Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Don't suck tonight, Darling

I'm hoping that Crow being out might convince the guys in front of the goalies to start possessing the puck more, especially in the first period. The goalie safety blanket is gone.

Although it's going to be tough next few weeks if Toews isn't close to returning, as reports today indicate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Furnaceface posted:

So I missed getting out to Hometown Hockey to give a SAS shoutout because I got called in to work.

Day sucks already, please dont make it worse Hawks.

e: Wait Toews and Crawford out potentially long term? :rip:

Yeah, apparently Toews' back hasn't improved so they'll re-evaluate him in 3 days. Sucks :smith:

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

2 shots on goal in the first what the gently caress

This has been happening all season - a lot of periods with paltry shot totals. It's quite jarring compared to what we've seen every other year with Q coaching.

That said, I didn't think it'd ever be so bad that they'd only register *two* while at home. That's pretty pathetic, Toews or no Toews.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Rasmussen missed an open net, ugh.

e: Oh god if Kempny is seriously hurt then it will mean more TvR time

Ummagumma fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 5, 2016

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Kane commits an offensive zone penalty, lovely

e: And the Jets capitalize. And given how the Hawks have looked tonight, one goal seems impossible

Ummagumma fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 5, 2016

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
According to the Hawks broadcast, the Jets have 13 scoring chances this game. The Hawks just have one with half of the third left to go

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Panarin :siren:

But only happened because that line was getting crushed, fortunately a shot off a 2 on 1 went off the post to spring the Hawks break

e: Also Panarin pulled a guy's stick away, which seems illegal

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Jets really deserved another goal or two with all the zone time they've had

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Hinostroza had a nice chance there, but the stick to his face seemed to throw him off

Hawks get a power play to try and tie this up again, but given how the power play has slumped lately...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Hawks were barely in this one and were lucky to even have a chance to tie it

And Toews and Crow aren't coming back anytime soon, gulp

• Locked thread