Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
ahahahahahahahaa

touchback rule strikes again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Some clownball appears!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
touchback rule owns loving bones

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The dumbest rule.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol that stupid poo poo Colt.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Doyle you dipshit

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
down by 3 scores, kneeling it out.

why not funsling

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Owns

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Edit: :lol: dead/sleeping old Jets dude

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
....wait what the gently caress? fumbled touchbacks come out to the 20, but kickoff touchbacks come out to the 25???

Never Easy
May 9, 2008
The best football

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Keith Atherton posted:

I am watching because I'm waiting for the clownball switch to be thrown.

I've watched every MNF and TNF game this year with the hope there will be clownball

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Haha, it bounced off the pylon

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Turdsdown Tom posted:

....wait what the gently caress? fumbled touchbacks come out to the 20, but kickoff touchbacks come out to the 25???

punt touchbacks to the 20 still, too.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

art

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Turdsdown Tom posted:

If nothing else, this is the type of game where we can learn this kind of poo poo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao and Boomer's dumbass picked the Jets to win.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I hope that clown Woody and his pal Pense are having fun!!!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Turdsdown Tom posted:

If you think about how touchbacks on punts still come out to the 20, it makes sense. The kickoff rule was created to incentivize players to just take the extra 5 yards. The way punts work, there is no real way to incentivize that anymore than it already is.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pubic works project posted:

How bad was Fitz's last pick? I was driving home and Boomer was like "after that throw if I'm the coach I sit him down in the locker room, take his helmet away and tell him he's done for the day."

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

pubic works project posted:

To be fair.. They had some sort of blitz package that the Colts couldn't deal with one time.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

How bad was Fitz's last pick? I was driving home and Boomer was like "after that throw if I'm the coach I sit him down in the locker room, take his helmet away and tell him he's done for the day."

I don't think it was that bad, but it was IIRC an underthrow into double coverage

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I just don't understand why you put Fitzpatrick out there to gently caress around when you could put Petty or Hackenberg out there to do no worse.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Qwijib0 posted:

I don't think it was that bad, but it was IIRC an underthrow into double coverage

Aw, I was hoping it was super stupid...

Boomer and Kevin Harlan have basically been non-stop talking about how bad the Jets are all broadcast on the radio from what I heard. Things like "I've seen college teams that are better prepared to play." They're basically saying Bowles is 100% gone (which may not be far off the mark) and wondering what the future of the franchise is.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Keith Atherton posted:

Edit: :lol: dead/sleeping old Jets dude

Please say someone screenshot this guy. I laughed for 2 mins straight.

This is my second post in a Jets GDT. gently caress my life.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

swickles posted:

If you think about how touchbacks on punts still come out to the 20, it makes sense. The kickoff rule was created to incentivize players to just take the extra 5 yards. The way punts work, there is no real way to incentivize that anymore than it already is.

I didn't know punts came out to the 20 too, either.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Aw, I was hoping it was super stupid...

Boomer and Kevin Harlan have basically been non-stop talking about how bad the Jets are all broadcast on the radio from what I heard. Things like "I've seen college teams that are better prepared to play."

Football nerd twitter:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well, at least there's a stark reminder of things that are worse then the 2nd half of a 24-3 MNF game.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Dig Hoffa up out of the endzone and put his rotten skeleton in at QB

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Bench Revis.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Eltoasto posted:

I just don't understand why you put Fitzpatrick out there to gently caress around when you could put Petty or Hackenberg out there to do no worse.
Petty was worse. It was the worst football I have ever watched. My team lost 9-6

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Pagano coach of the year.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I thought people were joking around how bad Revis has gotten, Jesus

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Gruden's gotta have an intern running him stiff drinks by now to get through this

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
No, Gruden. Revis isn't bad because of a wrist injury, it's because he doesn't care anymore.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahahaha Hilton embarrassed that dude

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
this defense is just embarrassing.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Well the Jets couldn't make the tackle so he fell over on his own

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So the Colts are winning the AFC south huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

EvanTH posted:

Well the Jets couldn't make the tackle so he fell over on his own

TY has a 2 move limit

• Locked thread