @ UM getting in!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thoguh posted:

-Highly accurate and important Thoguh Playoff Projections update.

Week 1: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 2: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 3: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford
Week 4: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford
Week 5: Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington
Week 6 Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington
Week 7: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington
Week 8: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington
Week 9: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington
Week 10: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington
Week 11: Alabama, Clemson, Washington, Wisconsin
Week 12: Alabama, Clemson, Colorado, Wisconsin
Week 13: Alabama, Clemson, Washington, Wisconsin

I think if Clemson or Washington lose the committee might piss off everyone but Ohio State fans and ESPN execs and put Ohio State in, since Colorado has a loss to Michigan, Oklahoma has a loss to Ohio State, the committee is considering Oklahoma State to be a 2 loss team, and VT is a three loss team.. But if Washington wins and they are left out the committee is basically pulling a huge gently caress you to multiple conferences and decreasing the importance of the regular season. Plus it would mean the second time in three years that they've gone out of their way to include Ohio State when Ohio State shouldn't be in.

Week 14: Alabama, Clemson, Penn State, Washington

They're totally going to put in Ohio State, but I refuse to acknowledge that.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach/status/805458033069477888

https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach/status/805459166433280000

https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach/status/805459360327565313

https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach/status/805459500467716097

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Emron posted:

This guy at Clemson is a stereotype made flesh holy poo poo

Marty Smith is the loving man and basically cuts wrestling promos re: college football

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Emron posted:

I could be playing FFXV but instead I'm watching a boring ESPN shitshow that will end with the same top four as last week

your team is number 1 every week how could you possibly care

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
this sad rear end michigan bit ahahahahaah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Michigan guy: "Why am I here?"

• Locked thread